Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Seattle 2013

  1. #326
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    28

    Default

    .....................
    Last edited by crossfit42; 05-07-2014 at 01:49 AM.

  2. #327
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2

    Default

    "Casual Attire"? I can't decide between slacks and a button up or flip flops and a tank top?
    Any of the recent hires with advice on what to expect would be much appreciated.

    Good luck to everyone still in the process. We still have a long way to go but I look forward to meeting you on August 8th.

  3. #328
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jaik View Post
    "Casual Attire"? I can't decide between slacks and a button up or flip flops and a tank top?
    Any of the recent hires with advice on what to expect would be much appreciated.

    Good luck to everyone still in the process. We still have a long way to go but I look forward to meeting you on August 8th.
    I was thinking flip flops and a button up ha ha ...

  4. #329
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    28

    Default

    .............................................

  5. #330
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    10

    Default

    For those of you who didn't do well with SFD... keep your head up. I finished 855/997 with Seattle. And just today got my conditional offer with San Diego Fire Department Different departments are looking for different attributes. Keep at it and you will find where you belong.

  6. #331
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hurley3251 View Post
    For those of you who didn't do well with SFD... keep your head up. I finished 855/997 with Seattle. And just today got my conditional offer with San Diego Fire Department Different departments are looking for different attributes. Keep at it and you will find where you belong.
    I totally agree. I have been testing for a couple of years. Each department has it's own unique culture. If you do not do well with one department, you could get picked up somewhere else simply because that department would view you as a good fit. Each department is looking for something specific in their candidates and it could simply be that you do not fit what they are looking for. It's nothing personal that you did wrong. Keep your head up, never quit, keep testing everywhere and it will happen! In the end your hard work, sweat, and tears will pay off. This is the best job in the world!

    Congratulations on San Diego! I lived there for a few years when I was stationed at Camp Pendleton. It is a great place!
    Last edited by 0321/8654; 04-18-2014 at 05:57 PM.

  7. #332
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 0321/8654 View Post
    I totally agree. I have been testing for a couple of years. Each department has it's own unique culture. If you do not do well with one department, you could get picked up somewhere else simply because that department would view you as a good fit. Each department is looking for something specific in their candidates and it could simply be that you do not fit what they are looking for. It's nothing personal that you did wrong. Keep your head up, never quit, keep testing everywhere and it will happen! In the end your hard work, sweat, and tears will pay off. This is the best job in the world!

    Congratulations on San Diego! I lived there for a few years when I was stationed at Camp Pendleton. It is a great place!
    Thanks brother. Wish you the best of luck with Seattle. I am from Seattle and have lived there my whole life. It is a great place to live.

  8. #333
    Forum Member
    Drax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hurley3251 View Post
    For those of you who didn't do well with SFD... keep your head up. I finished 855/997 with Seattle. And just today got my conditional offer with San Diego Fire Department Different departments are looking for different attributes. Keep at it and you will find where you belong.
    Congratulations and good luck!

  9. #334
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Basra Iraq
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Hope everyone is doing well and studying for the home stretch of tests and interviews. I have 10 days tell I pop smoke and jump on that freedom bird to Seattle for the written and Psch. With the added bonus of heading home afterwards and seeing the wife and kids. Enjoy your Easter Sunday With family and Friends.

  10. #335
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Are you guys including any other copies of certifications or letters of recommendation in your packets?

  11. #336
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    10

    Default

    have a safe flight and enjoy your Easter as well.

  12. #337
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysrainy View Post
    Are you guys including any other copies of certifications or letters of recommendation in your packets?
    I'll have to re read the email but I'm pretty sure I was planning on including everything. I'm curious to hear what others are including as well.

  13. #338
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Basra Iraq
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysrainy View Post
    Are you guys including any other copies of certifications or letters of recommendation in your packets?
    I am including pretty much all of my certifications and awards that are relevant and or unique. But I wouldn't go to overboard and include you 3rd place science fair ribbon from Junior high. It my take away from/clutter your "Relevant and unique" Certs and experiences.

  14. #339
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    41

    Default

    I just received the CPAT voucher today.

  15. #340
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Basra Iraq
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 0321/8654 View Post
    I just received the CPAT voucher today.
    I scheduled my CPAT for the 28th of June, and a practice and walk through on May 2.
    Last edited by WPSMedic; 04-22-2014 at 03:35 AM.

  16. #341
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    144

    Default

    Anybody know how they will schedule the third interview? Are we able to pick dates like the past two or are they going to tell us when?

