Forum Member

I just received a letter to take the physical agility test. Not sure I'm going to be able to make it though, kind of short notice for me.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dolphins2211 View Post
    I just received a letter to take the physical agility test. Not sure I'm going to be able to make it though, kind of short notice for me.
    When is it scheduled for?

Forum Member

The 15th. Between medic school, work, and the 5 hour drive its going to be hard to get up there but I'm gonna try.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dolphins2211 View Post
    The 15th. Between medic school, work, and the 5 hour drive its going to be hard to get up there but I'm gonna try.
    Good luck!!! I understand that all too well. I'm right in the middle of medic school myself.

Forum Member

I'm a FF/EMT and received a letter in the mail about the PAT and for it to be signed by my MD. It's too short of a notice and the test is tmw, I unfortunately won't be able to make it.

Forum Member

There is another round of interviews going on in September. From what I've heard there is already a band that has had interviews. I am wondering if the next round of interviews will be added to that list and divided up into the Bands....or possibly a new list....?

Forum Member

Anyone heard anything?

Forum Member

As of Oct 4th the dept is still processing the background/polygraph information from those applicants that were able to attend the Sept.21st appointment. Once those are done another date will be sent out for those that missed the 21st. Processing will continue through Oct and Nov., maybe Dec. also. Academy mostly likely in beginning of 2014.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by cabbens View Post
    As of Oct 4th the dept is still processing the background/polygraph information from those applicants that were able to attend the Sept.21st appointment. Once those are done another date will be sent out for those that missed the 21st. Processing will continue through Oct and Nov., maybe Dec. also. Academy mostly likely in beginning of 2014.
    Are you certainly in the process as well?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by cabbens View Post
    Last I heard was that Jacksonville accepted a safer grant and would be using that to bring on a class in either November or December. I heard they were planning on bringing on around 60 or so sometime before the end of the year. Who knows at this point though.

It does make sence that they would decide to wait till after the first of the year, if they are still working with people in the hiring process.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Longshot View Post
    Last I heard was that Jacksonville accepted a safer grant and would be using that to bring on a class in either November or December. I heard they were planning on bringing on around 60 or so sometime before the end of the year. Who knows at this point though.

It does make sence that they would decide to wait till after the first of the year, if they are still working with people in the hiring process.
    Ya I can't imagine them waiting so long to hire a class? February is when I applied, June is when I was interviewed , and July is when I was banded. Good things come to those who wait though. So keep your record clean of all infractions and stay certifed!

Forum Member

I just heard they are starting a class around Nov 19 for about 40. A friend of mine got the call. He said they told him most of the class will consist of vet's. There should also be another class starting early next year, I haven't heard of a specific date yet though.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Longshot View Post
    I just heard they are starting a class around Nov 19 for about 40. A friend of mine got the call. He said they told him most of the class will consist of vet's. There should also be another class starting early next year, I haven't heard of a specific date yet though.
    Are they calling or certified letter in the mail?

MembersZone Subscriber

I realize they just had an app process in February, but does anyone know how often they have a process?
    -Firefighting is a lifestyle NOT a career-

MembersZone Subscriber

NVM I received an email earlier today that stated they will be holding Apps again in early december. good luck to those who have applied and will be applying.
    -Firefighting is a lifestyle NOT a career-

Forum Member

I heard letters went out for a class in January. Anyone else heard anything?

Forum Member

That is correct. I'm in that class and there suppose to hire 67 in the next couple months. There classing to let ppl know not sending letters.

Forum Member

Their calling to let people know not sending letters*

Forum Member

Ok. Thanks for the info! Maybe there is some hope for me after all!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jray1737 View Post
    Ok. Thanks for the info! Maybe there is some hope for me after all!
    I would call up there and drop your name around to HQ. just so they know who you are.

Forum Member

Alright, thanks for the advice. Are you a medic too?

Forum Member

Yessir. I'm guessing you are too ? There's a pretty good chance that their gunna scoop all the medics up. Just sit tight , keep all your certs up and be patient. Definitely call up there like twice a month to keep getting an update on the whole process. The lady is really nice and always answered my questions. I swear I called up there like 2 a month for like 3 months lol.

Forum Member

It's ma'am lol. No I'm not a medic, idk why I put 'too'. I'll definitely be calling up there. I just want to be hired already!!! This waiting game is no fun.

Forum Member

From what I've heard, they plan on hiring everyone remaining on the current "band 1" list by mid 2014. One class starting in Jan, one class starting March/April, and the last class maybe around June/July. This is all rumor, but I've heard the same thing from a few good sources. The app process they opened in December is to establish a new list once the current one is expired.

Forum Member

Well that's awesome news. I called up there today to change my contact info and the lady who answered said that they are definitely having more classes this year but no set dates yet.

Thread Information