Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast
Like Tree435Likes

Thread: Hey LA! This one's for you!

LA, I don't even know which of your moronic posts to quote, so I'm not even going to bother.

Please explain to me, how in the hell will you start a fire investigation task force, but not train members to FF1 or higher? Do you and your departments enjoy saving foundations? Do you figure since you and your crew aren't trained and refuse to go interior, that you can look important by attempting to investigate a cause? There might be something left to investigate if you grew a set and did some real work instead of standing around with your thumb up your ***. Will you please for the love of Saint Florian, quit the fire service. Right now, go hand in all your gear and never return to another fire house as long as you live. You would do the whole fire service a huge favor by doing that. You should not be able to infect the minds of anyone with your "we don't go interior" horse ****.

God damn I need a beer.
    DeputyChiefGonzo and Chenzo like this.
    "If it was easy, someone else would of done it already." - Lt. Ray McCormack FDNY

- Firefighter 1 / HAZMAT Ops / EMT-B

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    So, your manpower strapped, and poorly trained, Parrish volunteer FDs have more than enough trained people to staff a Fire Investigation Task Force? Yet they can't muster enough volunteers, with enough training and experience, to actually fight fires? I find that absolutely fascinating.

Frankly, to me it is absolutely idiotic, and counterproductive, to even ponder creating an advance skills task force when you constantly **** and moan about the lack of basic trained interior capable firefighters.
    So the concept of creating a task force to cover the one investigator per department when he/she may be unavailable or having the ability to have multiple investigators working with the same game plan on large fires fascinates you?

Yes, we have some members with advanced skills and experience, generally garnered from their full-time gigs as firefighters on career departments, and some of them have or could get FI. It's really not that tough to grasp.

So you are saying that the members with advanced training should not progress?
    Last edited by LaFireEducator; 05-11-2013 at 11:33 AM.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RyanK63 View Post
    LA, I don't even know which of your moronic posts to quote, so I'm not even going to bother.

Please explain to me, how in the hell will you start a fire investigation task force, but not train members to FF1 or higher? Do you and your departments enjoy saving foundations? Do you figure since you and your crew aren't trained and refuse to go interior, that you can look important by attempting to investigate a cause? There might be something left to investigate if you grew a set and did some real work instead of standing around with your thumb up your ***. Will you please for the love of Saint Florian, quit the fire service. Right now, go hand in all your gear and never return to another fire house as long as you live. You would do the whole fire service a huge favor by doing that. You should not be able to infect the minds of anyone with your "we don't go interior" horse ****.

God damn I need a beer.

I like it when all you yahoos go tell me quit the fire service when nobody who knows me beleives that.

Yes, it's amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    I like it when all you yahoos go tell me quit the fire service when nobody who knows me beleives that.

Yes, it's amusing.
    1. I am not a yahoo.
    2. While you may find it "amusing", we find you perpetually annoying.
    Chenzo, rm1524 and RyanK63 like this.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

So, your manpower strapped, and poorly trained, Parrish volunteer FDs have more than enough trained people to staff a Fire Investigation Task Force? Yet they can't muster enough volunteers, with enough training and experience, to actually fight fires? I find that absolutely fascinating.

Frankly, to me it is absolutely idiotic, and counterproductive, to even ponder creating an advance skills task force when you constantly **** and moan about the lack of basic trained interior capable firefighters.
    I thought about is overnight. This is being supported by someone in the joke FD who wants the glamor of being a firefighter and will now get to carry a gun. Plain and simple.

Barney Phife VFD, located in Bossier, LA.
    Chenzo likes this.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Forum Member

Yes, it's amusing.
    Are you sure they actually believe that or have they just not told you that they think you should quit?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    I thought about is overnight. This is being supported by someone in the joke FD who wants the glamor of being a firefighter and will now get to carry a gun. Plain and simple.

No guns.

This will be a cause and origin task force.

There are probably less than 20-30 FDs in LA that have post-certified investigators, and they are all in all-career departments to the best of my knowledge.

The vast majority of the departments, including most of the combo departments, and even some smaller career departments, utilize the State Fire Marshal's Office once they believe the fire may be arson.

Much like the Fire Inspectors, Investigators operate under the umbrella of the State Fire Marshal's Office, so it' s very arduous process to be certified through them and then meet their continuing education requirements.

By law, the state investigators need to be called to any fatal fire, multi-injury fire or large loss fires outside of an an incorporated city, so they will be coming anyway for any significant fire. This task force would be for the small stuff either to cover a department's investigator that may be unavailable or as an additional resource if he/she feels he needs another set of eyes.

