Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1825262728293031 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 560 of 622
Like Tree379Likes

Thread: Lt. Ray hits another home run!

  1. #541
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bossier Parrish, Louisiana
    Posts
    10,562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ToDaRoof View Post
    LA, the next time you're out fundraising, please remind the people paying your bills that you don't care about them.
    There is a major difference between not caring for them, as you phrase it, and understanding the reality of the current situation, and not be able to change it.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.


  2. #542
    Forum Member FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee
    Posts
    9,920

    Default

    For a guy who claims to be college educated it isn't only sad, but hysterical, that you can't figure out the quote function.

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    So not only is your logic base pathetic, you are boring too. Imagine that. Black and white, right or wrong, no shades of gray, no wiggle room. No wonder it is so dam(n) easy for you to write of people and things. It isn't anything more than you simply don't care becaue your convoluted thought process won't allow you to.

    Either the building is safe to enter or not safe to enter. I either have enough resources to make entry or I don't. I either have the proper water supply or I don't. It's really not that complicated.

    I refuse to let crews enter when I think it "might" be safe, or they "might" have the right training or right experience. We are talking about the lives of the members, and either I have the resources, training, experience and command structure to support the operation or I don't. There is no "might" or "maybe".

    As far as victims in a structure, I will use my training and experience, but I will come up with a conclusion weather the victims are viable or not. I will not send crews in on a "maybe".



    Oh it is. Your way of thinking is pure poison and will destroy the image of the fire service.

    I really doubt that I have the influence to destroy any part of the fire service.

    But thanks for the compliment.


    It seems to be working in your little corner of the world.

    33 years in the fire service, all spent on AGGRESSIVE, INTERIOR FIRE ATTACK AND SEARCH fire departments, not one serious injury that required an overnight hospital stay. WAIT!! How can that be? We should all be dead...RIGHT LA? RIGHT? You see your stupid Black and White rationalizations allow for no use of leadership skills. You simply say "It is on fire, wait for AMA to arrive." BRILLIANT strategic plan.

    Don't really care about your experiences.

    The injury numbers speak for themselves, especially as fires are declining.

    Fires are hotter and burning faster. Buildings are becoming unstable and coming down sooner. And victims are dying much sooner in fires. The fact is the fires that we are responding to are more dangerous to firefighters, and it's getting worse and not better.


    Golly, then why aren't the numbers in my area skyrocketing like you say they should be? Rapid response, aggressive tactics, when conditions allow. We wait for no one, we do the job.

    Your black and white idiocy fails to take into account your very own assessment of your area. You have stated repeatedly that you have VERY FEW newer truss built homes. If that is the case why are they coming down faster? Oh that's right, they AREN'T, because they aren't light weight construction at all. Golly, I love using your very own words to make you look like a buffoon.


    Like saving lives? Like saving their home and possesions when you arrive at a fire in one or 2 rooms? Keep making excuses, so far it seems to be what you are best at.

    When there is sufficient manpower, both myself and the department will go interior. However we define that as a two man attack line, and a staffed backup line either on the ground or going on the ground with a dedicated exterior IC. To us, that makes for a safe operation for the members.

    When that is in play, we have no issues going interior for property. We will conduct an exterior/transitional attack until those resources arrive, then we will, conditions permitting, go interior.
    Property is simply not worth operating shorthanded interior with the accompanying the risk of significant injury.

    And by the way, those are the OSHA regulations as well.

    I have already discussed that we will deviate from that policy for viable lives, or structures that based on exterior indicators, have a high probability of current occupancy.


    We had ALL of that in Chenzo's operation. Funny thing they saved the house, were thanked by a grateful home owner, and didn't have to make a single excuse for pathetic performance.

    Pssssst...No one was injured either.


    With your core philosophy it surprises me your vfd has any members at all.

    Our core philosophy is no different than yours.

    Difference is that our members are the life safety priority, and we will not risk them unless there are resources on-scene to support those risks.


