+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 32 First ... 4567891017 ... Last
Like Tree435Likes

Thread: Hey LA! This one's for you!

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

This begs the question...

If LA won't go into buildings on fire because of structural stability issues...How will he investigate fires in buildings damaged by fire and further weakened? Will Bossier Parrish be the first fire investigation task force to search for evidence via binoculars? Satelite photos perhaps? Arson sniffing dogs? Robots? Because it seems to me you HAVE to enter the fire damaged structure to look for fire cause and origin.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post

If LA won't go into buildings on fire because of structural stability issues...How will he investigate fires in buildings damaged by fire and further weakened? Will Bossier Parrish be the first fire investigation task force to search for evidence via binoculars? Satelite photos perhaps? Arson sniffing dogs? Robots? Because it seems to me you HAVE to enter the fire damaged structure to look for fire cause and origin.
    Again .. Not Bossier.

As far as the other crap .... Not even worth discussing.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by slackjawedyokel View Post
    Your task force reminds me of the guy that wants brand new tools on the job , yet cant read a tape or drive a nail. You master the basics and then move on to the "advanced" stuff.
    But again , I guess this is one more reason for these guys to continue to call themselves firefighters.
    Really?

Surprise, Surprise. Every guy that would be on the task force has a several of your ever so precious certifications.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    Really?

Surprise, Surprise. Every guy that would be on the task force has a several of your ever so precious certifications.
    Yet you cry, and cry, and cry, about a lack of qualified, trained, and experienced firefighters to do interior firefighting.

You can't even keep track of your own lies.
    DeputyChiefGonzo and RyanK63 like this.
    Maybe it's not too late

Forum Member

This will be a cause and origin task force.
    Dude, you're gonna have the easiest "Fire Investigation Task Force" ever.

Cause: Unknown, no salvageable items remaining post-fire.

Origin: Unknown. It appears as though it started somewhere in the house but seeing as the only remaining portion of the building is the basement it is unknown as to where the fire started.

You're a joke, LA. Plain and simple. You're a joke, a disgrace to firefighters everywhere, and a poison to the fire service.
    rm1524 and RyanK63 like this.
    "A fire department that writes off civilians faster than an express line of 6 reasons or less is not progressive, it's dangerous, because it's run by fear. Fear does not save lives, it endangers them." -- Lt. Ray McCormack FDNY

"Because if you don't think you're good, nobody else will." -- DC Tom Laun (ret) Syracuse

MembersZone Subscriber

What a ****ing idiot. Like a used car salesman.......if his mouth is open there's a good chance he's lying.
    Chenzo and RyanK63 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by rm1524 View Post
    What a ****ing idiot. Like a used car salesman.......if his mouth is open there's a good chance he's lying.
    Like a fire chief that I know.

Forum Member

Originally Posted by DeputyChiefGonzo
    1. I am not a yahoo.
    2. While you may find it "amusing", we find you perpetually annoying.
    Originally posted by LA
    1. Disagree
    2. You have no idea how that makes my day.
    I'd rather take 6 yahoos like Gonzo with a 1950 500 gpm front mount pumper than an entirely staffed FD of LAs with modern equipment. WHY? Because odds are we will save the building while you will save the remains for your Fire Investigation task for to sift through.

I don't doubt it makes your day since you are a pathological narcissistic personality. It doesn't matter to you and your warped sense of right and wrong whether the attention is good or bad, you just want someone, anyone, to pay attention to you. I bet your mom had to paint you with gravy to get you dog to spend time with you.
    Maybe it's not too late

Forum Member

Nailed It! Gotta let the whole thing burn down so it is safe to investigate. No unsafe interior work to do!

Forum Member

No guns.
    Excellent. The citizens are safe.

This will be a cause and origin task force.
    So there's no work involved.

And again, this is in my volunteer parish, not my combo parish, in which the Sheriff would not allow any post-certified fire investigators anyway.
    Even the sheriff knows you're a joke and governs accordingly. Good for him.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Forum Member

1. Disagree
    2. You have no idea how that makes my day.
    1. Of course you do. You are so freaking obtuse, your picture is next to the definition of the word in Merriam Webster's Unabridged Dictionary.

2. Small things amuse small minds, as Stan Lee of Marvel Comics would say, "e'nuff said!"
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

I'd rather take 6 yahoos like Gonzo with a 1950 500 gpm front mount pumper than an entirely staffed FD of LAs with modern equipment. WHY? Because odds are we will save the building while you will save the remains for your Fire Investigation task for to sift through.
    Ditto, Brother, ditto.

