Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Las Vegas Firefighter Trainee 2013

Forum Member

Post Application process was a joke

[QUOTE=ksorenson11;1372394]Congrats on getting your app in. I was in the process of applying and in the time it took me to scan in my license and EMT certs the 500 limit was reached. That was around 7:50am. Good luck to ya![/QUOTE

Ya, I missed putting my app in by a few minutes for the same reason. It sucks being penalized for following directions. When directions say "you must attach valid ID" I figured Id better do so, otherwise my app would have been submitted at 7:30. Then come to find out that they sent an email after it closed saying, if you didn't attach your ID on the original to do so now. All good though, have my chiefs interview for Tempe,AZ this week and Henderson Orals in a few weeks. Good luck to all that past cities test!

MembersZone Subscriber

A friend of mine scored a 88% and is in group 2. He also received a invitation for a interview. I guess the city dipped into group 2. My only assumption is that not to many applicants scored 90% or higher. Good luck everyone!
    Last edited by nnfra200302; 08-07-2013 at 01:06 AM.

Forum Member

Has anyone heard of anybody scoring in the high 90's? I would imagine some vets are up in that range.

According to the job description the test was weighted 100% and the interview coming up is either with the Fire Chief or a designee. Has anyone contacted HR to confirm this??

Thanks.

Forum Member

Default --

Quote Originally Posted by NWDREX2 View Post
    Has anyone heard of anybody scoring in the high 90's? I would imagine some vets are up in that range.

According to the job description the test was weighted 100% and the interview coming up is either with the Fire Chief or a designee. Has anyone contacted HR to confirm this??

Thanks.
    I haven't heard of anyone in the high 90's no, but I don't know too many people in the process. I would imagine some veterans are up there. I"ve heard of other processes where the job notice states the exam is weighted 100%, but people who didn't score as high as others were actually moving on or even getting hired, so I'm not sure. That wasn't regarding this department, and it's only things I've read on here, but I"ve been wondering that as well.

I emailed HR about a week ago regarding CPAT and reciprocity but not about the interview. Haven't gotten a reply yet. Personally, I don't wanna be flooding their inbox with questions so I'll probably wait for a reply to those questions before I ask any new ones but I've been checking here to see if anyone else has heard anything. Would be nice to know what type of interview to best prepare for. If you or anyone else hears anything, please share.
    NWDREX2 likes this.

Forum Member

Did anyone else get an email about scheduling a CPAT who passed the written exam?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by benskiii View Post
    Did anyone else get an email about scheduling a CPAT who passed the written exam?
    Yup, sure did.

Forum Member

Does anyone know how many oral boards they're having?

Forum Member

According to the job posting this is the only oral board. The test was weighed 100% and the oral board was part of the final process of hiring. I heard 200 people were being interviewed (every one with over 80% on the written). That job posting can still be accessed if you log into Gov't jobs, click on application status, then click on Firefighter Trainee on the left.

Good luck!

Forum Member

During the time I spent at City Hall, I chatted with pretty much everyone I was around, and it sounds like 44 is the number being hired, with two academies of 22, the first one starting 1/6/2014. While I was being fitted for my turnouts, I jokingly mentioned "So you get to do this 194 times?" (There were 62 in group 1, and 132 in group 2) He responded " No, I think I only have 145 fittings." So, with that being said, it sounds like they set the interview cut-off somewhere in the middle of group 2.

Was anyone else asked (during their interview) "Have you tested with LVF & R before? How far did you make it?"

....speaking with two others from this site, I'm the only one of the three of us asked those questions, and we determined we had the same interview panel. If you were asked, PM me please....I have questions.

Good luck to all!
    Last edited by Thank You 4 Your Time; 09-19-2013 at 03:42 PM.

Forum Member

Does anyone remember what they said in the interview about notification of advancing on or not? Or any information of that sort?

Forum Member

I emailed her and she said we should receive emails by 9/30/13.

Forum Member

Alright great! Thanks
    NWDREX2 likes this.

MembersZone Subscriber

A friend of mine who also interviewed had asked the HR person a couple of questions as he was walking out. He told me that she said that 190 interviewed and 120 are advancing. Take it for what its worth but this info is coming from a credible source, that being HR.

Forum Member

Advancing as in another round of oral boards?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by benskiii View Post
    Advancing as in another round of oral boards?
    My friend said that she didn't specify. If 120 are advancing then I would assume that there will be another interview. Just my opinion.

Forum Member

did anyone else receive a conditional job offer?

Forum Member

Yes, I received the same email, and know of two others who also received it.

Did anyone else catch that October 14th is a federal holiday? I would think city offices would be closed that day.

Forum Member

Anyone get an offer from both city and Henderson?

Forum Member

Turned my packet in yesterday and learned a few things:

Your original documents are not needed at the time you submit your packet, bring them with you on the date you're scheduled to take the Suitability Assessment.

We are going to be interviewed about our Personal History Statements. Whether or not it's part of the psychological interview, I do not know.....going on a limb, I think one interview will be for Personal History, and another interview will occur after the results of the Suitability Assessment are generated.

And finally,....according to he HR woman I spoke to while handing my info in, there are over 200 people turning background packets.....was quite a bit higher than I expected.

Good luck!

Thread Information