Thread: blue lights

Forum Member

Default blue lights

let me first start off saying i dont want a big thing out of this. I just want to see what other people are using and think. please be respectful to all other firefighters that comment.

i live in Iowa we are aloud to use a courtesy lights. im just looking for a reasonable priced dash light.

what are guys using? how much did u pay? do people see it?

Forum Member

aloud ???? -" I wants ta buy aloud sireeen ta go with my bluelight.
    ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by slackjawedyokel View Post
    aloud ???? -" I wants ta buy aloud sireeen ta go with my bluelight.
    I told you once already. Duct tape the wifes cat to the engine fan, it really is better than a Q-2.

Forum Member

Aloud... as opposed to mentally? Or do you mean allowed!

As for lights, no need for one here... I can make the first out without one... Not to mention they draw unwanted attention without necessarily granting you anything... 'Look at me, this blue light says I am important!"

Ask the Juniors, they can probably point you in the right direction

As for price wise, if its really important to you, I recommend a simple cone-like ones, probably run you somewhere in the neighbourhood of $50...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miller337 View Post
    I told you once already. Duct tape the wifes cat to the engine fan, it really is better than a Q-2.
    Had my wifes cat get wound up in the fan and pulleys of a F-700 Ford truck sitting in the front yard - bad thing is I didnt realize it was there for 5 days in June.
    ?

Forum Member

I have a whelen undercover light bar in the front: all blue, and that sure does get people to move, they get scared as if I was an undercover cop. I also have a mini-phantom in the back: blue, to provide my "360" since I cannot afford a bar light.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Highschoolvolunteer View Post
    Aloud... as opposed to mentally? Or do you mean allowed!

As for lights, no need for one here... I can make the first out without one... Not to mention they draw unwanted attention without necessarily granting you anything... 'Look at me, this blue light says I am important!"

Ask the Juniors, they can probably point you in the right direction

As for price wise, if its really important to you, I recommend a simple cone-like ones, probably run you somewhere in the neighbourhood of $50...
    100% agree..running blue lights and driving like an idiot pins you to the fire dept and makes the whole thing look bad, driving like an idiot without them, well then you're just another idiot on the road

but I always liked using LEDs (clear when off, and easily concealable) just do some shopping around you can find some decent priced equipment out there

Forum Member

You can get a decent LED dash light for under $100. But as stated above when you drive like an idiot with it on everyone knows who to call to complain.... No light they just yell and swear to themselves..... As an Assistant chief I tell our guys to us them to try and move someone and shut it back off...... The " I saw some one in a red car going 200 mph with a blue light" are annoying. Some people just like to **** and moan and look for reasons to....

Thread Information