    Nonsense and you are delusional if you believe for one second your core philosophy is anything like anyone elses on here. Your very admission of your beliefs prove you wrong. I would kindly ask you not to even attempt to put your vfd on the same level as either of mine on any topic.

    WOWSER, you needed most of the vfd to handle a car fire? Dang now that is impressive.

    When we average a response of 6-7, yes, it takes a full response to handle most incidents.

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! For a car fire? Oh my God. It is no wonder at all that you can't begin to handle a structure fire if it takes the entire vfd to handle a car fire. But I'll bet the IC looked good standing off with his 2 radios. Was the AMA FD en route?

    Excuses to make you feel better. Nothing more.

    No, it's the history of fires in that part of the district.

    We can't change burn time.


    But if the phony stations that have no volunteers actually had people you could reduce response time. But then again yu would have to tell the truth about the pathetic mess you find yourself in.

    Well personally, I am a little bit yeah. On one hand, you're supposed to be a "fire department," but you can't conduct operations until a real fire department shows up. So yeah, it bothers me a little. On the other hand, I'm thankful at least someone in Louisiana is willing to show up and do the hard work that you refuse to do.

    Can't generally conduct INTERIOR operations safely until AMA shows up. Yes.

    The pathetic part is you are okay with them doing the heavy lifting and taking the risks for YOUR vfd's area.

    They offered.

    In fact, they offered so that they could get more fire time.

    Right now they do the bulk of our interior operations. And likely will for at least the next year, and it could be longer. We would prefer that to not be the case, but unless things change in terms of recruitment, they will be providing much of our manpower.

    They don't have an issue with it.


    Of course they offered, they are ooking to see how many responses they will make over there in a year or so and then they will move to take you over and take the tax revenue that is being essentially wasted now. Mark my word Bobby, it is coming.


    The truth is simply this, YES, there are times we can't change the outcome and people will die. The difference is a firefighter is not so cavalier about it and would never say things like "People die, get over it." Jesus man, don't you have one shred of human compassion or decency? How about you tell your board and citizens that little gem...How about you tell one of your citizens that is unfortunate enough to lose a family member that...You see when you put it in that context you come across as a completely insensitive3 bastard that has no business being involved in the fire service.

    Cold? probably, but that is the reality.

    It is reality but the way you say it is almost gleeful in your desire to cover your own pathetic azz.

    Looking at a situation and evaluating the best actions that will protect my members and may change the outcome has nothing to do with compassion and decency. It has to do with decisions that will allow my members to go home after every incident. if that's cold, so be it.


    In the cab of the truck "Okay, boys, you stand on the left side of the building on the lawn, you guys stand on the right side on the lawn. But don't get too close the house is on fire."

    From what you've posted you have little to support your opinion.

    I guess it really doesn't matter to me who is the toughest and bravest.

    Um, duh? Thank you Mr Obvious. I don't care, or it doesn't matter, or get over it. Great mantras for the fire service.

    More excuses...your best skill.

    Excuses? Maybe. I call them the tings that will keep us from taking excessive or unjustified risks.

    And when you have nothing else you return to the everyone else actually doing the job is a suicidal maniac rushing into buildings on fire. Funny how you have no trouble sending the AMA guys inside places YOU won't do more than a quick "duck in and peak' to.

    Possible. But unlikely.

    Oh? And how do you know that?

    Training. Experience. See "people die in fires" above.

    Well, the truth is the odds of people dying inside a building on fire go up algerbraically when you refuse to enter and save them when conditions allow.

    The northern area? You mean where those 2 stations that have no staffing are located? The sham houses for the phony rating?

    We play by the same rules that every other department in the state plays by.

    So if everyone is a sham that doesn't tell their citizens and board the truth that is okay? Your absolutely pathetic in you rationalizing your sham operation.

    You don't care seems to be your default answer. You don't care about people dying, you don't care about homes and businesses burning down, you don't care about not having the balls to tell the citizens and the baord the truth about how unprotected they are, you don't care about stories of other FDs with far less than you have doing far more. You really are a sad little man...

