Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Palm beach county hiring

Forum Member

The hiring this year will be off of the list that was made last year? Or will there be another application process later on?

Forum Member

The rumor is that they will start a new list in April

Forum Member

Awesome Thank You

Forum Member

They made it sound like as long as you score high enough in the interview you will get hired. One of the HR ppl said how many they hire depends on how many score high enough
    ecfire19 likes this.

Forum Member

I hope so, it seems very difficult to get hired when you don't have prior experience as a firefighter and when cities only hire a handful of people. Hopefully this will be good news for many of us.
    Quote Originally Posted by osirus599 View Post
    They made it sound like as long as you score high enough in the interview you will get hired. One of the HR ppl said how many they hire depends on how many score high enough

Forum Member

LOL, isn't that always the case?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bestcoast858 View Post
    LOL, isn't that always the case?
    Lol your right it is what they always say. WHatever the case I'm staying positive.
    ecfire19 likes this.

Forum Member

Lol your right it is what they always say. WHatever the case I'm staying positive.
    BOOM! Got a call from HR I'm moving forward in the process. The class start date I was told is April 28th as of now. Could always change. Anyone else get a call??

Forum Member

how long is their academy? do u know when they will call for the next class?

Forum Member

I believe academy is 8 weeks. There have been a few classes have been called for those that had 2+ years experience. One class is already on shift. Another is in academy now and graduates on 2/28. There is another class scheduled to start in mid March.

The class scheduled to start in late April/May will be off of the 2nd group of interviews for those that had less than 2 years experience.

Word is that they may start a new application process sometime in late spring/early summer. No idea how many that they plan to hire but I heard that they have 100+ vacancies that needed to be filled.

Forum Member

I was told this class starts April 28th. That could always change. I'm Just thankful to be moving forward. PBCFR has always been my top choice and it will be a dream come true if I get on. Good luck to everyone else still in the process.
    ecfire19 likes this.

Forum Member

I heard that they are planning G to start a new list soon.... As anyone heard this as well and do you know when

Forum Member

Sorry , but what is "planning G " ?????

Forum Member

Is the CPAT strickly pass/fail ,, or is the actual time recorded and considered for hiring ?

Forum Member

Wassup guys I spoke to a recruiting officer at pbcfr today and she advised the they are planning to open for apps in April. And once again preference will be given to anyone who has :
    2 or more yrs on a paid dept
    Valid Acls card
    Valid paramedic cert
    EVOC
    She also stated recruitment will be VERY soon! Stay up!
    ecfire19 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MCDivision View Post
    I believe academy is 8 weeks. There have been a few classes have been called for those that had 2+ years experience. One class is already on shift. Another is in academy now and graduates on 2/28. There is another class scheduled to start in mid March.

The class scheduled to start in late April/May will be off of the 2nd group of interviews for those that had less than 2 years experience.

Word is that they may start a new application process sometime in late spring/early summer. No idea how many that they plan to hire but I heard that they have 100+ vacancies that needed to be filled.
    Wassup man! Sorry to bother! But have u heard anything new from pbcfr? I'm also hearing they Are looking to open up in April?truth? Was your source valid? [not discrediting your help]

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MCDivision View Post

Sorry to hear borther! But has there been any new update with pbcfr? Is there really going to be a new application opening ? N what do they look for in driving hx ? Thanks and info would help!!!

Forum Member

hey brother quick question. Palm beach is opening up soon and i was wondering if you could tell me where you guys did the IAFF CPAT exam.. I have searched everywhere on the internet to find it. Thanks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by sean_martin View Post
    hey brother quick question. Palm beach is opening up soon and i was wondering if you could tell me where you guys did the IAFF CPAT exam.. I have searched everywhere on the internet to find it. Thanks
    nationaltestingnetwork.com I used this as well as my friend that got hired with palm beach county last year and they accepted it. We drove to Ocala and did the test, only took a few minutes.. you can go back onto the website and print out your pass/fail paper. It expires after one year, I took mine last may so it is almost up for me. I hope this helps you.

Forum Member

Anyone been through there Academy? What it's like, what to expect??

Thread Information