Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Seattle 2013

Forum Member

Hows everyone doing thats still in the running?

Forum Member

Recruit Class 101 went in to the JTF this AM. Good luck to them and that starts the countdown for RC 102 in Feb. Should start to see movement on that in the next few months. Good luck to all.

Forum Member

Do you know how many people started in this academy?

Forum Member

I don't know how many showed up this am. There were 32 hired.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GRNFT View Post
    I talked with HR this am. All conditional offers and alternates have been contacted for aug class. They are working on the feb 15 class as I type this. I'd expect to start seeing offers starting in the fall for that. No word on when EMT offers will go out but I'll see what I can find out.
    Since the next class doesn't start until February, do you think they will actually start making calls in the fall? It seems with previous classes they let everyone know about two months before academy started. If that holds true we wouldn't start getting offers until sometime in December.

Forum Member

I couldn't tell you when they're going to make the calls. I was told they were going to start working on it when the Aug 14 class (RC 101) went in. I know 29 went in, not sure what happened with the 3 that were offered and didn't begin. If I hear anything substantial, I will pass the word.

Forum Member

Anyone else get the following email today:

Dear Candidate,

The next Recruit class is scheduled to begin February 11, 2015.

Attached is a Seattle Fire Department Employment Packet Update. Your completed packet must be received by 4 PM on Thursday, October 2, 2014.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by William Bourbonstreet View Post
    Anyone else get the following email today:

Dear Candidate,

The next Recruit class is scheduled to begin February 11, 2015.

Attached is a Seattle Fire Department Employment Packet Update. Your completed packet must be received by 4 PM on Thursday, October 2, 2014.
    Yep, got that, too

Forum Member

Yup. Got it today as well. Good luck everyone.

Forum Member

Spent a few moments talking to HR this AM. They told me that letters for Feb 15 class will go out late Nov. They are expecting at least 25, maybe more. They are also working on an August 15 class off of this list. Currently, there has been 1 injury in the class that's in.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GRNFT View Post
    Spent a few moments talking to HR this AM. They told me that letters for Feb 15 class will go out late Nov. They are expecting at least 25, maybe more. They are also working on an August 15 class off of this list. Currently, there has been 1 injury in the class that's in.
    Thanks GRNFT,

By letters do you mean phone calls with conditional offers? With the last class I think most people said they got a call. Any idea if/when they'll have us take another CPAT and any more written tests at the JTF?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dravus View Post
    Thanks GRNFT,

By letters do you mean phone calls with conditional offers? With the last class I think most people said they got a call. Any idea if/when they'll have us take another CPAT and any more written tests at the JTF?
    It should be a call with a conditional offer and letter/info to follow. Your actual offer isn't usually given until after you have an interview with the Chief of the department. Also, with the CPAT, I am not sure of if you will need one or not. They are usually good for a certain amount of time (6 mos/1 year?) and then you have to redo it. There shouldn't be any redo of any written stuff that I'm aware of.

Forum Member

Thanks for the info as always GRNFT!

Do you know how many people are still eligible on the list?

Dravus,
    I would say for the CPAT for this class were good as long as you passed it in June. On the other hand, I could see them wanting another updated CPAT for the August class.

Forum Member

I don't know how many of the original 25% are left, but I have recently been told by FD HR that City HR can add people to the top 25% of the list as names come off to keep it at a steady 25% of the list. That's news to me.

Forum Member

GRNFT,

Thank you very much for the information. It is always great to get any insight that we can. I have a question in regards to the City HR being able to add names to the top 25% list. Do you think this means that they could theoretically pull from the new names without ever touching some of the original 25%, or is this more in case they get through all of the original 25%? Thanks.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FightingIrish View Post
    GRNFT,

Thank you very much for the information. It is always great to get any insight that we can. I have a question in regards to the City HR being able to add names to the top 25% list. Do you think this means that they could theoretically pull from the new names without ever touching some of the original 25%, or is this more in case they get through all of the original 25%? Thanks.
    I'd like some clarification on this as well. My source gave the same information. The city keeps a list of the 25% full, filling it with names from the eligibility list. Unsure as to how that affects the original top 25%. I'd hope it's simply a back up in the event the top 25% is used up

Thread Information