    I care about doing my primary job, which is keeping my people unhurt and able to go to work after the incident.

    Bla blah blah...you really should go back to handing out coloring books and deluding yourself into believing it is as important as actually saving lives and property.

    So you've wasted money, wasted even more money, and then called someone in to do the actual work for you.

    Those are your words, not mine.

    Why would anyone expect you to tell the truth now?
    Tell the citizens and the board the truth...it will be far less painful than being exposed as a fraud.
    Last edited by FyredUp; 07-10-2013 at 10:02 PM.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

  3. #543
    Forum Member FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee
    Posts
    9,920

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    There is a major difference between not caring for them, as you phrase it, and understanding the reality of the current situation, and not be able to change it.
    Not the way you have said it here. I bet your citizens would love to know your attitude about fire deaths is: "They happen, get over it."
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

  4. #544
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bossier Parrish, Louisiana
    Posts
    10,562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slackjawedyokel View Post
    Trying to reason with you know who -is like trying to explain to a patient in an insane asylum that he shouldn't be eating his own feces. He has his own reality and in his mind he is eating prime rib. After a while it just becomes an exercise in futility.
    I'll mak e it very simple.

    A this point in time, most of the time, we do not have the resources or manpower to make a safe interior attack ( exterior IC, initial attack line, staffed backup line & pump operator). It has nothing to do with want. It has to do with the reality of the staffing.

    Because of that we generally cannot safely operate interior until the AMA engine arrives.

    It's all about the members going to work the next day.

    How complicated is that?
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

  5. #545
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bossier Parrish, Louisiana
    Posts
    10,562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Not the way you have said it here. I bet your citizens would love to know your attitude about fire deaths is: "They happen, get over it."
    Most fire deaths the fire department can do nothing to change the outcome.

    They happen. That's the reality. And no, I won't lose any sleep over something that I had no chance to impact.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

  6. #546
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    2,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FireMedic049 View Post
    Uhhmmm, from your own statements you've pretty much stated that you and your VFD in fact don't make "every effort to do just that".

    And exactly where do we not make every effort to operate interior whenever possible?

    That doesn't mean that we are able to operate interior every time, but certainly we make the effort, and when the trained and experienced manpower allows us to do so, as well as the fire conditions, we do operate interior.

    Yes, there are times that we don't, and it's not because we are not making the effort, but it's simply because we do not have either the quantity or quality of interior members on scene to operate safely.

    making arrangements for AMA to supplement our limited interior manpower is making an effort. Increasing live fire training is making an effort. Increasing recruiting operations for both interior and exterior members in making an effort.

    So exactly where are we not making efforts?
    Yes, you may be making some efforts, but your claim was "every effort". Part of "every effort" would include not making excuse after excuse for why you can't do this or can't do that.

    And that's been acknowledged and addressed multiple times.

    But yet there are those that still seem to have the expectations that every department should be able to operate interior all of the time.
    No, the expectation is that any organization billing themselves as a FIRE DEPARTMENT is prepared to do so.

    NO, they absolutely aren't! The fact that you believe that and would make that claim shows that your buffoonery knows no limits!

    If the community defines them as such, they are a fire department, or at least are a fire department in the eyes of the community.
    However, that doesn't rule out the possibility that the "fire department" has been presenting a facade to the community. Just because they think they have one, doesn't mean they actually have a FIRE DEPARTMENT.


    And in the end, that is really all that matters.
    Until they have a fire and need an actual FIRE DEPARTMENT.

    What actually really matters in the end, is that the incident is properly mitigated and injuries & property damage are minimized as much as possible.
    Chenzo likes this.

  7. #547
    Forum Member FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee
    Posts
    9,920

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    Most fire deaths the fire department can do nothing to change the outcome.