There are guys I 'd accompany through the gates of hell with nothing but a garden hose; I wouldn't approach a campfire with LAFE even if he had the old FDNY SuperPumper system behind him!
    FyredUp, Chenzo and RyanK63 like this.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Yet you cry, and cry, and cry, about a lack of qualified, trained, and experienced firefighters to do interior firefighting.

You can't even keep track of your own lies.
    What am I lying about now?

Most of the departments in tmy volunteer parish does have 3-4 members with a FFI cert or greater, but the other members do not. There are a couple that may only have 1 member with FFI.

Most of them have those certs via full-time employment as firefighters elsewhere.

Those 3-4 per most departments would be candidates for the team if they wanted to take the class and certify. In fact, a few of them already have Fire Investigator certification.

My VFD has 4 officers, and currently 3 firefighters with FFI or greater. We have another 2 firefighters who are taking the LSU FETI on-line class and likely will be testing in the next few months.

With the exception of the officers, none of the other mentioned have any significant experience interior besides a few training burns and at most 1 actual fire w/ interior operations. So yes, we have probably more guys with FFI than any other VFD in the parish, but they lack experience and yes, I am very hesitant to send them interior without an officer being available because of that.

I don't cry. I understand that's the way it is and I accept it, and I understand that because of the experience issues, and response issues, we have minimal interior attack abilities and quite honestly, likely always will. That's not crying. That's knowing what we can and cannot do. That is simply the nature of the fire service in rural LA.

You are the one that seems to think that i should feel guilty about not being able to deliver YOUR IDEA of fire protection to the residents. Again, that's not my problem and I'm not going to lose sleep over it. they are perfectly aware that there are cost and consequences to living a rural environment, and marginal fire protection that may or may not be able to provide interior operations is one of those costs.

I have no idea what that our problem in being able to constantly operate interior has to do with being part of a parish-wide fire investigation team.
    Last edited by LaFireEducator; 05-11-2013 at 04:20 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Excellent. The citizens are safe.

Actually it's more than likely everybody that would be on the team already owns multiple weapons. Well, with the exception of me.

So there's no work involved.

Really, so C & A investigations don't involve any work?

Even the sheriff knows you're a joke and governs accordingly. Good for him.
    Note to YOU ,,,,, AGAIN ....The team would be in my volunteer parish.

There is no by either the fire departments or the prospective members of the team becoming post certified and having law enforcement powers. The time simply does not exist on a volunteer basis either for the training or the time involves with criminal arson investigations.

That is the role of the State Fire Marshal's Office and the Sheriff's Office.
    Last edited by LaFireEducator; 05-11-2013 at 04:14 PM.

Forum Member

I don't doubt it makes your day since you are a pathological narcissistic personality. It doesn't matter to you and your warped sense of right and wrong whether the attention is good or bad, you just want someone, anyone, to pay attention to you. I bet your mom had to paint you with gravy to get you dog to spend time with you.
    Warped sense of right and wrong?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyChiefGonzo View Post
    Ditto, Brother, ditto.

There are guys I 'd accompany through the gates of hell with nothing but a garden hose; I wouldn't approach a campfire with LAFE even if he had the old FDNY SuperPumper system behind him!
    Post deleted.
    Last edited by LaFireEducator; 05-11-2013 at 04:13 PM.

Forum Member

Post deleted.

Forum Member

Post deleted.
    Did your backbone fall out?
    RyanK63 likes this.
    "A fire department that writes off civilians faster than an express line of 6 reasons or less is not progressive, it's dangerous, because it's run by fear. Fear does not save lives, it endangers them." -- Lt. Ray McCormack FDNY

"Because if you don't think you're good, nobody else will." -- DC Tom Laun (ret) Syracuse

Forum Member

Post deleted.
    Feeling extra cowardly today?

EDIT:

I just realized something.... LA, you encompass all of the characters in the Wizard of Oz...

Dorothy: Just wants to go home...
    Tin man: Has no heart...
    Scarecrow: Has no brain...
    Lion: Has no courage....
    Last edited by Chenzo; 05-11-2013 at 05:38 PM.
    FyredUp and RyanK63 like this.

Forum Member

Post deleted.
    Come on Bobby...show some stones and post your reply to me.. I need a good laugh.
    FyredUp likes this.
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chenzo View Post
    Feeling extra cowardly today?

EDIT:

I just realized something.... LA, you encompass all of the characters in the Wizard of Oz...

Dorothy: Just wants to go home...
    Tin man: Has no heart...
    Scarecrow: Has no brain...
    Lion: Has no courage....
    "You could wail upon the siren, house just struck by lightnin'
    Stopping for the rain.
    And your head, would be itchin'
    while the fire consumes the kitchen,
    If you only had a brain."

