Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Seattle 2013

Forum Member

How is everyone doing this fine November morning? Just got caught up on all the scuttlebutt and am looking forward to the rest of this month. Has anyone heard anything about calls/conditionals coming up? For the last class, conditionals seemed to go out earlier than annotated on their timeline, so a guy can be hopeful.

GRNFT - How did the last class fare altogether? Any updates for us for the upcoming Feb '15 class? Thanks!

Forum Member

I chatted with HR and recruiting. A few calls have already gone out for RC 102 that will start in Feb 15. Those calls were only to those who have previously been offered positions and had to defer or roll back into another class. I don't know how many that was, but I think it's around 4-5ish. The rest of the calls for RC 102 will hopefully go out by Nov 17th. The class is projected at 30. HR had packets out yesterday looking through them, I am told. For those that are going into the Feb class, be prepared to do the clinical interviews with a psychologist sometime in Dec. SFD is also planning on 30 in Aug. 2015. The mayor is finalizing his budget and that will release after Thanksgiving. Keep your eyes on that. Any cuts that come to the FD may be felt in recruit hiring. MAY not WILL. If there are no cuts, than I would expect the numbers to stay about the same.

As for RC 101, they just finished house fires last week and HAZMAT this week. They have about 2.5 weeks left and will send 26 of 29 out into operations just after Thanksgiving.

Hope that helps. Have a good weekend.

Forum Member

Extremely helpful and informative as always. Greatly appreciated. Guess it's just time to sit tight and wait out a couple weeks. Good luck all.

Forum Member

GRNFT- Im still within the eligibility list (pretty far down the line) but I am also going to be separating from the military within the next few weeks. I am told I could still submit my DD 214 and those vet pts would be added to my overall score and possibly bump me up for future lists. Could you shine any light on this!?? Thanks!

Forum Member

I'm not sure if you can add in vet points now. You can call 2063861400 on Monday and ask for HR and they will be able to tell you.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GRNFT View Post
    I'm not sure if you can add in vet points now. You can call 2063861400 on Monday and ask for HR and they will be able to tell you.
    GRNFT- if HR calls with a conditional offer and you miss the call, do they move down the line and you miss your chance or will they wait for your call back? I've heard of instances where a department has a surplus of applicants they will use that process to narrow things down. Thanks for the insight.

Forum Member

They will give you some time to call back. They want the right people that they have chosen. I missed my call and had to call back. If you don't call back within the week though, they may move on...Calls have started going out today, FYI.

Forum Member

Happy Veterans Day and thanks to all who have served and continue to serve. No calls today as it's a holiday, but they shall resume tomorrow.

Forum Member

GRNFT, any ideas on how many calls went out so far?

Forum Member

No idea. They made the calls last week to the roll backs/deferred and however many they made yesterday. Calls should go through Thurs/Friday.

Forum Member

Thank you for the quick reply, GRNFT.

Forum Member

I was lucky enough to get a conditional offer the other day. I scheduled both my medical and psychological evaluation over the phone, with the psychological in the next couple weeks. HR said to expect the psychological evaluation to take a couple of hours and then will be meeting with a psychologist in December to go over the results.

Anyone have any insight as to what this step of the process is going to be like? From talking to people in the previous classes, this seems to be a new process and just want to be as prepared as possible.

Forum Member

SFD Hopeful,

Congrats on the offer. I wish you the best in your next steps. If you wouldn't mind saying, what was your approximate number on the original list? Just curious . Kick butt!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SFDHopeful View Post
    I was lucky enough to get a conditional offer the other day. I scheduled both my medical and psychological evaluation over the phone, with the psychological in the next couple weeks. HR said to expect the psychological evaluation to take a couple of hours and then will be meeting with a psychologist in December to go over the results.

Anyone have any insight as to what this step of the process is going to be like? From talking to people in the previous classes, this seems to be a new process and just want to be as prepared as possible.
    We will be in the academy together. What's your email address?

Forum Member

Mid 200's... barely made the cut.

Forum Member

Awesome. Nice work SFDHopeful and TowerRescue. Thanks for the info. I hope to join ya.

CMM
    Forum Member

Just spoke with HR... All the calls have gone out. Keep your heads up fellas, and congrats to all who made it into RC 102.

Forum Member

Did that include alternates?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TowerRescue View Post
    We will be in the academy together. What's your email address?
    I got the call first thing Monday morning. Anyone out there who has received an offer, please send me a PM. SFD Hopeful, I sent you a PM. TowerRescue, I tried to send you a PM as well but it wouldn't let me.

-Congratulations to all who have received a call.

-SFD has updated their website. They are going to have two more academies off of this list. If you didn't get a call, keep your head up and never give up!

-Thank you GRNFT. You have been very helpful to say the least in such a challenging process. I appreciate all of the time that you have put into this to help us out!
    Last edited by 0321/8654; 11-14-2014 at 01:50 PM.
    GRNFT likes this.

Forum Member

Congrats again to everyone who made the next class. Kick butt and do well for all of us.

GRNFT - Would you be able to give us any insight regarding alternates? Are alternates for this class most likely already contacted or will they be slowly contacted as current class choices are unable to continue due to medical, psych, etc...? Any insight is greatly appreciated as always.

Have a great week guys.

Forum Member

They usually contact around 4 alternates. I know that they have contacted some, but the exact # I do not know. If they burn through all of the alternates, they may extend a few more offers, or they may just go with the class as is. I would put out there that if you have a slot in a class and don't plan on using it, make sure to pull your name out early enough so you don't screw over someone who really wants it. Happens more than you'd think. In the mean time, there is another class for August getting ready to be worked on after the holidays. I'd expect calls for that in the springtime. Keep doing what you all are doing.

Forum Member

Hello All,
    Thank you all for posting answers to many of my questions. I commend all here that have and are trying to get accepted into the SFD. I noticed one person stated that they got a call and were in the mid to high 200's, and was just curious if that means that all applicants from 1-250-ish have been hired or are not being considered for future hiring, or if they do fluctuate on that list? I see that GRNFT seems to be an excellent resource here, so if you or anyone else might be able to answer this question, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again, happy holidays and new year.

Thread Information