Forum Member

Default Can One Become a CPAT Proctor or PFT Without Being a Firefighter?

As a fitness trainer, I have heavily researched the CPAT and put together a new training program that I believe will guarantee (given adequate time in relation to fitness level) will assure passing the CPAT or Physical Test. This is not a how-to book or a dvd, but a hands-on planned workout led by a fitness trainer. I am curious as to how to become a CPAT proctor and was wondering how/if that is possible as I am not a firefighter. Would it be a conflict of interest since I also train firefighters to pass the CPAT? Also, I know Cooper Aerobics in Dallas has a firefighter trainer certification and I am am currently certified through Cooper's personal trainer program but I was told the firefighter personal trainer was really more of a marketing strategy and wouldn't really convey any extra knowledge. Given all that, how can I best add credentials (or hire someone with those credentials) to back my knowledge? I'm not opposed to traveling out of town but also don't want to waste time collecting letters after my name that don't really mean anything. THANKS FOR ANY AND ALL ASSISTANCE!!!

Forum Member

I know Cooper Exercises in Facilities has a fireman instructor documentation and I am am currently qualified through Cooper's fitness instructor program but I was told the fireman fitness instructor was really more of a technique and wouldn't really express any extra knowledge.

Thread Information