Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: City Of Miami 2013

Forum Member

Jag084 it says it clearly in the email what happened. I felt the same way miamifire123 and i am much more content with the new score.

Forum Member

how is the city ranking ppl? for example someone w a score of 89 is ranked 2, while someone with a 90 is ranked 70 something

Forum Member

i was going to say that, the email clearly explains what happened. and yes def more content with the new score, you know what "it is what it is" even if i didn't make the cut i'm sure everything happens for a reason, i'm no one to say that i deserve the position over someone else, we all come from different walks of life; therefore, i continue to stay positive and motivated because being upset at something you have no control over is truly a waste of time. trust me, i felt horrible when i got that original uncorrected score, but i have no control over it so i just let things fall into place on its own. hope to see some of you guys at orientation and pat in the future!

Forum Member

Did they add cert points to score? The email first states "test score" and later states that cert points have been added. A bit confusing.

How far did they get on the last list? The last recruitment was 2009, and the last class, from that list, was this past March. I think that they might have gone through a good part of that list.

Good luck guys. Do well. It isn't the end of the world if you are not in the top 120. Not everyone passes the PAT and backgrounds. So keep your records clean and your attitude positive.

Forum Member

The reason why the top 3 guys are there are because they are diasbled veterans. They get put on top the list no matter what score they got. All they had to do was pass the test. Hope this clears everyones concern and good luck to everyone...

Forum Member

Does anyone feel the scores are still wrong? Or at least some of them? My score went down and I thought I did really well this time. It was my second time taking the test and I studied a great deal and knew the LPS inside and out. I have been calling, but no reply. Do we have a right to have our individual scores reviewed?

Did everyone see the article in the Herald?

Forum Member

The article lays it out straight forward:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/05/2...lated-for.html

Forum Member

So I guess according to the article only one class I guess.

Forum Member

It definitely will not be less than two classes, or so I believe. The city hired 4 to 5 classes during the last process, and I'm pretty sure this list is good for two years

Forum Member

EMSdave1979- I feel the same way. This is the 2nd time I take this test and I felt I did way better than the last time in 2009. I studied hard... When I received my results on 5/20th I told myself something is wrong. This can't be right... When they sent out an email stating the scores were incorrect then it made sense to me. New results came out, my passing score went lower and I scored lower than the last time I took it in 2009 which was even more confusing. It does not make sense to be honest. I know for a fact that I did better this time around however I scored lower... I have not bothered to call or complain about it. It's a mess...
    Last edited by Siklude; 05-29-2013 at 05:01 PM.

Forum Member

Emsdave 1979- don't worry I am in the same boat, and pretty sure there's plenty of us feeling the same way. On may 20 first email my score was 94, corrected score was a 84, I went from #49 to 200. This is my second attempt at this test and i felt I did much better this time around. I did call and complain, just like people called the first time around and complain. How do we know they didn't mess up AGAIN...

Something I find very weird some people scores stayed the same and highest scored first time around was a 97%. If there was an error shouldn't there have been a test with 100% , the one they mistakenly used as the key. Whatever it is what it is.

Forum Member

I told myself the same thing. It is what it is...

Forum Member

Someone did score a hundred on the first time around I have the email and picture proof.

Forum Member

Exactly my point.. If the first test was used as a key that person shouldve scored a perfect PLUS points which would've been 103/104 depending on what that person has as certs..

So when is Hialeah hiring.. Lol

Forum Member

How many people on here 1) got a better/ worse score? 2) Improved or worsened?
    Last edited by thehaligan2013; 05-30-2013 at 11:06 AM.

Forum Member

Good afternoon gents ! Just like many described in the Miami herald article the 2nd results from the test has left me out of
    Contention for any upcoming classes but I do wonder if such accident or malfunction has occurred again . Not taking away from the individuals who have score well, congrats to you. But like most I was confident I scored well n I did according to the 1st score. I believe this has to do more then "oops we used the wrong answer key" here's your new score..knowing how long and hard i studied the results shocked me. Nevertheless, a VERY good source also told me the city will be hiring 4 classes of 40 from this lists and the for every 1 vacancy they need 3 candidates... So if you figure out the math you should at least have a notion as too where you land on this list.
    And Thanks for the info

Forum Member

Did anyone get the phone call from the city today?

Forum Member

Wassup JAG084, is there a reason up the phone call from the city ?

Forum Member

I have friends today that received phone calls today for orientation for June 11.

Forum Member

Damn how I wish it was me .. But all we can do is wait and see..my guess is that they will call about 420 candidates for the 160 positions over the next 2 years.. If this 3 to 1 ratio is true and they hire 4 classes.

Thread Information