Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Las Vegas Firefighter Trainee 2013

Forum Member

I know this waiting game is killing me as well. I'm hoping that something will happen tomorrow or the beginning of next week with thursday being a holiday. I would imagine they would want to get the word out before the long weekend, but who knows!

In regards to people being notified of disqualification or not moving on in the process, when I spoke with HR they said that people were being notified if they werent moving on in the process or disqualified this was on Monday. That being said I would assume if you havent heard anything from HR regarding not moving in the process your still in the running. Hopefully we will be updated soon!

Forum Member

Just passing some info along....I do know that at least one call was made today to someone for the poly.
    Last edited by tactics; 11-21-2013 at 03:42 PM.

Forum Member

Curiosity is getting to me as I've never been "this far" into the hiring process, can someone enlighten me to what is happening?

For example, as far as poly calls go, does the called candidate have to pass/fail their poly before the next candidate is contacted?

In another example, say HR is going off a "list",....and candidates 12-19 all fail their poly....then suddenly candidate #20 becomes candidate #12.....and so forth until 39 or so candidates are "cleared" for the proposed academies.

I'm asking these questions that may seem elementary to some, because I don't know how these last few stages work, and would appreciate the knowledge of those who have been through this before. (And, quite frankly, the nervousness is getting to me, lol.)

MembersZone Subscriber

I was scheduled today for my polygraph on December 11th. According to the person I spoke to in the investigations department, the polygraphs will most likely be occurring through the 3rd week of December. I was also informed that from the approximately 110 candidates that moved on to the psych/background, only about 50 were referred from HR to the investigations department for polygraph testing. I was also told that they want to hire around 40. Last but not least, I was told that if you get a polygraph, you stand a really, really good chance of getting the job! Keep the faith!
    Last edited by nnfra200302; 11-24-2013 at 12:46 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nnfra200302 View Post
    I was scheduled today for my polygraph on December 11th. According to the person I spoke to in the investigations department, the polygraphs will most likely be occurring through the 3rd week of December. I was also informed that from the approximately 110 candidates that moved on to the psych/background, only about 50 were referred from HR to the investigations department for polygraph testing. I was also told that they want to hire around 40. Last but not least, I was told that if you get a polygraph that you stand a really, really good chance of getting the job! Keep the faith!
    Interesting information, thanks for sharing! Has anyone else directly recieved a call themseleves (no friends or friends of friends). Just curious to see who has actually recieved a call for a scheduled poly. Best of luck!

MembersZone Subscriber

By the way, all the info in my previous post came from the investigations department. I was also informed by the investigations department that the polygraph is the last step in the hiring process before selections are made. FYI: I also spoke to HR today and was told that they are not handling the polygraphs. Keep the faith!

MembersZone Subscriber

The person I spoke to in the investigations department also said that the 50 or so candidates who are getting polygraphs are the ones being considered for hire. Just wanted to pass this along, as I forgot to mention this in my previous posts. Keep the faith!

Forum Member

Just curious to see if anyone else recieved a reimbursement check for the CPAT for those of you who took it? Should be coming soon for you, just got mine.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Kk_09 View Post
    Just curious to see if anyone else recieved a reimbursement check for the CPAT for those of you who took it? Should be coming soon for you, just got mine.
    I received mine on Friday.

Forum Member

I also received my check as well.

Quote Originally Posted by nnfra200302 View Post
    By the way, all the info in my previous post came from the investigations department. I was also informed by the investigations department that the polygraph is the last step in the hiring process before selections are made. FYI: I also spoke to HR today and was told that they are not handling the polygraphs. Keep the faith!
    I doubt the poly is last, they are not going to formally offer anyone a job until the medical physical is done. I know that background investigators are part of the process, but I would trust the information coming from HR more than background. HR is involved in the process from start to finish, background only knows what HR tells them.... I would say when they start scheduling physicals you should get excited. until then we are all just left to think, is it going to be our time or not.. Anyone who went to the end in the last process I'm sure knows that its just a hurry up and wait game, but I think that once selections are finally made the recruitment process will be smooth, and everything will be clearly explained. Good Luck to you all!
    Last edited by FireSpin; 11-25-2013 at 09:09 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FireSpin View Post
    I doubt the poly is last, they are not going to formally offer anyone a job until the medical physical is done. I know that background investigators are part of the process, but I would trust the information coming from HR more than background. HR is involved in the process from start to finish, background only knows what HR tells them.... I would say when they start scheduling physicals you should get excited. until then we are all just left to think, is it going to be our time or not.. Anyone who went to the end in the last process I'm sure knows that its just a hurry up and wait game, but I think that once selections are finally made the recruitment process will be smooth, and everything will be clearly explained. Good Luck to you all!
    I do think you have a valid point! It's a waiting game for us all. Thanks for the insight.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FireSpin View Post
    I fully understand that. Let me clarify what I was told from the investigations department. I was informed that they will select who they want after the polygraphs are completed but those selected will have to pass a medical screening and drug test. The information that I received from the investigations department, which I posted previously came from HR according to the person I spoke to in the investigations department. Keep the faith!

MembersZone Subscriber

This is just a guess of mine but to add to my previous post, maybe HR will invite those next in line to the medical screening and drug test (When that time comes) due to those not passing. Again, this is just a guess. As we all know things change all the time but am sure things will slowly come together. Remember to keep the faith because were all still in this process.
    Last edited by nnfra200302; 11-25-2013 at 11:34 PM.

Forum Member

Anyone get a call or hear new info? Some Job offer calls have been made.

Forum Member

Not yet....

Are the job offers being made after poly, drug test, and physical? (I'm assuming yes).... Are those three steps completed together, or a day apart?

Any idea how many job offer calls have been made?

Forum Member

I have no idea, the calls that I know of were after the poly, and it was an offer pending the physical, with a start date given.

MembersZone Subscriber

UPDATE: According to HR, conditional offers will be made once you complete your polygraph, the number to be hired is 40 and 6 conditional offers have been made so far. Its not guaranteed that you will get an offer but with approximately 50 moving on to the polygraph (This is according to the investigations department) one stands a really good chance of getting an offer. Once you get a conditional offer, you then complete a medical screening and drug test. Am getting anxious to get my polygraph done! Remember, keep the faith.

tbt
    MembersZone Subscriber

It's happening, ladies and gentlemen. I have my packet in hand with marching orders of what needs to be done next. I would just say that much of what was said over last few days is accurate and true.

For those that are local, let me know if anyone would like to get together prior to academy and go over some stuff.

For those that are out of state, let me know if there is anything I can do to help the transition. I have been here for a minute and might be able to help answer questions.

Merry Christmas!

Forum Member

tbt, for those of us who haven't been called, would you mind outlining yourself, as far as what you look like on paper so we can start forming an idea of "who's getting called"? Although the backgrounds of folks getting called may be varied, I have a feeling there are certain characteristics City is looking for (possibly beyond the obvious.) And just for fun, what did you score on the written?

Congratulations for pretty much making it on with LVF&R, I'm sure I'm not the only one who hopes to be in your shoes...

As for "marching orders" I'm presuming that's an outline of start dates, etc.?

Thread Information