    They happen. That's the reality. And no, I won't lose any sleep over something that I had no chance to impact.
    It isn't the reality that people die and sometimes we can't do anything about it. What is so appalling is your azzhole, cavalier, whoop dee freaking doo, who gives a dam(n) somebody died in a fire it ain't my problem time for bed MOTHER F***ING pathetic disgusting inhumane why the hell are you even a firefighter attitude. There is no excuse for it. We all know people die, but none of us are yawning and acting like it doesn't mean a God Damned thing because none of your VFD members got a boo boo. I really wish some of your citizens would read the absolute horse schitt you post here. Because I think whatever stature you believe you have would be gone in a blink of an eye. Guys like you pretending to be firefighters just make me want to puke up my entire intestinal tract.
    Chenzo likes this.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

  8. #548
    Forum Member FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee
    Posts
    9,920

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    I'll mak e it very simple.

    A this point in time, most of the time, we do not have the resources or manpower to make a safe interior attack ( exterior IC, initial attack line, staffed backup line & pump operator). It has nothing to do with want. It has to do with the reality of the staffing.

    Because of that we generally cannot safely operate interior until the AMA engine arrives.

    It's all about the members going to work the next day.

    How complicated is that?
    Apparently it is so complicated you prefer to perpetrate the sham of actually having a fire department instead of going to the board and the citizens and saying "Folks, until the AMA FD arrives we simply can't guarantee we can do a damn thing to positively affect the outcome of your house fire. In fact if they are busy odds are if you are inside you will die and your house and everything in it will be destroyed. Now comes the hard part...What do you as a board and citizens of this community want us to do?"

    You are right, it isn't really that complicated.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

  9. #549
    Let's talk fire trucks! BoxAlarm187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    3,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    It's all about the members going to work the next day.
    This made me think of something that you said some time ago: that if your family was trapped in a house fire, you "wouldn't let the firefighters do in if you determined it was too dangerous." Why are you more worried about the guilt of a firefighter "possibly" getting hurt in a rescue attempt than living with the fact that you made a conscious choice to ignore their pleas for help?

    I've never seen a straight answer to something else you've been asked: why are you in the fire service?
    Last edited by BoxAlarm187; 07-10-2013 at 07:30 PM.
    Chenzo likes this.
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer


    Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

  10. #550
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bossier Parrish, Louisiana
    Posts
    10,562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BoxAlarm187 View Post
    This made me think of something that you said some time ago: that if your family was trapped in a house fire, you "wouldn't let the firefighters do in if you determined it was too dangerous." Why are you more worried about the guilt of a firefighter "possibly" getting hurt in a rescue attempt than living with the fact that you made a conscious choice to ignore their pleas for help?

    Because firefighters should not be injured or killed doing the job. It's not complicated.

    It's not a part of the job.

    And I will not accepting seeing my brothers being hurt or injured to attempt to save my family.

    And I really like all this "plea for help" stuff when we all know the reality that 90% of the victims are overcome by smoke, with the vast majority being overcome very early in the incident.


    I've never seen a straight answer to something else you've been asked: why are you in the fire service?

    To help people. That being said, that does not, or should not include death or serious injury to the rescuers.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

  11. #551
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bossier Parrish, Louisiana
    Posts
    10,562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    It isn't the reality that people die and sometimes we can't do anything about it. What is so appalling is your azzhole, cavalier, whoop dee freaking doo, who gives a dam(n) somebody died in a fire it ain't my problem time for bed MOTHER F***ING pathetic disgusting inhumane why the hell are you even a firefighter attitude. There is no excuse for it. We all know people die, but none of us are yawning and acting like it doesn't mean a God Damned thing because none of your VFD members got a boo boo. I really wish some of your citizens would read the absolute horse schitt you post here. Because I think whatever stature you believe you have would be gone in a blink of an eye. Guys like you pretending to be firefighters just make me want to puke up my entire intestinal tract.
    So how should I think about it?

    Should I be in grief even though I have no connection to the folks who were killed?

    Should I spend time thinking about my actions even though I could have had no effect on the outcome of the incident?

