Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Seattle 2013

Forum Member

Pretty good but will find out. I heard anywhere form 75 to 100 also.

Forum Member

I feel like I did horrible. I'm pretty sure I way overthought some of the questions on the second part of the test... But maybe it's one of those things where I feel like I did horrible but I really aced it!!!!! But doubtful haha. Good luck everyone!

Forum Member

So how is the written graded? The website information says that all who pass the written are scheduled for the first round of oral boards. Are we still being given a grade out of 100pts to be competitive? Or is is pass/fail? I feel like I did decent. I followed the advice in this thread and spent quite some on the second portion, and went strait to the second half of test first.

Pass fail would be beneficial for those who didnt get 100/100(which includes me), especially since I dont have Veterans preference.

I figure there were about 200 people in room 110, which I was in on Saturday. So maybe around 1200 people on the first day? This number sounds low for an entry level civil service exam though

Forum Member

5800+ signed up for the test. I don't know how many actually took it yet. The written is a pass/fail. They set the cut off score at a point where they have enough to move to the oral boards. They always tell people to shoot for mid 80s, but i've seen the cut off be in the upper 70s before. This year was the most we've ever had (to my knowledge) register, so no idea how many will move on or if that skews the cut off score higher. In the past you received a score. Now you just are told pass or fail and if you pass a date for your oral board #1. Your place on the list is determined by your average of the 2 oral boards (you have to advance past the first one to the second and then advance from the second--i.e. pass both to get a score and placed on the registry). Vets points are then added to that score and they place you on the registry. Hope that helps.

Forum Member

I've heard that the oral is also were they get rid of a lot of recruits because it is a difficult oral. What type of advice would you recommend going in to the orals? Thank You

Forum Member

There will be an oral board study session. Go to it. It will help a lot!

Forum Member

Thanks for the heads up, I felt good about the written so depending on my score I will make sure to book a flight and go up there thanks.

Forum Member

I am surprised the city spends the time and money to interview thousands of applicants. But I suppose its a double edged sword. Its your chance to shine, but others may be a bit more polished. It would be great if they would tape the study sessions. $350 round trip ticket from where I'm at(cant get much further away from seattle).

Forum Member

Im pretty bumbed that there is no reciprocity for EMT-P. I was told after being with the dept for 3 years, they send you back to paramedic school even if you are licensed elsewhere

Forum Member

That's correct on the medic thing. However, there are stipulations that medics from elsewhere can apply earlier than the 3 years. It's not guaranteed acceptance, but you can apply earlier. All SFD medics must go through the Medic One Paramedic program (about 10 months long).

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GRNFT View Post
    That's correct on the medic thing. However, there are stipulations that medics from elsewhere can apply earlier than the 3 years. It's not guaranteed acceptance, but you can apply earlier. All SFD medics must go through the Medic One Paramedic program (about 10 months long).
    Thanks for the info!! Hopefully I get the opportunity to join such a great dept. My goal would be to eventually get my EMT-P in the state of WA

Forum Member

Has anyone received their scores yet?

Forum Member

Was just going to ask that, figured we would by now...

Forum Member

They said by the 15th for scores. If you haven't heard anything by the 22nd you need to call. Still have a few days before you'll probably see anything.

Forum Member

It actually says on the website that you should receive your scores by the 15th and if not you have to call recruiting by the 22nd

Forum Member

A. Candidates should receive the results of their written exam by November 15, 2013. Candidates will receive notice via email or U.S. mail, according to their preference as entered on their application. Candidates who do not receive notice by November 15 should contact this office by November 22, 2013 (see contact information below).

Forum Member

Got my score today, looks like they're starting to be sent out

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDome7 View Post
    Got my score today, looks like they're starting to be sent out
    Me too. 93
    Looks like 81.4 was passing

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GRNFT View Post
    5800+ signed up for the test. I don't know how many actually took it yet. The written is a pass/fail. They set the cut off score at a point where they have enough to move to the oral boards. They always tell people to shoot for mid 80s, but i've seen the cut off be in the upper 70s before. This year was the most we've ever had (to my knowledge) register, so no idea how many will move on or if that skews the cut off score higher. In the past you received a score. Now you just are told pass or fail and if you pass a date for your oral board #1. Your place on the list is determined by your average of the 2 oral boards (you have to advance past the first one to the second and then advance from the second--i.e. pass both to get a score and placed on the registry). Vets points are then added to that score and they place you on the registry. Hope that helps.
    GRNFT I have a question in regards to the interview orientation. If I don't assist will I be missing on a lot of information that I will need for orals? I am asking because I am out of state, and the tickets are expensive for the days that they will be having the orientation, and also challenging with school and work I would appreciate it if you could let me know ASAP thank you for your time.

Forum Member

Got my score back today! Passed! For those that will be attending the oral board orientation, mind passing along that information. Coming from Hawaii so it gets REALLY expensive for me. Thanks.

Thread Information