Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: City Of Miami 2013

Forum Member

I know someone ranked 189 got a call.. Not a medic w/ no job exp or anything..

Forum Member

Not surprised, orientation letters were sent out from the scores on the first list and never recalled, and as far as I heard for the rest if the candidates they needed they just randomly picked who ever had any experience, but most candidates I heard were chosen from the first uncorrected list, hopefully they fix it for the second class

Forum Member

I don't think that's true either I was ranked 49 on old list n didn't recieve anything ..who knows what's really going on ..

Forum Member

From what I got when I called HR is that all veterans get a call back as long as they pass the test.

Forum Member

Honestly, This class will be hard to get hired with because you are competing with vets. I figured all vet would get called first.

Forum Member

Ffgonzo you work for the city? I remember during my rides a while back a firefighter by gonzo.

Forum Member

No man, I'm on the same boat as everyone here. Trying to get on with the city and just disappointed with how this process is going. It is what it is...

Forum Member

I truly believe the city messed this up, and are now just going with it. But as many have said it is what it is. On a brighter note the mdfr 1st recruit class is starting Monday which means the next batch should be hearing something within the next couple months..
    Stay up!

Forum Member

I agree with "it is what it is," and you can't hang your head forever. But I don't agree with accepting the HR's incompetence and lack of transparency just because it's the way it's always been. Numerous attempts to get an answer this week as to how the City is picking candidates to continue in the selection process has turned up nothing, so this speculation leads to me thinking that the process is unjust and arbitrary (it also makes me think why I even studied the damn LPS). Follow-up article from the Herald anyone?

Forum Member

305 NTH - I agree 1000%, who know what really when on for those 2-3 days after the "incorrect" scores came out. Honestly the LPS IS BOGUS And believe it serves it's purpose which is to eliminate people.but does it apply to job ? I don't think so. We can all agree that the test result doesn't necessarily dictate whose the best firefighter for the job...but it's city way unfortunately !

Forum Member

I cannot wrap my head around people saying "it is what it is"....

Forum Member

I've tried to get answers myself as to how people were chosen and all I ever get it "call this number, and they can give you an answer"

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ado79 View Post
    I cannot wrap my head around people saying "it is what it is"....
    See this post for your answer:

Quote Originally Posted by FFGonzo View Post
    I've tried to get answers myself as to how people were chosen and all I ever get it "call this number, and they can give you an answer"

Forum Member

Does any one have that number cause Id sure like to know how the chose

Forum Member

Has anyone received a letter from the City stating that your name has been removed from the Eligibility list due to your test results (letter provided date when test was taken) even though you passed??? I passed the test, received the email with my passing score and I am on the list through the website however I received this letter. Even with the first "supposedly incorrect" scores I had still passed so it can't be from those results. Just curious to know if anyone else got this

Forum Member

Siklude, did you receive the second email telling you that you had a corrected passing score? If so, and your name is on the list online, then that just goes to show how badly they've screwed this up.

Forum Member

Damn that's a new one ! I haven't receive anything neither but at this point I can expect anything. I spoke to a high fire rescue official today and he confirmed that they aren't looking for high ranking this time around but that the city is trying to bring people with a experience for the most part, he states some without experience sneaked in the process. But exprience is what they are looking for, he did say the city is doing things a bit different this around.
    Hope this helps a bit

Forum Member

Also if you go into review your test its just a waste of time.. All you do is look at your scan tron they don't even provide any answers.. At this point anything we all say, think, or believe its all pointless.. There in too deep into the process to change anything around.. Lets all just hope they get around to our number ..

Forum Member

Another rumor I heard while I was there checking my test.. Hr gave fire chief a list of top 200 n he randomly selected 130.. If that's the case.. At this point our scores are useless anyways

Forum Member

Sal that's exactly what I heard, and this is from some one very reliable.

Thread Information