    Yes, it's unfortunate and is painful for the friends, families and relatives, and certainly I see it as an unfortunate event, but exactly how do you want me to feel as somebody completely disconnected from the victims?

    Yes it sucks, but yes it happens, and always will happen. And as much i do not want to see folks die in this way, there is little or nothing that the suppression side can do to prevent it.

    And throwing our members into ultrahazardous environments and accepting firefighter injuries and deaths is not the solution.

    We have the right to go home after every call, and if that means not taking the risks for victims that some see as acceptable, which may sacrifice a civilian on occasion, so be it.

    Until we see fire prevention, not suppression and response, as the solution, and fund it as such, we will continue to lose an unacceptable number of civilians.

    As far as pretending, most that I have served with would disagree.
    Last edited by LaFireEducator; 07-10-2013 at 07:58 PM.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

  12. #552
    Let's talk fire trucks! BoxAlarm187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    3,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post

    And I will not accepting seeing my brothers being hurt or injured to attempt to save my family.
    You have more compassion for firefighters than you do your own family? I clearly remember you telling me that you're not a "brother" and you're just fine with that, so I'm having a hard time following on this.

    Have you told your family that you'll prevent the fire department from trying to rescue them if they're trapped?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post

    Because firefighters should not be injured or killed doing the job. It's not complicated.
    FEMSA gets it: "Firefighting is an ultra hazardous, unavoidably dangerous activity."

    Injuries are going to occur. And, unfortunately, deaths will also occur. It's the nature of the job. The public expects the fire department to put themselves in a reasonable amount of danger in order extinguish fires and rescue citizens. It's really that simple.

    Where is it your place to refuse to accept that yes, the citizens ARE right to expect this from us?
    FireMedic049 and Chenzo like this.
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer


    Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

  13. #553
    Forum Member ToDaRoof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The Old Dominion
    Posts
    174

    Default

    LA, you're a piece of ****, and no brother of mine. With that attitude, I'm surprised you even have a family. No wonder you're a narcissistic basement dweller. You need professional psychiatric help.
    Chenzo likes this.
    "I am an aggressive firefighter, and that is not an apology."

    FTM-PTB-RFB-EGH-KTF

  14. #554
    Forum Member DeputyChiefGonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Somewhere between genius and insanity!
    Posts
    13,583

    Default

    Originally Posted by LaFireEducator

    And I will not accepting seeing my brothers being hurt or injured to attempt to save my family.

    Sociopathic behavior at its finest...
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

  15. #555
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bossier Parrish, Louisiana
    Posts
    10,562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BoxAlarm187 View Post
    You have more compassion for firefighters than you do your own family? I clearly remember you telling me that you're not a "brother" and you're just fine with that, so I'm having a hard time following on this.

    Have you told your family that you'll prevent the fire department from trying to rescue them if they're trapped?

    Funny thing is that live within my combination fire district.

    I am outranked by the Captains and Chief officers, so the operation will be their call not mine. If I feel that the operation is too hazardous, I will express my opinion, but in the end, they will be the IC.

    The fact is that I live in a manufactured double-wide. The chances of fire conditions in this type of building being survivable after more than 5-8 minutes is highly unlikely.


    FEMSA gets it: "Firefighting is an ultra hazardous, unavoidably dangerous activity."

    Injuries are going to occur. And, unfortunately, deaths will also occur. It's the nature of the job. The public expects the fire department to put themselves in a reasonable amount of danger in order extinguish fires and rescue citizens. It's really that simple.

    Where is it your place to refuse to accept that yes, the citizens ARE right to expect this from us?
    You accept that. I don't. And I will not as IC employ tactics that put them at risk of injury or death. If I do not meet the citizens expectations, I will deal with that, and deal with any consequences that result. But I will not accept injury to volunteers that do not have wage protections under LA Workman's Comp.

    The citizens do not have the right to expect this from us, especially from volunteers with no wage protection.

