Forum Member

Default Beverly Hills 2013

Just a thread for anyone in the process to share their concerns or questions, etc.

Filled out application and am taking the FireTEAM next week. I've already passed CPAT, so that's already under my belt.

Apparently after you pass the FireTEAM and CPAT, they review your scores, and then decide who moves on in the process.

Did anyone else apply?

Forum Member

I did. I wonder what score they are looking for on the HR portion of the test...

Forum Member

im thinking about testing for this dept. I live in RI. Any info would be great. Cost of Living there must be alot since they start FF out pretty high

Forum Member

I just got the email today about moving on to the interview. I was wondering if anyone knew how many are moving on and how many they are hiring?

Forum Member

I still have not received anything yet

Forum Member

Got an interview here too, but no clue how many are through. The only info I have is that 600 applied.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by joe_carlos59 View Post
    Got an interview here too, but no clue how many are through. The only info I have is that 600 applied.
    when did you receive notification?

Forum Member

Got an email around 4:00 pm yesterday.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by joe_carlos59 View Post
    Got an email around 4:00 pm yesterday.
    are you a paramedic?

Forum Member

EMT, Firefighter 1&2, in Medic school (3 months left), and on the job 7 years. Not sure if any of that matters.

Forum Member

Firefighter/EMT from Washington State with 7 years of volunteering. Got my email yesterday at 4pm. Does anyone know anything about this process?

Forum Member

Pulled this from the BHFA website. It's not much but it's something...and it's all I've got! According to this there will be a Cheif Interview to follow your panel.

What is the Process and how long does it take to become a Firefighter for Beverly Hills?

This can often vary from person to person. In order to be hired by Beverly Hills you must first you must attend a fire academy which is typically 12-16 weeks and you must be at least a high school graduate, however a college degree is highly valuable. Next you must obtain your Emergency Medical Technician certification to learn basic life saving techniques. This takes a semester and is a requirement since every firefighter also works as an EMT. An option that many candidates choose to make themselves more valuable is to attend paramedic school. This is another year of medical training in everything from cardiac monitoring, medication therapy, and airway management. After you have obtained all of this you may now take a physical agility test which is a strenuous test encompassing a number of obstacles that must be passed under a certain time limit. Finally when the city has a vacancy we will administer a written examination. From the written test only top qualified scores will be taken to a first round of interviews. Of them a select few will be referred to the Fire Chief for a final interview. Upon passing the final Chief’s interview a very strenuous and in depth background investigation will take place usually lasting approximately three months and includes a polygraph examination. After this we will be referred to a psychological exam and finally a medical exam to ensure we are fit to perform the duties of firefighter. In all, the process from the test takes about nine months, however it can take several years before a candidate is hired with a city since there are often thousands of applicants for only a few jobs. Yet becoming a firefighter opens up the door to a very rewarding, satisfying job that makes every day an adventure.

Forum Member

Thank you Joe. I can't wait for my interview. I live in Washington so it's going to be an adventure!

Forum Member

haven't received anything yet. CA FF1, Engineer, in medic school(4 weeks left) & 3yrs of experience. Good luck in your interviews!! I hope I get a notification too

Forum Member

For those of you that passed the fireteam test, what were your scores? Between the math/reading/mechanical/HR sections?

Forum Member

I averaged a 91.6

88 video, 86 mechanical, 100 math, 92 reading

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dtkventura View Post
    For those of you that passed the fireteam test, what were your scores? Between the math/reading/mechanical/HR sections?
    Video:87, Mechanical:%75, Math:%87, Reading:%88

Forum Member

Anyone else who passed care to share what their scores were?

Forum Member

video 87.87% mechanical 100.00% math 90.32% reading 96.00%

Thread Information