Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Excessive use of horn whilst stuck in traffic?

Just wondered what people thought about this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69D1wHMT3C8

Particularly as to whether the use of horn was excessive? How would you do it differently?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by firetruckldn View Post
    Just wondered what people thought about this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69D1wHMT3C8

Particularly as to whether the use of horn was excessive? How would you do it differently?
    I'm not sure there's another way. It appeared that whilst (yeah I'm bi-lingual) traffic was very tight, the apparatus made each car move by forcing the people in front of him to do anything they could to get out of the way. If it wasn't loud and inconvenienceing they likely would have just shrugged it off. It appeared that a few when times when a single vehicle moved they could gain significant ground, not just the single car length. Somehow that bus got from just ahead to way ahead?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RFDACM02 View Post
    I'm not sure there's another way. It appeared that whilst (yeah I'm bi-lingual) traffic was very tight, the apparatus made each car move by forcing the people in front of him to do anything they could to get out of the way. If it wasn't loud and inconvenienceing they likely would have just shrugged it off. It appeared that a few when times when a single vehicle moved they could gain significant ground, not just the single car length. Somehow that bus got from just ahead to way ahead?
    I think overall the driver did quite well. Itís difficult when the traffic is as bad as it is in the video. Maybe there is a bit too much horn and siren, but only marginally because as you say by leaving it on you keep everyone informed that youíre there Ė which is particularly important as the lights change and the opportunity to progress occurs.

Bit close to the red car at 0:40 though, right?

Forum Member

I don't think that was excessive at all, I've seen WAY worse, to the point of the air running out. I been a few situations like that where we gave specific directions with the loudspeaker, or got out an directed the individual drivers where to go. (because they were too stupid to figure it out on their own)

Thread Information