Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast
Like Tree435Likes

Thread: Hey LA! This one's for you!

Originally Posted by LaFireEducator
    Problem is they still have to know the FFI stuff for testing purposes, so now that instructor must discuss the FFI stuff PLUS your department-specific stuff which equals more time in class.

Again ... FFI not time-efficant for rookie training.
    YOU'RE KILLING ME, BOBBY...

FF1-2 is the culmination of the career recruit, ie., probie/rookie/FNG training at the Massachhusetts Fire Academy as well as the Academy's Call/Volunteer program.

PS; the word is efficient, not efficant; and you call yourself an "educator"...
    Chenzo likes this.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyChiefGonzo View Post

FF1-2 is the culmination of the career recruit, ie., probie/rookie/FNG training at the Massachhusetts Fire Academy as well as the Academy's Call/Volunteer program.

As I have stated numerous times, FF1 has become the minimum training requirement in MOST volly/POC FDs in my area. FF2 is becoming the minimum in several now. Add to that, Driver/Operator and Officer 1 if you are seeking promotion in many departments.

Chief, I have asked Bobby numerous times what college he went to and he refuses to say. I think he may be embarassed.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post

Chief, I have asked Bobby numerous times what college he went to and he refuses to say. I think he may be embarassed.
    Hamburger University

http://tinyurl.com/LAFEcollege
    RyanK63 likes this.
    "A fire department that writes off civilians faster than an express line of 6 reasons or less is not progressive, it's dangerous, because it's run by fear. Fear does not save lives, it endangers them." -- Lt. Ray McCormack FDNY

"Because if you don't think you're good, nobody else will." -- DC Tom Laun (ret) Syracuse

Forum Member

As I have stated numerous times, FF1 has become the minimum training requirement in MOST volly/POC FDs in my area. FF2 is becoming the minimum in several now. Add to that, Driver/Operator and Officer 1 if you are seeking promotion in many departments.

Not the case here. i don't know of a VFD or combination department in this part of the state that requires FFI for it's volunteer members.

Again, where there is a need for the material and the depth of the class, I'll support it, but there simply is no such need in either on of my departments.

I attended a small state run college in northeastern Vermont. I'm not embarassed, but I'm not going to give you the answer either. if you'tre really that interested, find the answer. I'll tell you if you're right.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chenzo View Post
    Hamburger University

http://tinyurl.com/LAFEcollege
    Actually I did attend hamburger university, when I was working as a manager for McDonalds. Very cool place.

There could be a lot of valauble lessons for the fire service there.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyChiefGonzo View Post

That's great.

My volunteers at my VFD don't need FFI and FFII at the rookie level. Hell, they don't even need FFI.

Locally developed training does just fine at the rookie level.

When you feel that you can prove otherwise, we'll have a discussion.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    That is funny. Especially considering that you have no intention of ever putting it to use.
    Actually my volunteer parish is looking to put together a Fire Investigation Task Force.

Haha ... Guess you're wrong again.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    Actually my volunteer parish is looking to put together a Fire Investigation Task Force.

Let me guess -the task force will be headed by joebeaux whos cuzzin is head of the police jury, cause he couldnt keep his job at the ezmart.
    Chenzo and RyanK63 like this.
    ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by slackjawedyokel View Post
    Let me guess -the task force will be headed by joebeaux whos cuzzin is head of the police jury, cause he couldnt keep his job at the ezmart.
    Nope. It will be on a volunteer basis composed of firefighters in the parish who have been certified at the Fire Investigator level.

Nope. It will be on a volunteer basis composed of firefighters in the parish who have been certified at the Fire Investigator level.
    So... let me get this straight...

You can't train enough guys, or get enough guys to show up to make an interior attack, but you have enough guys trained to the Fire Investigator level to justify a task force dedicated to it?

You're ****ing kidding me right? When the whole house is destroyed, laying in ashes in the basement, what exactly are you going to investigate?
    rm1524 and RyanK63 like this.
    "A fire department that writes off civilians faster than an express line of 6 reasons or less is not progressive, it's dangerous, because it's run by fear. Fear does not save lives, it endangers them." -- Lt. Ray McCormack FDNY

"Because if you don't think you're good, nobody else will." -- DC Tom Laun (ret) Syracuse

That's great.

My volunteers at my VFD don't need FFI and FFII at the rookie level. Hell, they don't even need FFI.

Locally developed training does just fine at the rookie level.

I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

You can't train enough guys, or get enough guys to show up to make an interior attack, but you have enough guys trained to the Fire Investigator level to justify a task force dedicated to it?

You're ****ing kidding me right? When the whole house is destroyed, laying in ashes in the basement, what exactly are you going to investigate?
    He loves looking at ash holes.
    Chenzo and RyanK63 like this.
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Prove to me that your locally developed in house training does just fine, and then we'll have the discussion as to why you're still wrong.
    FireMedic049 and RyanK63 like this.

MembersZone Subscriber

They don't have time to get FF 1 and 2, but will get Fire Investigator? I'm pretty sure in Missouri you have to have 1 and 2 as well as some other classes before you can even take an investigator class.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHA!!

NO WAIT! Seriously, you can't find enough hours for guys wih lives outside the firehouse, you know jobs, family, hunting, drinking, sports, whatever, to attend enough training to become proficient firefighters but they can find the time to become fire investigators? OH MY GOD!! That is F***ING Hysterical!! They can't find the time to learn how to fight fire, but they can fnd the time to learn how to sift through the ashes of yet another burned downed home to find the cause of the fire... There is no way you actually think about what you write here or reread it before you post it. Frankly, this makes you look like the biggest buffoon on the face of the planet.

But anyways, thanks for the great laugh.
    Maybe it's not too late

I doubt you thought about this before you wrote it. I won't pile on with the obvious flaws in this statement of your joke FD.
    Chenzo likes this.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Forum Member

Nope .. One or two guys per department in the parish that either already have Fire Investigator or have the prereqs to take it and test.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by rm1524 View Post
    They don't have time to get FF 1 and 2, but will get Fire Investigator? I'm pretty sure in Missouri you have to have 1 and 2 as well as some other classes before you can even take an investigator class.
    Most departments already have at least one member with FI, and have another that have the required prereq certifications.

Forum Member

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHA!!

NO WAIT! Seriously, you can't find enough hours for guys wih lives outside the firehouse, you know jobs, family, hunting, drinking, sports, whatever, to attend enough training to become proficient firefighters but they can find the time to become fire investigators? OH MY GOD!! That is F***ING Hysterical!! They can't find the time to learn how to fight fire, but they can fnd the time to learn how to sift through the ashes of yet another burned downed home to find the cause of the fire... There is no way you actually think about what you write here or reread it before you post it. Frankly, this makes you look like the biggest buffoon on the face of the planet.

But anyways, thanks for the great laugh.
    My captain already has Fire Investigator. I have a boat load of certifications. The Chief and Deputy Chief also have the preqs if they wanted to take it.

Most departments in the parish already have 1 member that has it.

My captain already has Fire Investigator. I have a boat load of certifications. The Chief and Deputy Chief also have the preqs if they wanted to take it.

Most departments in the parish already have 1 member that has it.
    So, your manpower strapped, and poorly trained, Parrish volunteer FDs have more than enough trained people to staff a Fire Investigation Task Force? Yet they can't muster enough volunteers, with enough training and experience, to actually fight fires? I find that absolutely fascinating.

Frankly, to me it is absolutely idiotic, and counterproductive, to even ponder creating an advance skills task force when you constantly **** and moan about the lack of basic trained interior capable firefighters.
    Chenzo likes this.
    Maybe it's not too late

Thread Information