Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By BeachFFOBX
  • 1 Post By IndyS3

Thread: Beech Grove, Decatur, Pike, Wayne- Indiana

Forum Member

Default Beech Grove, Decatur, Pike, Wayne- Indiana

Thought I'd start a thread. Just got my test date and time. June 2 at 08:00. Anybody know how many test times there are? I know someone else who's testing at 13:00 on June 2. I've heard that Pike is looking to hire 10-18. I've heard from a Wayne firefighter that they're just starting a list. If you have any other info let's hear it.

Forum Member

I haven't received my test time, but have been told I test on June 2 and that my time to test will be coming in the mail soon. Haven't heard any details on how many each department is hiring, your post is the first I've heard on "numbers to be hired" or "just starting a list". Good luck either way!

Forum Member

June 2nd at 1300 for me.

Forum Member

June 2nd at 1300 as well here! And I've heard from a pike ff at least 10..

Forum Member

1300 on the 2nd. Have no idea whose hiring how many...

Keep us posted if you do.

Forum Member

Well how did everyone think they did? I think I did well enough to move on, but the test had some questions I wasn't expecting. Also do you remember the dates they set aside for the ladder climb?

Forum Member

I thought it went pretty well myself. We'll just have to wait and see how it plays out. Not sure on the dates for the ladder climb or the fitness testing. Thought I heard sometime mid June

Forum Member

I ditched it! I know it was stupid- but Ive already been through an academy and military bootcamp! I have a good shot with another department in the area and didn't want to waste anyones time. I know all excuses- but I still wish all the guys/gals going forward the best of luck!!!

Forum Member

What dept? Cuz there's not many departments in my opinion that would be better than the ones in this process!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BackSteppin View Post
    What dept? Cuz there's not many departments in my opinion that would be better than the ones in this process!
    At the point where I am at I would rather not to say as to not affect my status with them. On the other you say better department, but I think that is all matter of opinion and what an individual is looking for. I am currently a Paramedic and certified FF. I have many years in the military (not that it matters which department I join) and do not want to be away from my family for extended periods of time for another fire academy, as I have already done with the military and my previous department. When you say better remember what is better for one is relative to the situation. I am sure these department having the hiring process for you right now are better, but for me they are not. I do however appreciate your respect for them and I am sure they are good places to work. But for me I have found a department that appreciates my specific skill set and would rather take a job that I know will make me happy rather than just applying everywhere and hoping I get accepted to advance to the next level and eventually hired. Good luck to you on your further process.
    mjax14 likes this.

Forum Member

I am deep in the process with Westfield but I still went and took the test. I too am ex-military and a certified FF but have learned that nothing is guaranteed.
    BackSteppin likes this.

Forum Member

Received my letter today for interview. Very excited and nervous! Anyone else hear anymore about #'s left or how many they plan to hire? Good luck to all!

Forum Member

I received my letter this week as well. My interview is in the morning on the 8th. I'm not too sure how many individuals are left in the process nor how many they plan to hire.

Anyone else have any insight?

Good Luck!!

Forum Member

I got my letter Monday, and my interview is scheduled for the 12th and I haven't heard of anything other than the paper saying only 200 people are moving forward..
    Best of luck to everyone moving on!

Forum Member

Has anyone heard anything since our packets were due?

Forum Member

I received my letter letting us know our rankings about 2 weeks ago. Has anyone gotten any offers? or any other information?
    Last edited by kyle_heerdink; 09-24-2013 at 10:59 AM.

Thread Information