04-22-2013, 07:56 PM #1
SAM Registration now required to SUBMIT 2013 AFG applications
Recvied the following a few minutes ago folks; please note SAM registration will be required for submitting 2013 AFG. Forewarned is forewarned!
IMPORTANT: ALL APPLICANTS AND GRANTEES MUST REGISTER IN THE SYSTEM FOR AWARD MANAGEMENT (SAM)
***Beginning with the 2013 AFG application period, all applicants will be required to be registered in SAM.gov BEFORE SUBMITTING their applications. Don’t Delay! Register now!***
• ALL GRANT APPLICANTS: Please ensure that your entity has an active registration in SAM.gov. Registration is required to award all new awards for FY 2012 and 2013. It may take several days for a newly submitted registration to become active.
• POTENTIAL APPLICANTS? If you are thinking about applying for FY 2013 funds, you should register your organization on SAM.gov as soon as possible. Although you may submit a 2013 SAFER grant application without having completed SAM.gov registration, you will not be awarded without an active SAM.gov account. However, beginning with the 2013 AFG application period, all applicants will be required to be registered in SAM.gov BEFORE SUBMITTING their applications. So to be safe, register in SAM.gov as soon as you can -- don’t wait for the application period to open.
• CURRENT GRANTEES: Current grantees must have an active registration in SAM.gov to avoid delays in receiving approval of amendment and payment requests.
• EVERYONE: Make sure the banking information, employer ID number, and DUNS number you report in SAM.gov are accurate; the data you enter in SAM.gov and in your grant applications must match.
Remember that registration on SAM.gov is completely free of charge. There is no fee for you to register or to renew or update your organization’s information on SAM.gov. You may see the websites of private businesses or contractors that will register your organization in SAM for you—for a fee.These websites often look like government websites at first glance. BUT remember that paying any fee is unnecessary to use SAM.gov and its resources.
TO OBTAIN HELP WITH SAM.GOV:
1. Visit the SAM.gov Website. First, become familiar with SAM.gov. Browse through and read the Guides, Top FAQs, and other information that can be found online at the SAM.gov website, the SAM Helpful Hints page, and the Federal Service Desk at www.fsd.gov
2. View the SAM Webinar. Next, view the prerecorded SAM Webinar for users, which covers topics like
o Creating a new SAM user account;
o Migrating permissions from the legacy Central Contractors Registry (CCR) system into SAM; and
o Updating and renewing an existing registration.
3. Contact the AFG Grants Management Specialists (GMS). Next, send questions you have by e-mail to the AFG Grants Management Specialist for your FEMA region. A list of the GMS for each FEMA Region is shown below and also can be found on the AFG Website. Faxes for the GMS staff may be sent to 202-786-9905.
REGIONS GMS STATE ASSIGNMENTS
REGION I Ramesa Pitts
CT, MA, ME, NH, RI, VT
REGION II Nancy Cannon
NJ, NY, PR, VI
REGION III Jackie Lee
PA, VA, WV, DC, DE, MD
REGION IV Marie Rogers
AL, GA, MS, NC
REGION IV Chanee Williams
FL, KY, SC, TN
REGION V Martin Rosier
IL, IN, MI, MN, WI, OH
REGION VI Francisco Bernal
AR, LA, TX, NM, OK
REGION VII Francisco Bernal
IA, KS, MO, NE,
REGION VIII Nancy Cannon
CO, MT, ND, SD, UT, WY
REGION IX Katrice Hagan
CNMI, GUAM, HI, NV, SAMOA
REGION IX Earl Davis
REGION X Jackie Lee
AK, ID, OR, WA
4. SAM/Federal Service Desk (Help Desk). If you are still having problems navigating in SAM.gov,call the toll-free SAM.gov Federal Service Desk at 1-866-606-8220, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.Kurt Bradley
Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
" Never Trade Skill for Luck"
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By ffscm72 in forum Firefighters ForumReplies: 11Last Post: 10-17-2007, 05:34 PM
By SLY4420 in forum Federal FIRE ACT Grants & FundingReplies: 5Last Post: 02-16-2007, 10:34 AM
By vapor00 in forum New Web Site AnnouncementsReplies: 0Last Post: 12-16-2005, 03:23 PM
By vapor00 in forum Firefighters ForumReplies: 0Last Post: 10-13-2005, 02:56 PM
By webteam in forum Firefighters ForumReplies: 20Last Post: 06-10-2002, 02:52 PM