+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 First ... 23456 Last
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Palm beach county hiring

Forum Member

I'm not expecting to hear anything until mid to late Sept.

Forum Member

Yeah I was expecting that too but it doesn't make sense to contact candidates that late if there's a class starting in late oct. Verification of Certs take about 1wk, Backgrounds take about 2wks, medical take about 2wks, and a 2wk notice for your current job. We are looking at a 6-7 wk hiring process. My buddy who just got hired says generally they'll start sending emails about 3weeks afters the interviews .....I dk maybe it's a stretch but I can't wait to get this over with, this waiting blows

Forum Member

You answered the fire question much better than I did, I know i did horrible on it. As far as the bending the rules, i guess no one really knows what they want to hear, just hope my (real) story of what i did was acceptable. First two weeks of september im sure something will be mentioned.

Forum Member

do they send out emails or are they calling candidates???

Forum Member

@daryif, yea bro I don't know how exactly they plan to contact people. To my understanding if you move on you received a call and if you weren't moving on u receieved a email. How did u answer the 20% discount question ? And the vehicle accident question ?

Forum Member

Yea it is probably a phone call. 20% i can't recall everything I think i mentioned something how about discounts are usually given to veterans police fire and occupations of that nature because of the work they do, i said something about if it made him more comfortable we can kindly request to decline the 20% and just thank them for offering. Im sure i said more but that is about the gist of it. Vehicle accident was fairly simple, tell her who you are and that you are here to help and to do the absolute best work to help her husband she needs to step aside with me... and blah blah blah pretty simple i think.

Forum Member

Ok you should be good. I'm hearing that pbcfr is running into the same problem like last hiring process, candidates aren't score high enough on the interviews... Fml

Forum Member

I have a pretty good inside source with PBCFR and he told me that they started grading the interviews last Monday and remember the paper they handed us before we left said they were hoping to hire at the end of Oct.

Forum Member

Thanks for the info bowmanoski.. How you'd think u did on 8/1 ?

Forum Member

Yea i have a source as well, from what he told me which could have changed is that calls go out about 3 weeks to a month after. Which makes sense if they will hire by Oct.

Forum Member

@firemedic0801 After talking to my medic instructor and a few people I know that have 20+ yrs with various departments, they told me my answers were good but I wonder if I went into enough detail or worded the way they want. It was my first audio interview and I was nervous so I hope I didn't talk to fast and i sounded educated and didn't mumble my way through it. I'm confident in my answers but nervous also. Would just like to know either way.

Forum Member

@bowmanoski, that's cool man... Same here I answered my question as through as I could be but I was also extremely nervous for some reason. Last interview I took was 7 yrs ago and it was with a panel.. The most intriguing part was at the end of my interview the proctor asked me do I work at fire dept ? I told him yes and his answer was hmm I can tell ... My confidence was already shot n once he said that I was done.. I asked what he meant by that. And his answer was I can't tell you, because I don't grade the interviews (smirking)... I'm ready for this wait to be over with lol ....

Forum Member

well if they plan on hiring at the end of October they need to speed through this. I also have orientation with the beach next week, the city of Miami hiring between 75-100 this upcoming fiscal year, and I'm still on the list with Miami Dade so hopefully this will be a good year for alot of people.

Forum Member

Yea man ... Well good luck man. I'm sure once they contact everybody that they want the process is going move relatively quick. I've asked before but do you know how will we notified if we're moving and not ? Email ? Call ? Mail?

Forum Member

I'm not sure

Forum Member

If you have not been selected you will receive a "thanks but no thanks" county email. If you have been selected to move on you will get a call directly from HR asking if you are still interested in moving on, an estimated start date, if you have any updated work history etc. They will verify your preferred email address to send you background paper work and release of info a couple days later.

Forum Member

O ok cool. I was just reading on pbcfr talk .. That interviews have already be graded and scored. According to this person, the county is having trouble selecting candidates because the 1st 320 interviewed horribly. I hope this isn't true.

Forum Member

how many interviews were there?

Forum Member

320 were scheduled only 255 showed up.

Forum Member

I thought it was only 320

Forum Member

Hrmm sucks that people did poorly on the interviews, the questions asked are a horrible way to judge hiring someone...i don't see how it reflects on someones abilities in any shape or form. just an opinion of course

Forum Member

I agree. The interview was just ackward. But let's see wassup. I don't know how these ppl are getting this info tho so... I'll take it for what it is...

Forum Member

If only 255 people showed up that's pretty good odds for everyone else. I was originally told that they wanted to interview 200 in the morning and 200 in the afternoon. But everyone hears different things from different people

Forum Member

More more he say she say... I'm hearing more information as to what they were looking for in the interviews. Allegedly, the bending the rules question many answered yes and gave their example. Supposedofly, they wanted to hear the "NO i don't bend the rules" answer and whatever your reasoning was. As far the fire question, they wanted people establish command and perform VES. Allegedly the county is aware a lot of depts don't use vent enter and search tactics so they were lenient grading this question but were VERY STRICT on the bending the rules question. All this information was passed on to me and I just wanted to share with you guys.By no means should this be taken with 100% certainty.

Forum Member

I heard something very similar from a firefighter that works at PBCFD

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 First ... 23456 Last

Thread Information