Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Seattle 2013

Forum Member

Last edited by crossfit42; 05-07-2014 at 01:49 AM.

Forum Member

"Casual Attire"? I can't decide between slacks and a button up or flip flops and a tank top?
    Any of the recent hires with advice on what to expect would be much appreciated.

Good luck to everyone still in the process. We still have a long way to go but I look forward to meeting you on August 8th.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jaik View Post
    "Casual Attire"? I can't decide between slacks and a button up or flip flops and a tank top?
    Any of the recent hires with advice on what to expect would be much appreciated.

Good luck to everyone still in the process. We still have a long way to go but I look forward to meeting you on August 8th.
    I was thinking flip flops and a button up ha ha ...

Forum Member

Forum Member

For those of you who didn't do well with SFD... keep your head up. I finished 855/997 with Seattle. And just today got my conditional offer with San Diego Fire Department Different departments are looking for different attributes. Keep at it and you will find where you belong.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hurley3251 View Post
    For those of you who didn't do well with SFD... keep your head up. I finished 855/997 with Seattle. And just today got my conditional offer with San Diego Fire Department Different departments are looking for different attributes. Keep at it and you will find where you belong.
    I totally agree. I have been testing for a couple of years. Each department has it's own unique culture. If you do not do well with one department, you could get picked up somewhere else simply because that department would view you as a good fit. Each department is looking for something specific in their candidates and it could simply be that you do not fit what they are looking for. It's nothing personal that you did wrong. Keep your head up, never quit, keep testing everywhere and it will happen! In the end your hard work, sweat, and tears will pay off. This is the best job in the world!

Congratulations on San Diego! I lived there for a few years when I was stationed at Camp Pendleton. It is a great place!
    Last edited by 0321/8654; 04-18-2014 at 05:57 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 0321/8654 View Post
    I totally agree. I have been testing for a couple of years. Each department has it's own unique culture. If you do not do well with one department, you could get picked up somewhere else simply because that department would view you as a good fit. Each department is looking for something specific in their candidates and it could simply be that you do not fit what they are looking for. It's nothing personal that you did wrong. Keep your head up, never quit, keep testing everywhere and it will happen! In the end your hard work, sweat, and tears will pay off. This is the best job in the world!

Congratulations on San Diego! I lived there for a few years when I was stationed at Camp Pendleton. It is a great place!
    Thanks brother. Wish you the best of luck with Seattle. I am from Seattle and have lived there my whole life. It is a great place to live.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hurley3251 View Post
    Congratulations and good luck!

Forum Member

Hope everyone is doing well and studying for the home stretch of tests and interviews. I have 10 days tell I pop smoke and jump on that freedom bird to Seattle for the written and Psch. With the added bonus of heading home afterwards and seeing the wife and kids. Enjoy your Easter Sunday With family and Friends.

Forum Member

Are you guys including any other copies of certifications or letters of recommendation in your packets?

Forum Member

have a safe flight and enjoy your Easter as well.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysrainy View Post
    Are you guys including any other copies of certifications or letters of recommendation in your packets?
    I'll have to re read the email but I'm pretty sure I was planning on including everything. I'm curious to hear what others are including as well.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysrainy View Post
    I am including pretty much all of my certifications and awards that are relevant and or unique. But I wouldn't go to overboard and include you 3rd place science fair ribbon from Junior high. It my take away from/clutter your "Relevant and unique" Certs and experiences.

Forum Member

I just received the CPAT voucher today.

Forum Member

I just received the CPAT voucher today.
    I scheduled my CPAT for the 28th of June, and a practice and walk through on May 2.
    Last edited by WPSMedic; 04-22-2014 at 03:35 AM.

Forum Member

Anybody know how they will schedule the third interview? Are we able to pick dates like the past two or are they going to tell us when?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDome7 View Post
    Anybody know how they will schedule the third interview? Are we able to pick dates like the past two or are they going to tell us when?
    Per SFD recruiting...

"You will chose your interview date when you come in for the pre-employment exam testing.* We will be conducting interviews from May 14 – June 4th."

Forum Member

How’s everyone doing? I’ve been studying as much as I can. It’s kinda hard not knowing exactly what to study for though. I’ve pushed the physical training up a notch too. I do Crossfit throughout the week and then I’ve been running a few miles every other day. What has everyone else been doing? Having a family and working a full time job with a nasty commute on each end of the day sure doesn’t leave much time for anything else. Im not complaining though. My family is really supportive and they realize that this is a temporary situation. Whenever I do get that badge it will be well worth it. Hope you all are working hard as well. Looking forward to meeting as much of you as possible on the 10th. Stay strong. We’re almost at the finish line!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dravus View Post
    How’s everyone doing? I’ve been studying as much as I can. It’s kinda hard not knowing exactly what to study for though. I’ve pushed the physical training up a notch too. I do Crossfit throughout the week and then I’ve been running a few miles every other day. What has everyone else been doing? Having a family and working a full time job with a nasty commute on each end of the day sure doesn’t leave much time for anything else. Im not complaining though. My family is really supportive and they realize that this is a temporary situation. Whenever I do get that badge it will be well worth it. Hope you all are working hard as well. Looking forward to meeting as much of you as possible on the 10th. Stay strong. We’re almost at the finish line!
    Ive been just researching the department, getting a general idea. Ive heard that you shouldnt try to prepare or study for a psych test. So Im staying away from that, just gonna go in and do it. Preparing for the third oral board the same way that I did the first two. Getting my portfolio all together to be turned in. Like you said its hard to study when you dont know whats exactly around the corner. I do know that if youve never done the standard CPAT, start practicing stair climbing with weight on. Crossfit is a great way to prepare but Id def at least start doing a stair mill for 6 minutes with weight. That way the 3:20 you gotta do it for will be easier. And do NOT use your hands while you train as it will be a DQ during the actual event. Good luck.

Forum Member

I made it out of the "sand box," but not without getting hit on my last mission. I took some frag right to the face and almost missed my flight out. It's almost like these insurgents don't even know I have the most important interview in my life coming up. I am doing good though, nothing major. I have been trying to prepare for the interview questions, and I am still doing my CPAT practice on the 2nd and my Psych on the 3rd. I hope you guys are all staying in the fight.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by WPSMedic View Post
    I made it out of the "sand box," but not without getting hit on my last mission. I took some frag right to the face and almost missed my flight out. It's almost like these insurgents don't even know I have the most important interview in my life coming up. I am doing good though, nothing major. I have been trying to prepare for the interview questions, and I am still doing my CPAT practice on the 2nd and my Psych on the 3rd. I hope you guys are all staying in the fight.
    I guess I will be able to identify who "WPS Medic" is on the 2nd and 3rd then. I am glad you are safe. Get this job so you no longer have to gamble your life for money contracting over there.

Forum Member

I guess I will be able to identify who "WPS Medic" is on the 2nd and 3rd then. I am glad you are safe. Get this job so you no longer have to gamble your life for money contracting over there.
    Will you be there on the 2nd and the 3rd?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by WPSMedic View Post
    Will you be there on the 2nd and the 3rd?
    That was implied, yes.

Forum Member

That was implied, yes.
    Nice I will see you there then.

Forum Member

How is everyone's wrist feeling after today? lol

Thread Information