    If they wish those expecatations they have the right to increase thier fire taxes by 3-4x to hire full-time members.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

  16. #556
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bossier Parrish, Louisiana
    Posts
    10,562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeputyChiefGonzo View Post
    Originally Posted by LaFireEducator



    Sociopathic behavior at its finest...
    Really?

    I fully accept that my family could die in a number of ways. And just about all of them are unpreventable, or even with reasonable pre-cautions, are often caused by uncontrollable actions of others, and cannot be prevented.

    And death by fire is no different. We live in a open plan double wide, which will burn quickly. To expect my brother firefighters to take unreasonable risks is selfish, and unfair to thier families and children who have the right to expect their members to come home unhurt and alive.

    It's not fair to expect firefighters to die or suffer serious burns for my family to live.

    Rescuing my family is my responsibility.
    Last edited by LaFireEducator; 07-10-2013 at 08:53 PM.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

  17. #557
    Forum Member DeputyChiefGonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Somewhere between genius and insanity!
    Posts
    13,583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    Really?

    I fully accept that my family could die in a number of ways. And just about all of them are unpreventable, or even with reasonable pre-cautions, are often caused by uncontrollable actions of others, and cannot be prevented.

    And death by fire is no different. We live in a open plan double wide, which will burn quickly. To expect my brother firefighters to take unreasonable risks is selfish, and unfair to thier families and children who have the right to expect their members to come home unhurt and alive.

    It's not fair to expect firefighters to die or suffer serious burns for my family to live.

    Rescuing my family is my responsibility.
    Yes, really... the defitintion of sociopath is as follows...

    so∑ci∑o∑path [soh-see-uh-path] , noun Psychiatry.
    A person with a psychopathic personality whose behavior is antisocial, often criminal, and who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience.
    FyredUp, Chenzo and ToDaRoof like this.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

  18. #558
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bossier Parrish, Louisiana
    Posts
    10,562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeputyChiefGonzo View Post
    Yes, really... the defitintion of sociopath is as follows...
    Accepting the responsibility for the consequences of buying a double-wide with significant fire behavior potential and not expecting others to die or become seriously hurt because of our decision.

    Understanding that escaping from a fire is the responsibility of the us, the occupants, not the fire department.

    And understanding that it is in the end, it is not the responsibility of firefighters to be killed because the we, the occupants have failed to take responsibility for our own own escape.


    Sounds like accepting responsibility for my actions to me.
    Last edited by LaFireEducator; 07-10-2013 at 09:29 PM.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

  19. #559
    Forum Member ToDaRoof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The Old Dominion
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    Accepting the responsibility for the consequences of buying a double-wide with significant fire behavior potential and not expecting others to die or become seriously hurt because of our decision.

    Sounds like accepting responsibility for our actions to me.
    Where was anything ever mentioned about accepting responsibility for one's actions? You were called a sociopath and provided a definition, which you completely ignored. But hey, if the shoe fits...
    FyredUp and Chenzo like this.
    "I am an aggressive firefighter, and that is not an apology."

    FTM-PTB-RFB-EGH-KTF

  20. #560
    Forum Member DeputyChiefGonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Somewhere between genius and insanity!
    Posts
    13,583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    Accepting the responsibility for the consequences of buying a double-wide with significant fire behavior potential and not expecting others to die or become seriously hurt because of our decision.

    Sounds like accepting responsibility for our actions to me.
    You are only proving my argument... you are not only a a sociopath, but a narccisistic one at that. Oe of my nieces is going for her Master's degree n psychology.. she could you you as her thesis....
    Chenzo likes this.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. The Quint hits the UK
    By SteveDude in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-13-2005, 04:37 PM
  2. I know this isn't a firefighter but it still hits home
    By Itsmy6 in forum Line of Duty: In Memory Of
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-06-2005, 01:02 AM
  3. LODD Hits Home
    By scfirewife41 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-01-2005, 09:20 AM
  4. Lutan1 hits the big 30!
    By NJFFSA16 in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-12-2002, 02:34 PM
  5. When fire hits home
    By ADSNWFLD in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-30-2001, 10:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts