Like Tree4Likes

Thread: City Of Miami 2013

Forum Member

Emsdave 1979- don't worry I am in the same boat, and pretty sure there's plenty of us feeling the same way. On may 20 first email my score was 94, corrected score was a 84, I went from #49 to 200. This is my second attempt at this test and i felt I did much better this time around. I did call and complain, just like people called the first time around and complain. How do we know they didn't mess up AGAIN...

Something I find very weird some people scores stayed the same and highest scored first time around was a 97%. If there was an error shouldn't there have been a test with 100% , the one they mistakenly used as the key. Whatever it is what it is.

Forum Member

I told myself the same thing. It is what it is...

Forum Member

Someone did score a hundred on the first time around I have the email and picture proof.

Forum Member

Exactly my point.. If the first test was used as a key that person shouldve scored a perfect PLUS points which would've been 103/104 depending on what that person has as certs..

So when is Hialeah hiring.. Lol

Forum Member

How many people on here 1) got a better/ worse score? 2) Improved or worsened?
    Last edited by thehaligan2013; 05-30-2013 at 11:06 AM.

Forum Member

Good afternoon gents ! Just like many described in the Miami herald article the 2nd results from the test has left me out of
    Contention for any upcoming classes but I do wonder if such accident or malfunction has occurred again . Not taking away from the individuals who have score well, congrats to you. But like most I was confident I scored well n I did according to the 1st score. I believe this has to do more then "oops we used the wrong answer key" here's your new score..knowing how long and hard i studied the results shocked me. Nevertheless, a VERY good source also told me the city will be hiring 4 classes of 40 from this lists and the for every 1 vacancy they need 3 candidates... So if you figure out the math you should at least have a notion as too where you land on this list.
    And Thanks for the info

Forum Member

Did anyone get the phone call from the city today?

Forum Member

Wassup JAG084, is there a reason up the phone call from the city ?

Forum Member

I have friends today that received phone calls today for orientation for June 11.

Forum Member

Damn how I wish it was me .. But all we can do is wait and see..my guess is that they will call about 420 candidates for the 160 positions over the next 2 years.. If this 3 to 1 ratio is true and they hire 4 classes.

Forum Member

I go hope it is 4 classes for 160 but I am hearing that it is more so like 2 classes in one year. Then scrap the list and do another test for 4 classes

Forum Member

Yes, ocean i hope for that to stand true. I don't understand how a process could continue on amidst the controversy. but o well I guess sit back and wait for the county !

Forum Member

Yea well I hope the city does hire the 200 or so they need and I do hope the county goes through the entire 940 people on their list so that everyone has a chance.

Forum Member

I spoke to a HR testing/validation supervisor for the county last week and yes she still remains adamant that they WILL exhaust the list based on background/psych eliminations alone, as for the city my friend who works there stated a memo was sent to all fire employees forecasting the future of the dept and 200 new hires is on the agenda over the next couple years.
    So keep hope alive my brother !

Forum Member

So the city clearly stated they're calling back for orientation based on the test scores, but they're calling people with random numbers and no one who's done well anyone got any info?

Forum Member

Ebent9087- So they are randomly calling people back ? I was under the impression they were going in order.

Forum Member

Yea it's weird. I have a friend rank 80 didn't get a call and 102 did.

Forum Member

They clearly stated in the page were the results are that they're calling back from highest to lowest but I've even heard of people in the 160s getting called back an a friend of mine has a 95 nothing.

That same friend called the city and was told they were calling people with experience, he has 3 years on a volunteer department works as a medic with me and is an ACLS instructer but they told him he's not getting a call, yet another friend of mine ranked 87 got a call Nd he has zero experience

Forum Member

I think they're calling based on prior work experience as well. Who knows though. I know guys ranked in 20's 30's and 60's who did not get called.

Also I don't believe there is any amount of studying you can do to pass this test. I believe its mainly testing your listening skills, and ability to take good notes. Good luck to everyone.

Forum Member

Does anyone have any clue how many phone calls went out for orientation?

Forum Member

Whoever got called for orientation that doesn't have any experience knows somebody in the dept and has connections. All of a sudden, now they require experience and are not looking at the scores.

Forum Member

Geez I have never seen so much twist and turns for a process. It's ridiculous. And you guys really think they aren't looking for rank but more of work experience ? Man, if that's the I think I should gotten a call and text or something. I've been on for 5yrs on my dept n have multiple certs and still got no ring... How sure are you guys they want experience oppose rank ?

Forum Member

Very reliable source told me experience nor rank had much to do with this, they had sent out orientation letters prior to the test being corrected a d instead of fixing the problem it was kept as is, we were suppose to be called back based on rank, that's how they always do it, so I'm guessing they'll get it fixed for the second class or so I hope

Forum Member

My opinion city of Miami still one of, if not the best fire department, just my opinion no matter how they chose those that got the call all we can do is sit and wait I still think they'll hire atleast three more classes from this list

Forum Member

I called headquarters and I spoke to a captain and he said they were getting ppl with experience, also that they're not looking at the scores or rank. I scored a 90 and was ranked 78 but have no work experience. They're not calling based on score or rank, they're just bouncing around.

Thread Information