"When the fire is a-blazin, I find it quite amazin',
    That LA's standing in the yard .
    Just because I'm presumin' that you're somewhat sub-human,
    If you only had heart."

"I'm afraid there's no denyin' you're just a dandelion,
    Out standing in the yard.
    I'd could brave a structure fire....
    The public would admire...
    If you only had the nerve"
    FyredUp and slackjawedyokel like this.

Forum Member

Note to YOU ,,,,, AGAIN ....The team would be in my volunteer parish.

There is no by either the fire departments or the prospective members of the team becoming post certified and having law enforcement powers. The time simply does not exist on a volunteer basis either for the training or the time involves with criminal arson investigations.

That is the role of the State Fire Marshal's Office and the Sheriff's Office.
    So what? They're still jokes if they are anything like you.

Who cares about the number of certs they've received. Training is useless when one has no intention of ever using it.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Forum Member

What am I lying about now?

Well, other than almost everything, nothing else.

Most of the departments in tmy volunteer parish does have 3-4 members with a FFI cert or greater, but the other members do not. There are a couple that may only have 1 member with FFI.

So once again, you find value in FF1 Certification, as long as someone else pays for it. But not enough value to make it an inhouse option at your volly FD.

Most of them have those certs via full-time employment as firefighters elsewhere..

So thanks to someone else paying for it your volly FD gets the benefit of it. Nice...real nice. Keep on keeping those vollies down because the last thing you want is them educated. It would make you seem less the expert you like to play that you are.

Those 3-4 per most departments would be candidates for the team if they wanted to take the class and certify. In fact, a few of them already have Fire Investigator certification.

Yepper...get them certified to investigate the fires you don't want them to fight. makes sense to you I suppose.

My VFD has 4 officers, and currently 3 firefighters with FFI or greater. We have another 2 firefighters who are taking the LSU FETI on-line class and likely will be testing in the next few months.

WOW! I am impressed...if you only saw value in it maybe more would be interested in becoming FF1.

With the exception of the officers, none of the other mentioned have any significant experience interior besides a few training burns and at most 1 actual fire w/ interior operations. So yes, we have probably more guys with FFI than any other VFD in the parish, but they lack experience and yes, I am very hesitant to send them interior without an officer being available because of that.

Let me ask you a question. You say you have these career guys that volly on your VFD, why can't they enter these structure fires with your less experienced guys and help them get experience? Because frankly, your way of keeping the rookies out NEVER gets them any experience. You see in order to get experience you actually have to do something besides stand out in the front yard.

I don't cry. I understand that's the way it is and I accept it, and I understand that because of the experience issues, and response issues, we have minimal interior attack abilities and quite honestly, likely always will. That's not crying. That's knowing what we can and cannot do. That is simply the nature of the fire service in rural LA.

No it's crying. Because one minute out of one side of yur mouth you don't have enough experienced interior firefighters and in the next minute out of the other side you are yapping about an advanced skills Fire Investigation Task Force with all of these FF1 trained firefighters. So if you have all of these FF1's let them do what they trained to do and fight fire. Stop crying about manpower shortages and start doing the job.

You are the one that seems to think that i should feel guilty about not being able to deliver YOUR IDEA of fire protection to the residents. Again, that's not my problem and I'm not going to lose sleep over it. they are perfectly aware that there are cost and consequences to living a rural environment, and marginal fire protection that may or may not be able to provide interior operations is one of those costs.

I wouldn't expect you to lose sleep over anything since you have repeated proven what a callous, cold blooded, heartless, son of a bitch you are. When you can say something as cold and calculating as I can write off victims and not lose one second of sleep over it you are beyond redemption.

I have no idea what that our problem in being able to constantly operate interior has to do with being part of a parish-wide fire investigation team.

Well ya see skippy, most people look at training people to put the fire out being a wee bit more important than sifting through the smoldering remains of yet another house you refused to go interior on looking for the cause. But hey, you have proven fire fighting convention and norms mean nothing to you.
    Just laughing at you once again...
    Last edited by FyredUp; 05-11-2013 at 06:51 PM.
    RyanK63 likes this.
    Maybe it's not too late

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chenzo View Post
    Did your backbone fall out?
    You have to have one for it to fall out.
    Maybe it's not too late

Forum Member

Warped sense of right and wrong?
    Yep. When you can write off victims, and "Lose no sleep over it," your sense of right and wrong is so totally F***ED up beyond all sense of what is right and wrong that yes, your view is warped.
    Chenzo likes this.
    Maybe it's not too late

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 32 First ... 4567891017 ... Last

Thread Information