Like Tree6Likes

Thread: City Of Miami 2013

Forum Member

If that were to happen, and there's always that possibility, they're either gonna need the greatest reason/excuse or unfortuanley they'll have to retest I think. If people's scores dramatically change it will be interesting to see what happens but I don't know nor have a I heard anything solid on what's actually going on.

Forum Member

Hey guys unfortunately this is a big screw up on the citys part I've never heard of this ever happening before but I am curious to see how drastic the scores will change because I'm 29 on the list if I move down to 200 they better have a great excuse. And I also don't see why people called and complained over their score you got what you got be a man and deal with it.

Forum Member

If the rumor is in fact true and they are hand grading all of our tests then I can't see how or scores would change for those of us who scored high. Who is going to monitor the grading process if it is in fact true?

Many questions with only a few answers.

Forum Member

Well what have you guys heard that actually happened? The only thing I've heard which was from a very reliable source was that the test was keyed incorrectly. According to my source this was straight from HR but who knows, have you guys heard anything different?

Forum Member

So if the test was in fact keyed wrong then out high 90s are fake.

Forum Member

Not necessarily ocean. It can be a simple screw up as in half the test were graded by one person with one answer key and the other half graded by another individual with a different answer key. Maybe peoples tests with the wrongs answers matched the ones on the answer key so they scored high. It can be a million things but i for myself can tell you i was looking forward to this process for years and i studied and i felt my score wasnt correct. I didnt call and complain but maybe others did and they realized there might have been a mistake. It can honestly be a million things, I would understand why someone with a high grade would be upset that they are rechecking the tests. Be confident if you feel you really got whatever grade you got then you shouldnt be worried.

Forum Member

Michael I couldn't agree more with you. I've also been looking forward to this process for some time as this is my dream department, and studied that paler up and down, down and up for four months prior to test and I knew that lubricant system up and down, I know I did we'll on that test and the grade I received says other wise. I also didn't call and ha just accepted that I was pretty much screwed.

The city has been giving this test for about 15 years now, and I'm sure every time there's been people who scored well and others who haven't and they've never stopped the process to review the test, this obviously goes beyond a few people calling to complain about their low scores.

Forum Member

I do apologize if I insulted anyone's intelligence as that was not my goal. I do hope you gentlemen are correct because for those who did score well will most likely stay where they are at give or take. I to studied my rear end off while I was at work and off shift. It should be interesting. As long as I stay roughly where I am I'm happy.

Forum Member

Scores were changed

Forum Member

Some people's scores that I have talked to have changed drastically.

Forum Member

Mines drastically changed, no need for any apologies ocean we're all just trying to see what was going on good look to every one!

Forum Member

Yea just like I stated..I went from 79 to 214....

Forum Member

I didn't think I did that bad and I am now in the top 100. Went from a 77 to an 88 after the corrections. Good luck to everyone.

Forum Member

i studied my butt off for this test and on may 20th when i got the email saying i got an 80.7 i was pretty upset, i knew something was wrong because there was only about 6 questions in which i was iffy about, the rest were perfectly clear, i didnt call to complain but now i got my corrected score and its 90.2... im ranked number 76! good luck everyone!

ps. if no one would have called to complain this could have been a career changing mistake for many applicants, costing many people potential jobs because of an error with an answer key.

Forum Member

Since all of this srew up has happend, I noticed the city still hasn't given a reason to what happend.

Forum Member

Jag084 it says it clearly in the email what happened. I felt the same way miamifire123 and i am much more content with the new score.

Forum Member

how is the city ranking ppl? for example someone w a score of 89 is ranked 2, while someone with a 90 is ranked 70 something

Forum Member

i was going to say that, the email clearly explains what happened. and yes def more content with the new score, you know what "it is what it is" even if i didn't make the cut i'm sure everything happens for a reason, i'm no one to say that i deserve the position over someone else, we all come from different walks of life; therefore, i continue to stay positive and motivated because being upset at something you have no control over is truly a waste of time. trust me, i felt horrible when i got that original uncorrected score, but i have no control over it so i just let things fall into place on its own. hope to see some of you guys at orientation and pat in the future!

Forum Member

Did they add cert points to score? The email first states "test score" and later states that cert points have been added. A bit confusing.

How far did they get on the last list? The last recruitment was 2009, and the last class, from that list, was this past March. I think that they might have gone through a good part of that list.

Good luck guys. Do well. It isn't the end of the world if you are not in the top 120. Not everyone passes the PAT and backgrounds. So keep your records clean and your attitude positive.

Forum Member

The reason why the top 3 guys are there are because they are diasbled veterans. They get put on top the list no matter what score they got. All they had to do was pass the test. Hope this clears everyones concern and good luck to everyone...

Forum Member

Does anyone feel the scores are still wrong? Or at least some of them? My score went down and I thought I did really well this time. It was my second time taking the test and I studied a great deal and knew the LPS inside and out. I have been calling, but no reply. Do we have a right to have our individual scores reviewed?

Did everyone see the article in the Herald?

Forum Member

The article lays it out straight forward:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/05/2...lated-for.html

Forum Member

So I guess according to the article only one class I guess.

Forum Member

It definitely will not be less than two classes, or so I believe. The city hired 4 to 5 classes during the last process, and I'm pretty sure this list is good for two years

Forum Member

EMSdave1979- I feel the same way. This is the 2nd time I take this test and I felt I did way better than the last time in 2009. I studied hard... When I received my results on 5/20th I told myself something is wrong. This can't be right... When they sent out an email stating the scores were incorrect then it made sense to me. New results came out, my passing score went lower and I scored lower than the last time I took it in 2009 which was even more confusing. It does not make sense to be honest. I know for a fact that I did better this time around however I scored lower... I have not bothered to call or complain about it. It's a mess...
    Last edited by Siklude; 05-29-2013 at 06:01 PM.

Thread Information