Like Tree435Likes

Thread: Hey LA! This one's for you!

  1. #326
    Forum Member
    FWDbuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Pee-Ayy!
    Posts
    7,434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rialaigh View Post
    You know, I hadn't logged onto this site in a month at least
    Thats probably a good thing, you would have too much sand in your vagina otherwise....

    ffs every person that posts regularly in these threads is an immature child and no doubt your commanding officers (if they have any sense) would be ashamed of every single one of you if they saw all the crap you guys are posting and in what context it is posted...
    My bosses stand over my shoulder and watch his posts in disbelief and encourage me to call him out onto the carpet.

    please dont hit me with your purse. Have a pleasant day!!!
    FireMedic049, Chenzo and RyanK63 like this.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

  2. #327
    Forum Member
    Chenzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Rural WI
    Posts
    1,253

    Default

    I don't know why anyone calls us rude or jackasses or ignorant... Including this post, that makes 5 posts in a row that end with a send-off to the effect of "have a nice day." I just don't get it.

    Have a delightful day.
    conrad427 likes this.
    "A fire department that writes off civilians faster than an express line of 6 reasons or less is not progressive, it's dangerous, because it's run by fear. Fear does not save lives, it endangers them." -- Lt. Ray McCormack FDNY

    "Because if you don't think you're good, nobody else will." -- DC Tom Laun (ret) Syracuse

  3. #328
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bossier Parrish, Louisiana
    Posts
    10,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    I teach them to be realistic about their abilities and realistic in evaluating the situation. I teach them that there are times that we can't change the outcome and trying will just result in firefighter injuries and possibly death. And I teach them it is perfectly OK to not intervene in those situations. If you want to call that writing off victims, fine. I call it conducting a realistic risk/benefit analysis and understanding that it is perfectly acceptable to say no and accept that the victim are likely already dead, or simply no longer viable.

    AND this could all be very viable IF you hadn't stated that certain types of building construction, and NO you weren't talking about abandoned or vacant structures, would preclude you from making entry. Not the size or location of the fire, but the mere construction type would preclude you from making an entry.
    Yes.

    I I know that a lightweight truss building has been burning for 10 minutes when I arrive, there is no way that anyone under my command will make entry. Period. The clock has already started ticking towards inevitable collapse, which will based on history come with little or no warning.

    Could I send a crew in to see if it has progressed to the overhead space? Possibly. But now they are inside and have no idea when the structure will come down, but it will come down. History tells us that loud and clear.

    The owners decided to build a disposable structure. It's not the obligation of my members to save property that the owners built to burn, and collapse without warning.

    That's called recognizing the risk and responding to it.

    30 year old mobile home with fire extending out of one room down the hallway. Again, no point sending a crew in as the building is built to burn, and burn hot and fast.

    That's called recognizing a significant risk and responding to it.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

  4. #329
    Forum Member
    snowball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Just North of South Central
    Posts
    2,740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chenzo View Post
    Resign. Now. You're crippling the membership of your department who want to do what they signed up for, you're crippling any ability you have to gain membership by being a coward, and your jeopardizing the safety of your community.

    It's time to hang up your clean shiny helmet and your boots, because you are bringing NOTHING safe or progressive to the fire service.
    Turn the gear back in so you don't have anything to show your two friends when they come over for the weekly Hello Kitty appreciation and dress up party.
    FyredUp, FWDbuff and Chenzo like this.
    IAFF

  5. #330
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    Yes.

    I I know that a lightweight truss building has been burning for 10 minutes when I arrive, there is no way that anyone under my command will make entry. Period. The clock has already started ticking towards inevitable collapse, which will based on history come with little or no warning.

    Could I send a crew in to see if it has progressed to the overhead space? Possibly. But now they are inside and have no idea when the structure will come down, but it will come down. History tells us that loud and clear.

    The owners decided to build a disposable structure. It's not the obligation of my members to save property that the owners built to burn, and collapse without warning.

    That's called recognizing the risk and responding to it.

    30 year old mobile home with fire extending out of one room down the hallway. Again, no point sending a crew in as the building is built to burn, and burn hot and fast.

    That's called recognizing a significant risk and responding to it.
    Lightweight truss lightweight truss -ooooowww -agreed its a different animal than a stick built , but your generalizing really shows your lack of real world knowledge. Almost every time you post you are a poster boy for "surface knowledge" There are a he11 of a lot more factors that influence roof collaspe than just the fact that it is a truss. Oh yeah -'have a nice day"
    Chenzo likes this.
    ?

