Like Tree4Likes

Thread: City Of Miami 2013

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Siklude View Post
    Has anyone received a letter from the City stating that your name has been removed from the Eligibility list due to your test results (letter provided date when test was taken) even though you passed??? I passed the test, received the email with my passing score and I am on the list through the website however I received this letter. Even with the first "supposedly incorrect" scores I had still passed so it can't be from those results. Just curious to know if anyone else got this
    I got the letter as well. Scored a 94 but have no experience. I thought I'd be on the list for at least 2 years (especially with the need the City has), but now I'm plain confused.
    Last edited by 305 NTH; 06-08-2013 at 05:54 PM.

Forum Member

I spoke to a friend that is going to orientation on tuesday and he told me that as of now they are only going to hire veterans

Forum Member

Wow I wonder how many letters were sent out?

Forum Member

Hernfire out of curiosity is your friend a vet him self? And I've also heard they may do one or two classes and scrap the current list to use the new test they were working on for future hires.

Forum Member

Man, there are so many rumors I don't know what to believe anymore. If its meant to be, it'll be... There is nothing we can do at this point.

Forum Member

I just spoke to a battalion chief for the city I personally know and he explains to me that the city Is now trying a new method of hiring personnel. He did confirm what you guys have been saying for the last couple days ... The people selected has NOTHING to do with your ranking on the list. He stated that administration only is looking for veterans and exprienced people to staff they're trucks. He mentioned that the few that got call back that weren't exprienced had to be called in order to keep they're SAFER grant money. He mentioned that they are sending letters advising people that they are been removed from the list but they he hasn't found why. He thinks it's the exprience factor again. Hope this info helps. As of now I would dwell on our scores anymore because that's the least they are looking At this point.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ado79 View Post
    Siklude, did you receive the second email telling you that you had a corrected passing score? If so, and your name is on the list online, then that just goes to show how badly they've screwed this up.
    Yes, I received my 2nd passing score. I am still on the list online. I have been working as a Paramedic for a major hospital in the ER Department for several years now. Prior to that I worked for an ambulance company for over 2 years. As far as experience are they only looking for Firefighters/Paramedics who work for a department? I am confused... I am currently on the list online through the website but this letter completely threw me off.
    Last edited by Siklude; 06-10-2013 at 09:57 AM.

Forum Member

Siklude have you tried calling them to see what this letter is all about ? And the hell are you getting booted even though you passed ? I dk what they want I work for a fire dept in Broward for 7yrs and I'm still waiting on something! This is a joke ! I don't even think the city know what they want.

Forum Member

I dont know whats the city's problem........ Im just going to hope Palm Beach County comes through

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by firemedic0801 View Post
    Siklude have you tried calling them to see what this letter is all about ? And the hell are you getting booted even though you passed ? I dk what they want I work for a fire dept in Broward for 7yrs and I'm still waiting on something! This is a joke ! I don't even think the city know what they want.
    . To be honest I have not even tried calling. I just feel like it will be a waste of time. They know who they want and who they have selected. It's all about who you know nowadays brother. I think many would agree with me. It is what it is.
    Last edited by Siklude; 06-10-2013 at 12:09 PM.

Forum Member

I completely agree. Its who you know. But you should call and confirm. It wouldn't hurt.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFGonzo View Post
    I completely agree. Its who you know. But you should call and confirm. It wouldn't hurt.
    You are right about that... It would not hurt. Is there a certain number I should be calling or would it be HR department?

Forum Member

Good morning gents ! Has anyone heard any new details ??

Forum Member

As per officers at orientation. About 640 passed and they got the top 265 based off the test rank. Those 265 were passed from HR to Fire Rescue HQ. The top 105 were selected by personnel in Fire Rescue off no specific criteria from my understanding. They except to hire 35 this first class starting September 23. They have 180-190 in the drop with guys retiring by the month. It doesnt appear that they will start a new list after a class or two. They made several references about possibly going through the entire list. Hope this helps good luck to all

Forum Member

Michealsm13- thanks for the update its appreciated! Did you make the 1st cut? They plan to lose 180-190 just this month alone? And did they mention how many guys they want over the next year? Do you actually think they'll dip down to the 70s for hire ?

Forum Member

I think he meant gradually... Not all at the same time.

Forum Member

If the ppl they selected right now dont pass the backgrounds PAT etc. Will the dept contact others on the current list?

Forum Member

Well if this hold try that they possibly want to go thru the list then it's good news. I think they won't contact anyone unless they can pick up 35 out of 105. But I doubt it. I think they will keep shrinking the amount of ppl without replacing them until they begin a new class

Forum Member

Did anyone else also receive the disqualifying email even tho they passed the test even with the corrections? My buddy just got one and he was ranked in the 200s? And does any know when the when are they starting to do the pats?

Forum Member

Are the guys receiving those emails the ones going to HR an reviewing their test?

I just came from HR n saw my test I missed a total of 14 questions the entire test of 120 questions.. My corrected score was n 85% including points.. Makes no sense the [DR] that admister our test said the test is not based on percentage of right or wrong..

No point in arguing with these ppl

Forum Member

Sal08- that's crazy man! So what are they evaluating ? Per Dr. Kraus

Forum Member

He said he didn't have to tell me that info.. It's confidential . I figured it was based on percentage but I guess not.. He also said test scores are based on how other people test, so the more ppl that score high scores the harder it is to score high .. Makes no sense

Forum Member

Wow! That's insane ! From my buddies that work at the city relay this Fella is on the hot seat because this is not the 1st time this gentlemen has screwed up a process, recently a Drivers exam was also royally screwed up. So basically they are curving it, not evaluating by scores = no legit reasoning for chosen candidates. Im Lost........ On the other hand I hear MDFR is starting to patch numbers for 2nd round guys.

Forum Member

Goodmorning guys! I just spoke to Captain Plasencia from the city, he is involved in the choosing of candidates for the dept. He states that the city will only hire 2 classes from this list and that the city WILL do another list with a COMPLETELY new testing procedure next year, his words were "we are going to do another list due to the controversy n theyre a bunch ton of guys retiring This list will NOT be valid for 2 yrs". He stated the LPS system is completely outdated. He stated 265 were given to the fire dept and 105 were contacted for orientation. And for everyone person they lose one will be added to the list for a the next class.

Forum Member

So are they going to call another 105 for the next class? Or the 105 they contacted now is for both?

Thread Information