  17. #342
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDome7 View Post
    Anybody know how they will schedule the third interview? Are we able to pick dates like the past two or are they going to tell us when?
    Per SFD recruiting...

    "You will chose your interview date when you come in for the pre-employment exam testing.* We will be conducting interviews from May 14 – June 4th."

  18. #343
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    10

    Default

    How’s everyone doing? I’ve been studying as much as I can. It’s kinda hard not knowing exactly what to study for though. I’ve pushed the physical training up a notch too. I do Crossfit throughout the week and then I’ve been running a few miles every other day. What has everyone else been doing? Having a family and working a full time job with a nasty commute on each end of the day sure doesn’t leave much time for anything else. Im not complaining though. My family is really supportive and they realize that this is a temporary situation. Whenever I do get that badge it will be well worth it. Hope you all are working hard as well. Looking forward to meeting as much of you as possible on the 10th. Stay strong. We’re almost at the finish line!

  19. #344
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dravus View Post
    How’s everyone doing? I’ve been studying as much as I can. It’s kinda hard not knowing exactly what to study for though. I’ve pushed the physical training up a notch too. I do Crossfit throughout the week and then I’ve been running a few miles every other day. What has everyone else been doing? Having a family and working a full time job with a nasty commute on each end of the day sure doesn’t leave much time for anything else. Im not complaining though. My family is really supportive and they realize that this is a temporary situation. Whenever I do get that badge it will be well worth it. Hope you all are working hard as well. Looking forward to meeting as much of you as possible on the 10th. Stay strong. We’re almost at the finish line!
    Ive been just researching the department, getting a general idea. Ive heard that you shouldnt try to prepare or study for a psych test. So Im staying away from that, just gonna go in and do it. Preparing for the third oral board the same way that I did the first two. Getting my portfolio all together to be turned in. Like you said its hard to study when you dont know whats exactly around the corner. I do know that if youve never done the standard CPAT, start practicing stair climbing with weight on. Crossfit is a great way to prepare but Id def at least start doing a stair mill for 6 minutes with weight. That way the 3:20 you gotta do it for will be easier. And do NOT use your hands while you train as it will be a DQ during the actual event. Good luck.

  20. #345
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Basra Iraq
    Posts
    36

    Default

    I made it out of the "sand box," but not without getting hit on my last mission. I took some frag right to the face and almost missed my flight out. It's almost like these insurgents don't even know I have the most important interview in my life coming up. I am doing good though, nothing major. I have been trying to prepare for the interview questions, and I am still doing my CPAT practice on the 2nd and my Psych on the 3rd. I hope you guys are all staying in the fight.

  21. #346
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WPSMedic View Post
    I made it out of the "sand box," but not without getting hit on my last mission. I took some frag right to the face and almost missed my flight out. It's almost like these insurgents don't even know I have the most important interview in my life coming up. I am doing good though, nothing major. I have been trying to prepare for the interview questions, and I am still doing my CPAT practice on the 2nd and my Psych on the 3rd. I hope you guys are all staying in the fight.
    I guess I will be able to identify who "WPS Medic" is on the 2nd and 3rd then. I am glad you are safe. Get this job so you no longer have to gamble your life for money contracting over there.

  22. #347
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Basra Iraq
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 0321/8654 View Post
    I guess I will be able to identify who "WPS Medic" is on the 2nd and 3rd then. I am glad you are safe. Get this job so you no longer have to gamble your life for money contracting over there.
    Will you be there on the 2nd and the 3rd?

  23. #348
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WPSMedic View Post
    Will you be there on the 2nd and the 3rd?
    That was implied, yes.

  24. #349
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Basra Iraq
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 0321/8654 View Post
    That was implied, yes.
    Nice I will see you there then.

  25. #350
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    193

    Default

    How is everyone's wrist feeling after today? lol

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 1 guests)

  1. kevinpd82

Similar Threads

  1. Yuma AZ 2013
    By ksorenson11 in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-07-2014, 02:56 PM
  2. 2013 afg
    By chappellld in forum Federal FIRE ACT Grants & Funding
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-12-2013, 05:43 PM
  3. 2013 AFG Changes
    By BC79er in forum Federal FIRE ACT Grants & Funding
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-30-2013, 06:02 PM
  4. Scranton, PA 2013
    By sfd3082 in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-05-2013, 11:30 PM
  5. Jacksonville, FL 2013
    By WesParker in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-13-2013, 09:09 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register