  6. #331
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,097

    Default

    had a 30 year old mobile home just as described last week, went in 4 feet turned left, blasted with an 1-3/4 as we opened the back door, second team searcned right, hose team eased down the hall,stopped at the bedroom on their left, quick search there. worked the line and finished darkening it down. Pulled the second line in the back door and overhauled. 3 rooms had very salvagble items removed. Did I feel like that was extra risky ------------no -not at all. full ppe, sounding the floor etc. I just do not understand you. And proably more rural than your area.
    Last edited by slackjawedyokel; 05-14-2013 at 10:59 PM.
    Chenzo likes this.
    ?

  7. #332
    Forum Member
    DeputyChiefGonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Somewhere between genius and insanity!
    Posts
    13,586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rialaigh View Post
    You know, I hadn't logged onto this site in a month at least, I find it a waste of time. I was hoping to come back and read an educational forum post or two but I have come to the conclusion that not only are every single one of you wasting your time, but you are also all a bunch of jackasses, I mean seriously. Do all of you have dozens of hours to sit around and antagonize someone else on the internet intentionally then pick apart every word they post using dictionary definitions just for the sake of arguing.

    ffs every person that posts regularly in these threads is an immature child and no doubt your commanding officers (if they have any sense) would be ashamed of every single one of you if they saw all the crap you guys are posting and in what context it is posted...
    Don't let the virtual firehouse door hit you where the good Lord split you!
    FyredUp, FireMedic049 and Chenzo like this.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

  8. #333
    Forum Member
    conrad427's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Just south of Canada
    Posts
    582

    Default

    So.... If the horrible homeowners build a house built to burn or live in a mobile home based on their income level, they deserve to burn up because they made the decision to build a flammable dwelling? Geeez, what about a family trapped in a house made of cinder blocks, they would be eligible for rescue? Or a Sunday school class in a heavy timber church? What about a lightweight church, would they be out of luck in Louisiana? If I were a homeowner who could only afford to build my house out of straw I would not want to hear excuses or be told that I should have built a different house.

  9. #334
    Forum Member
    DeputyChiefGonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Somewhere between genius and insanity!
    Posts
    13,586

    Default

    How in the heck did I miss this little gem the first time around?

    Originally Posted by LaFireEducator
    I view my role as basically managing the members according to policy as developed by the Chiefs and the captain.

    Unless the firefighters do something you don't like. You know, like be firefighters and go interior and extinguish the fire. Then you will admonish them for being unsafe because one of your 5 paid guys who got their quality training elswhere, you know, the REAL firefighters, was there to say it was okay.

    On the fireground I see myself as a small group leader, fulfilling a command role when needed but that should not be my primary function.

    The only part of this post that is correct is where you say fulfilling a command role should not be your primary function...further it shouldn't be your secondary function either. Go back to being a pub ed guru and yell at the kids for not stopping, dropping and rolling, properly.

    I am not a leader. And I will never be a leader. And frankly have no real desire to be a leader. Not my style.

    No, your desire is to be the new wave messiah of the uber safety culture that is okay with writing people and property off and making that the new norm for the fire service. You don't have time to train enough to be a true leader, being a poison takes all your energy.

    I have been tasked with managing public education and assisting with the planning, development and delivery of training, again, primarily in management vs. leadership role.

    Then stay at that and leave the firefighting for those who are courageous enoughto do it. As you have said in describing yourself you are not courageous..
    .

    Man, can you breath with your foot that far down your own throat?
    I was thinking how he could he possibly breathe with his head that far up in his alimentary canal....
    FyredUp and Chenzo like this.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

  10. #335
    Forum Member
    RyanK63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fleetville, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rialaigh View Post
    You know, I hadn't logged onto this site in a month at least, I find it a waste of time. I was hoping to come back and read an educational forum post or two but I have come to the conclusion that not only are every single one of you wasting your time, but you are also all a bunch of jackasses, I mean seriously. Do all of you have dozens of hours to sit around and antagonize someone else on the internet intentionally then pick apart every word they post using dictionary definitions just for the sake of arguing.

    ffs every person that posts regularly in these threads is an immature child and no doubt your commanding officers (if they have any sense) would be ashamed of every single one of you if they saw all the crap you guys are posting and in what context it is posted...


    No one forced you to sign on and read this. There are plenty of other topics on here for you to read and gain some knowledge. We ALL as firefighters have a right to stand a stand on a feeling we have and stand up for what the fire service stands for. If you don't like it, congrats on being a jackass, just like LA. By all means feel free to disappear for another few months, don't let the door hit you in the *** on the way out, and have a nice day.
    "If it was easy, someone else would of done it already." - Lt. Ray McCormack FDNY

    - Firefighter 1 / HAZMAT Ops / EMT-B

  11. #336
    Forum Member
    snowball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Just North of South Central
    Posts
    2,740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rialaigh View Post
    You know, I hadn't logged onto this site in a month at least, I find it a waste of time. I was hoping to come back and read an educational forum post or two but I have come to the conclusion that not only are every single one of you wasting your time, but you are also all a bunch of jackasses, I mean seriously. Do all of you have dozens of hours to sit around and antagonize someone else on the internet intentionally then pick apart every word they post using dictionary definitions just for the sake of arguing.

    ffs every person that posts regularly in these threads is an immature child and no doubt your commanding officers (if they have any sense) would be ashamed of every single one of you if they saw all the crap you guys are posting and in what context it is posted...
    I, for one applaud you sir. I don't know about the rest of these guys here, can't speak for them. However, I take great pride in my finely honed skills of jackassery. I work really hard to be able to accumulate the dozens, three to be exact, of hours per day to log on here and practice my craft. I have also asked my family to suspend my birthdays for the last ten years so I can remain as immature as I was ten years ago, which would put me at the maturity level of someone twenty years younger, so I shouldv'e asked five years later, then I would have achieved my ten year goal.
    Yo Dawg, thank you for logging on and posting your critical comments about us posting critical comments, I take it as contradictory complementary.
    IAFF

  12. #337
    Forum Member
    FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee
    Posts
    10,304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    I I know that a lightweight truss building has been burning for 10 minutes when I arrive, there is no way that anyone under my command will make entry. Period. The clock has already started ticking towards inevitable collapse, which will based on history come with little or no warning.

    WHERE IS THE FIRE? If it is still contained to the compartment (That would be the room for you LA) a fire in a truss building is no different than a fire in an older stick built, rafter roof structure. So once again your idiotic rambling generalizations make you look ignorant and foolish.

    If the fire is in the attic space then time may be of the essence. We can buy time by opening the gable end and applying water into the attic space to knock down the fire. We don't have to wring our hands, stand in the yard, and burn the building down...at least not without an aggressive attempt to save the building.

    Either way, if there are victims in there we need to make a reasonable attempt to rescue them. I know that goes completely against your grain and I will not apologize for doing my job.



    Could I send a crew in to see if it has progressed to the overhead space? Possibly. But now they are inside and have no idea when the structure will come down, but it will come down. History tells us that loud and clear.

    Geezus Bobby, send them 5 feet inside the door and have them pull ceiling and take a peek.

    The owners decided to build a disposable structure. It's not the obligation of my members to save property that the owners built to burn, and collapse without warning.

    It is YOUR JOB to know the difference between fire progressing enough to endanger a buildings structural ability and one that still alows a safe fire attack. People like you that hide your basic fireground skill ignorance behind bold, uber safety, chicken little, the sky is falling blather are nothing but a poison that destroys TRUE fireground skill and judgement of others and replaces it with generalizations and panic.

    That's called recognizing the risk and responding to it.

    We ALL do risk versus hazard evaluation of every incident. The difference is we don't choose to make every incident one too dangerous to go interior on. We prefer to look at how many we can enter, as safely as we can, and have a more positive impact than leaving nothing more than a pile of ashes to load into a dumpster.

    30 year old mobile home with fire extending out of one room down the hallway. Again, no point sending a crew in as the building is built to burn, and burn hot and fast.

    Funny thing is every August I help instruct at a regional fire school where we connect 2 or three mobile homes together and burn all day in them. We get anwhere from 30 to 50 burns out of these trailers. Believe me these fire are not campfires either, they are fight your way down the hall into the great room or the bedrooms. How do we do it? AGGRESSIVE INTERIOR FIRE ATTACK. That's how. I guarantee you many of our fires rival the involvement you see upon arrival.

    That's called recognizing a significant risk and responding to it.

    Your version of it. Which clearly is no one else's here.
    More blather from you.
    Last edited by FyredUp; 05-15-2013 at 01:29 AM.
    Chenzo and conrad427 like this.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

  13. #338
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    Hahahhaaaaa .. was referring to my rank at my VFD.

    So much for sucking tax dollars.
    Hahahhaaaaa .. I was referring to your position at your combo department. It could go away tomorrow and no one that mattered (the citizen that calls 911) would never notice.