And again, this is in my volunteer parish, not my combo parish, in which the Sheriff would not allow any post-certified fire investigators anyway.
    Last edited by LaFireEducator; 05-11-2013 at 11:45 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyChiefGonzo View Post
    1. I am not a yahoo.
    1. Disagree
    2. You have no idea how that makes my day.

Forum Member

Your task force reminds me of the guy that wants brand new tools on the job , yet cant read a tape or drive a nail. You master the basics and then move on to the "advanced" stuff.
    But again , I guess this is one more reason for these guys to continue to call themselves firefighters.
    ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post

I can see him now -sweat and ash covering his furrowed brow, sniffing at the ashes,"ive got it" he says,"bic lighter" --- takeing another deep whiff, he proclaims 'A YELLOW ONE" ------------citizens aaareest -citizens aaareest
    Chenzo likes this.
    ?

Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

This begs the question...

If LA won't go into buildings on fire because of structural stability issues...How will he investigate fires in buildings damaged by fire and further weakened? Will Bossier Parrish be the first fire investigation task force to search for evidence via binoculars? Satelite photos perhaps? Arson sniffing dogs? Robots? Because it seems to me you HAVE to enter the fire damaged structure to look for fire cause and origin.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Forum Member

If LA won't go into buildings on fire because of structural stability issues...How will he investigate fires in buildings damaged by fire and further weakened? Will Bossier Parrish be the first fire investigation task force to search for evidence via binoculars? Satelite photos perhaps? Arson sniffing dogs? Robots? Because it seems to me you HAVE to enter the fire damaged structure to look for fire cause and origin.
    Again .. Not Bossier.

As far as the other crap .... Not even worth discussing.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by slackjawedyokel View Post
    Your task force reminds me of the guy that wants brand new tools on the job , yet cant read a tape or drive a nail. You master the basics and then move on to the "advanced" stuff.
    But again , I guess this is one more reason for these guys to continue to call themselves firefighters.
    Really?

Surprise, Surprise. Every guy that would be on the task force has a several of your ever so precious certifications.

Really?

Surprise, Surprise. Every guy that would be on the task force has a several of your ever so precious certifications.
    Yet you cry, and cry, and cry, about a lack of qualified, trained, and experienced firefighters to do interior firefighting.

You can't even keep track of your own lies.
    DeputyChiefGonzo and RyanK63 like this.
    Maybe it's not too late

Dude, you're gonna have the easiest "Fire Investigation Task Force" ever.

Cause: Unknown, no salvageable items remaining post-fire.

Origin: Unknown. It appears as though it started somewhere in the house but seeing as the only remaining portion of the building is the basement it is unknown as to where the fire started.

You're a joke, LA. Plain and simple. You're a joke, a disgrace to firefighters everywhere, and a poison to the fire service.
    rm1524 and RyanK63 like this.
    "A fire department that writes off civilians faster than an express line of 6 reasons or less is not progressive, it's dangerous, because it's run by fear. Fear does not save lives, it endangers them." -- Lt. Ray McCormack FDNY

"Because if you don't think you're good, nobody else will." -- DC Tom Laun (ret) Syracuse

MembersZone Subscriber

What a ****ing idiot. Like a used car salesman.......if his mouth is open there's a good chance he's lying.
    Chenzo and RyanK63 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by rm1524 View Post
    What a ****ing idiot. Like a used car salesman.......if his mouth is open there's a good chance he's lying.
    Like a fire chief that I know.

Originally Posted by DeputyChiefGonzo
    1. I am not a yahoo.
    Originally posted by LA
    1. Disagree
    2. You have no idea how that makes my day.
    I'd rather take 6 yahoos like Gonzo with a 1950 500 gpm front mount pumper than an entirely staffed FD of LAs with modern equipment. WHY? Because odds are we will save the building while you will save the remains for your Fire Investigation task for to sift through.

I don't doubt it makes your day since you are a pathological narcissistic personality. It doesn't matter to you and your warped sense of right and wrong whether the attention is good or bad, you just want someone, anyone, to pay attention to you. I bet your mom had to paint you with gravy to get you dog to spend time with you.
    Chenzo and RyanK63 like this.
    Maybe it's not too late

Nailed It! Gotta let the whole thing burn down so it is safe to investigate. No unsafe interior work to do!

No guns.
    Excellent. The citizens are safe.

So there's no work involved.

And again, this is in my volunteer parish, not my combo parish, in which the Sheriff would not allow any post-certified fire investigators anyway.
    Even the sheriff knows you're a joke and governs accordingly. Good for him.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Thread Information