Like Tree2Likes

Thread: on call for night shift

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Quote Originally Posted by FireDept17 View Post
    im not fighting its the reason i didnt answer him the first time because i ignore rude comments and that is the reason i messaged him to lay it to rest if you guys scroll up you can see i did not start this i asked a simple question about midnight shifts
    If you get offended when a firefighter says "um" to you your career is going to be a rough one. We pick on, and at, each other all the time and sensitive fresh meat like you won't last long around the kitchen table. You will be running off to pout, or call your mommy and tell her how mean everyone is.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Why would you rip me a new one here, after I had walked away from this nonsense last night. Then come and try to make nice? You look insincere and frankly like a little weasel. The difference between you and me is I removed what I deemed as incorrect posts to you and apologized for the mistake. Your response was to follow me to a long dead post and then to post your stupid attack on here.

Further, I think you have proven either you are one of the most ignorant college students alive mistaking the word chivalry for cavalry, or you wouldn't know the truth if it bit you on your smart azz. I was right in the first place you are a junior member most likely still in high school living at home with mommy and daddy.
    rip a new one? I said "chivalry is called in" someone said what i meant by it, i responded. How is that ripping? Chivalry and cavalry are two different words. And nope not living with my mom or dad and no as stated i am not in high school.

Forum Member

im just trying to clarify because he is saying i was being sneaky but i actually wasnt im not arguing with him im just trying to clarify
    And all I am saying is if you really wanted to make nice you could have very easily deleted your post and made yourself look sincere instead of coming off like a weasel.
    Maybe it's not too late

Forum Member

I am done here unless junior wants to dance some more.

Frankly, I would ather spend time with people who want to share ideas, learn, and that I can learn from, than with him.
    Maybe it's not too late

Forum Member

I am done here unless junior wants to dance some more.

Frankly, I would ather spend time with people who want to share ideas, learn, and that I can learn from, than with him.
    right so when someone posts a question guys usually answer it to be helpful not be nasty

Forum Member

Yep FyredUp im done here too thought this forum was made for guys who want to be helpful, only one person who responded was helpful. Mistake creating an account here. Have a nice life

Forum Member

I was helpful, I said ask YOUR FD's senior guys. I didn't realize the word um would set you into a tantrum.

Now buh bye!
    Maybe it's not too late

Forum Member

I was helpful, I said ask YOUR FD's senior guys. I didn't realize the word um would set you into a tantrum.

Now buh bye!
    false i ignored that post, your tantrum started when i ignored you. adios

Forum Member

Yep FyredUp im done here too thought this forum was made for guys who want to be helpful, only one person who responded was helpful. Mistake creating an account here. Have a nice life
    A tad thin skinned, aren't we?
    Chenzo likes this.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

If someone can't take a little abuse on the internet, how the hell are they going to survive in the real world, let alone the fire house?

Jesus, I guess the internet is serious business...
    "A fire department that writes off civilians faster than an express line of 6 reasons or less is not progressive, it's dangerous, because it's run by fear. Fear does not save lives, it endangers them." -- Lt. Ray McCormack FDNY

"Because if you don't think you're good, nobody else will." -- DC Tom Laun (ret) Syracuse

Forum Member

*yawning*...

Forum Member

To get back on topic we do a 10-6 shift at our VFD. Our members are broken up between Monday and Saturday in the evening for medical calls so we have atlease 3 showing up. Everyone has to show on Sunday. My shift is Monday night and I enjoy only having to get up once a week at night and yes I am at home asleep on my shift.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by slackjawedyokel View Post
    Dont know you from Adam fireSEVENTEEN -but you really need to get a life, and grow up. fighting on the internet is childish at best.
    Shouldn't your comment go towards other posters as well? It does take 2 to Tango...
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

F17, we don't do shifts at my company. Did do them when I was active in EMS agency. All shift members responded from home, no one stayed at station overnight. We didn't have any sleeping quarters, no showers, very small kitchen area, etc. Other factor was that all members (at that time) lived within a few minutes of the station so there was short travel time.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

Getting back to the original topic....My department is mostly volunteer, paid per call, with a certain percentage of calls we are required to respond to per year. Our on call shift is 7pm-6am every 6th night, but we can respond to calls whenever we want, not just on our call nights. I usually let my Chief know when i'm in district during daytime hours due to the fact that it's not always known who is available during the day due to work schedules, etc.

Thread Information