    Thanks for allowing me to clarify.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  14. #339
    Forum Member
    DeputyChiefGonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Somewhere between genius and insanity!
    Posts
    13,586

    Default

    Posted by LA...
    The owners decided to build a disposable structure. It's not the obligation of my members to save property that the owners built to burn, and collapse without warning.
    A developer builds a series of homes using wood truss construction.
    The homes are completed and sold.
    Residents move in and pay their taxes for the communities services.

    One of the homes catch fire for some reason.

    Are you going to pull up and tell these people that you are not going to attempt to save their home because the developer built a "disposable building"?
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

  15. #340
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bossier Parrish, Louisiana
    Posts
    10,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeputyChiefGonzo View Post
    Posted by LA...


    A developer builds a series of homes using wood truss construction.
    The homes are completed and sold.
    Residents move in and pay their taxes for the communities services.

    One of the homes catch fire for some reason.

    Are you going to pull up and tell these people that you are not going to attempt to save their home because the developer built a "disposable building"?
    We have the right to do what need to to do to protect our members from injury and death.

    It's certainly not the homeowner's "fault" that they purchased lightweight truss homes, but we certainly have the right to choose not to operate in them due to the risk that they pose.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

  16. #341
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bossier Parrish, Louisiana
    Posts
    10,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slackjawedyokel View Post
    had a 30 year old mobile home just as described last week, went in 4 feet turned left, blasted with an 1-3/4 as we opened the back door, second team searcned right, hose team eased down the hall,stopped at the bedroom on their left, quick search there. worked the line and finished darkening it down. Pulled the second line in the back door and overhauled. 3 rooms had very salvagble items removed. Did I feel like that was extra risky ------------no -not at all. full ppe, sounding the floor etc. I just do not understand you. And proably more rural than your area.
    Great ... I'm happy for you.

    Given the staffing I would have on a typical fire without any other officers, that would be a very simple no-go call.

    Why .... Doubtful that I would have a backup crew and there is no way that I'm going to make entry on a older mobile home fire without a backup crew at least on scene pulling lines. Call me a Sally, Sissie, etc etc but my folks are too important to put them in that position.

    Experience level just isn't there for me to operate interior without a backup line being in place or very close to being in place.
    Last edited by LaFireEducator; 05-15-2013 at 09:21 AM.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

  17. #342
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bossier Parrish, Louisiana
    Posts
    10,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Hahahhaaaaa .. I was referring to your position at your combo department. It could go away tomorrow and no one that mattered (the citizen that calls 911) would never notice.

    Thanks for allowing me to clarify.
    Probably not as my primary role is not response.

    That changes when we are short a man due to class, out of district assignment or he is simply unavailable to respond for some other operational reason, or the crew is already out on a run and a second call comes in, but most of the time ... you are right.

    That's not the case with the schools, senior centers and other places where I deliver pubed, but hey, we all know that you think that's a crock of excrement anyway.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

  18. #343
    Truckie
    SPFDRum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 1999
    Location
    St Paul, MN
    Posts
    2,516

    Default

    Let's be honest LA, with all the excuses you invent, this is really all you need to ever post in a thread of firefighters firefighting: "Experience level just isn't there for me to operate..."
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

  19. #344
    Forum Member
    conrad427's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Just south of Canada
    Posts
    582

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SPFDRum View Post
    Let's be honest LA, with all the excuses you invent, this is really all you need to ever post in a thread of firefighters firefighting: "Experience level just isn't there for me to operate..."
    He wont let them inside without experience, and wont let them inside to get experience. His dept is at the level it is always going to be at.
    FyredUp likes this.

  20. #345
    Forum Member
    conrad427's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Just south of Canada
    Posts
    582

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    We have the right to do what need to to do to protect our members from injury and death.

    It's certainly not the homeowner's "fault" that they purchased lightweight truss homes, but we certainly have the right to choose not to operate in them due to the risk that they pose.
    Kind of like calling 911 because your amazon wife is beating you to death. The cops get there and tell you it is just too risky because your wife is just too damn mean. So the wife beats you to death

    Actually I might want to buy it that way, at the hands of an Amazon woman.
    slackjawedyokel and Chenzo like this.

  21. #346
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    Probably not as my primary role is not response.
    It isn't your secondary or tertiary role either. In any of your so-called departments. You've made that very clear if your writings are indicative of your actions.

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    That changes when we are short a man due to class, out of district assignment or he is simply unavailable to respond for some other operational reason, or the crew is already out on a run and a second call comes in, but most of the time ... you are right.
    I pity those unlucky souls.

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    That's not the case with the schools, senior centers and other places where I deliver pubed, but hey, we all know that you think that's a crock of excrement anyway.
    Pretty much. None of the folks at those places ever called 911 wanting a Pub Ed response.

