+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 21 First ... 345678916 ... Last
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Seattle 2013

Forum Member

So how many candidates interview for the panel at one time? I'm just curious on the lay out of the interview

Forum Member

One. There is multiple interviews going on at the same time, they're just whipping them out

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDome7 View Post
    One. There is multiple interviews going on at the same time, they're just whipping them out
    Is it moral, ethics, and hr questions? I heard this time around they are challenging what should we prepare for? Thanks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Future FF 07 View Post
    Is it moral, ethics, and hr questions? I heard this time around they are challenging what should we prepare for? Thanks
    The questions are definitely a bit different. I developed well rounded responses to over 60 potential questions. Only one of the questions they asked was one that I had directly prepared for. I was able to answer the others because I drew from the prepared responses to questions of a similar nature. Not much help I know but do your homework and you should be ok.

All that said, I walked out of the interview feeling like I did ok. I know I didn't kill it, and I forgot to say a few things, but I felt I did ok.

Forum Member

Whats up guys. Looks like I am flying out Tomorrow to make my interview on the 17. I was wondering if you guys had any words of wisdom, for me. I was also told by the guys my PSD team to "never wear a suit to a job interview, Because it's nearly impossible to do karate in a suit." Seems legit . Maybe I will see some of you there.

Forum Member

So is there anybody that came out feeling confident? It seems for the most part nobody has any clue... Definitely a different style of interviewing.. Now for the waiting game

Forum Member

I wouldn't say confident, but thinking back I don't think it was that bad. From what the 2011 thread said/what it felt like was you were aiming to hit 'boxes' of what they wanted to here and I remember the center interviewer seemed to fill a lot of bubbles. The other two it was hard to tell because I swear they even wanted to hide how much their hands moved from me.

Just one month of waiting....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nebo View Post
    I wouldn't say confident, but thinking back I don't think it was that bad. From what the 2011 thread said/what it felt like was you were aiming to hit 'boxes' of what they wanted to here and I remember the center interviewer seemed to fill a lot of bubbles. The other two it was hard to tell because I swear they even wanted to hide how much their hands moved from me.

Just one month of waiting....
    I felt the same way!! I felt like the middle interviewer was doing a majority of the notes. Im not sure if I was just fixed on it because of previous process's, I think my mind is just going through every scenario possible. Either way, im sure im over thinking it! Best of luck to everyone, and at least we all made it this far!! post up any news

Forum Member

Based on the way the scoring sheets were set up, I'm not too convinced that the scoring was based on "keywords"as the previous thread hinted to. Try not to focus on the interviewers bubbling. If one is writing, speak to another that is looking at you. I would imagine that they did have predetermined key areas to rate. For instance, maybe confidence, stress management, overall answer to each specific question, overall presentation, etc. Of course this is all anecdotal.

I'm already planning for the trip out for round two(it's not that far off!). Fully refundable of course, as I don't like to count my eggs.

Forum Member

Going in for my interview this afternoon. A bit nervous to say the least...man, time has flown since the written exam! Thanks for the little bits of advice everyone inputted or posted.

Forum Member

Well, it's been real everyone!!! I left the room wanting to jump off a bridge. I left soooo much out there that I didnt discuss. One question I spoke a few statements and then locked up for like 2 mins. Im hoping to move on to the second round.

GRNFT is there a cutoff score to be asked to come back for the 2nd round or does everyone get it? Thanks

Forum Member

Sorry to hear that. The questions must be a bit different from what everyone is describing in this thread. My interview is tomorrow and at this point I can only hope for the best, as last words of wisdom that haven't already been covered would be greatly appreciated.

Forum Member

Sorry to hear that Kahai, won't know until you know though.

Noparking, only advice I have it to relax. Nobody wants you to fail (well, maybe me so my chances go up ). Just talk about what you know. What might feel like eternity when the question gets asked and you're thinking of your response is really maybe three seconds if that. Take your time. Nobody cares if you stop for ten seconds so you can give a solid three minute answer.

Forum Member

There is a cut down after the first oral board. Only a certain percentage make it through the 2nd. I couldn't tell you what that score is. I know people in the lower 80s made it last time for sure. There very well could be a lower cut off. They will average the 2 scores for those who make it that far and then create the registry in May(ish).

Forum Member

Took the 1st oral yesterday. Definitely left a bunch of pertinent info out, but hopefully what I was able to relay racked up some points. Felt good as I left but the more I think about it the less confident I feel. Only time will tell I suppose. There was definitely some good guys in my group.

Forum Member

15 days left guys

Forum Member

The last update on the website says "Notices will be sent by February 14" so that gives me hope I will get the yes/no before the 14th. I've been watching the airfare prices very closely.

Forum Member

Is anyone else not able to login at the governmentjobs site? The seem to have done (poor) work on it because going to the "reset password" page breaks on submit.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nebo View Post
    Is anyone else not able to login at the governmentjobs site? The seem to have done (poor) work on it because going to the "reset password" page breaks on submit.
    I just logged in, they changed the layout of the website. I am not a fan

Forum Member

It ain't that complicated guys, they just made the site more sophisticated.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Future FF 07 View Post
    It ain't that complicated guys, they just made the site more sophisticated.
    As a current software engineer, it's a POS in the sense it has errors I shouldn't be seeing and should have been caught in UAT. As a user, it's a POS because when you look at the "sent applications" page it shows less information in favor of a nice transition to expand the app-box to show the status. Also, that orange is ugly as sin. Function > form.

Forum Member

My status changed from "scheduled for oral board #1" back to "application received" so things are starting to happen.

EDIT - Aannnddd, I'm moving on. I may have just crushed my coworkers face in a hug (immediately followed by a "what was that for?").
    Last edited by nebo; 02-07-2014 at 06:32 PM.

Forum Member

Just got an email as well, on to the next round!

Forum Member

All scheduled for March 10 @0730

Forum Member

Moving on also, so excited! 3/15

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 21 First ... 345678916 ... Last

Thread Information