    Face it, you lucked into some make-work job that sucks dollars off the taxpayer and the only alternative would have been bagging groceries at Krogers or Super 1 foods. Your only travel is when you get lucky enough to have your boss send you to a phoney baloney (for you) class that enables you to go places at someone else's expense since you lacked the ability to ever do anything worthwhile. Hence the reason you could never give up your role with the VFD. It is one of the few aspects of your pathetic little existence that provides a smidgeon of meaning to your otherwise miserable life.
    Last edited by scfire86; 05-15-2013 at 02:21 PM.
    FyredUp and Chenzo like this.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  22. #347
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Lusby, MD
    Posts
    1,035

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by conrad427 View Post
    Actually I might want to buy it that way, at the hands of an Amazon woman.
    TMI Conrad....just TMI

  23. #348
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bossier Parrish, Louisiana
    Posts
    10,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by conrad427 View Post
    Kind of like calling 911 because your amazon wife is beating you to death. The cops get there and tell you it is just too risky because your wife is just too damn mean. So the wife beats you to death

    Actually I might want to buy it that way, at the hands of an Amazon woman.
    Nope .. Not an apt comparison.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

  24. #349
    Forum Member
    Chenzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Rural WI
    Posts
    1,253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    Nope .. Not an apt comparison.

    Seems like a pretty decent comparison to me.

    Husband calls 911 for HELP because his Hulk of a wife is beating the hell out of him

    Homeowner calls 911 for HELP because his house is on fire, and grandma is trapped and can't self extricate.

    Police show up, decide that because she's a horse of a woman, that it's too dangerous for them to intervene.

    Fire department shows up and because there's smoke and flame showing, decide it's too dangerous for them to intervene.

    Police have batons, OC spray, tasers, and guns to assist in mitigating an emergency if yelling STOP doesn't work.

    Fire has trucks, and pumps, and hose, and waters, and hand tools to assist in mitigating an emergency if yelling STOP BURNING doesn't work.

    Seems like a pretty fair comparison to me. Both presented with a problem, both have tools and training to mitigate the problem.
    "A fire department that writes off civilians faster than an express line of 6 reasons or less is not progressive, it's dangerous, because it's run by fear. Fear does not save lives, it endangers them." -- Lt. Ray McCormack FDNY

    "Because if you don't think you're good, nobody else will." -- DC Tom Laun (ret) Syracuse

  25. #350
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bossier Parrish, Louisiana
    Posts
    10,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chenzo View Post
    Seems like a pretty decent comparison to me.

    Husband calls 911 for HELP because his Hulk of a wife is beating the hell out of him

    Homeowner calls 911 for HELP because his house is on fire, and grandma is trapped and can't self extricate.

    Police show up, decide that because she's a horse of a woman, that it's too dangerous for them to intervene.

    Fire department shows up and because there's smoke and flame showing, decide it's too dangerous for them to intervene.

    Police have batons, OC spray, tasers, and guns to assist in mitigating an emergency if yelling STOP doesn't work.

    Fire has trucks, and pumps, and hose, and waters, and hand tools to assist in mitigating an emergency if yelling STOP BURNING doesn't work.

    Seems like a pretty fair comparison to me. Both presented with a problem, both have tools and training to mitigate the problem.
    On the surface, yes, it may seem like an apt comparison.

    However, the problems and issues faced by a structure fire are much more complex than that of a domestic response by the police.

    The first issue is manpower. 2 LE officer,s equipped with a taser, can safely handle most folks involved in a domestic incident. On some occasions a third may be helpful, but for just about any incident, that would be all the manpower required. There is a single operation .. Control and arrest the aggressor.

    As compared to a fire response where there are multiple issues including such as structural stability and fire spread as well as multiple operations to be performed including fire attack, water supply, ventilation, search utility management/control and potential rescue, rapid intervention and yes command and safety functions.

    To compare a domestic scene with basically a single function which can be handled by 2 to 3 patrol officers vs. a fire scene, with multiple functions, which NFPA recommends at least 16 members is simply ...... not apt.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. e-one's essay contest
    By fireflymedic in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-09-2009, 03:50 PM
  2. E-One's new chassis!
    By micke7 in forum Apparatus Innovation
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 05-01-2007, 11:07 AM
  3. This one's for you, Bou!!!
    By Adze39 in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-08-2004, 07:35 AM
  4. Really Big Brass One's!!!!
    By Jim917 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-17-2003, 05:52 PM
  5. y no one's been to my site?
    By TFD-JC06 in forum Meet and Greet
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-27-2002, 12:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register