Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Tacoma 2013

Forum Member

Default Tacoma 2013

Anyone received their written scores yet?

Forum Member

I have not but this Monday is week 3 and the scores should be emailed this week. How do you feel you did?

Forum Member

Not sure, the test questions were pretty different than the ones asked on CPFR test. I would love to move on to the next section, this is my second test since I started and stopped a few years ago.

Emails are out.

Forum Member

scores are in and congrats to those who passed. waiting game begins. anyone have intel about what can be next?

Forum Member

Hello all. Congrats to those who passed and best of luck to you all moving on. Just curious if anyone would mind sharing their scores and what band they rank in on the eligibility list. I personally scored a 95 and was informed that my rank was in band 6 on the eligibility list. Also, has anyone heard anything else from Tacoma since receiving the email with their score and rank?

Forum Member

I scored a 94% and am ranked 7. No word yet on PAT scheduling but lessons I have learned in the past, patience is a virtue. Good job on the score and ranking!

Forum Member

Well congratulations on your score and ranking as well, seems to be a fairly good spot to be sitting at for the moment. I figured it would be a while on PAT, just wanted to make sure nobody else had heard anything either. Have you ever take this PAT before? if so how was it?

Forum Member

I have taken the PAT 3 times now and it's not a walk in the park but if you are in good shape, should not be an issue. I like it better than the CPAT because there is no weighted vest involved and to me it was more strength oriented than cardio. Just train hard and if you get the invite to the practice PAT, highly recommend it. Best of luck!!

Forum Member

That is what I've heard that it's one of the more difficult PATs in the area. I passed the CPAT just fine with no problems, good indicator that I may be just fine for the Tacoma PAT? also, could you elaborate on the portion where you drag 100' of 2 1/2'' hose? Sounds like the toughest part in my opinion. Thanks for taking the time to share your previous experiences with me!

Forum Member

I actually thought the hose drag was relativly easy and the technique for that is just drive with all legs and stay very low. it seems to be the individuals that stand too tall and once they slow down, its incredibly difficult for them to advance the charged line. My weakest area was the keiser sled. My technique was way off but with a little practice and listening to the Tacoma firefighters, it became much easier and also did not wear out the forearms. Sounds like you will do just fine and review the PAT course online to familiarize yourself with the requirements. You can also PM me if you want.

Forum Member

Practice PAT invite letters have been sent out. Now just hoping to see the actual PAT invite soon.

Forum Member

Default Next Step

Hey piphill, do you have Vet. Preference? And any clue how many recruits are ahead of you?

Does anyone have any idea how many they're hiring?

Good luck.

Forum Member

Default practice PAT

Anybody receive the follow up e-mail to the practice PAT invite yet? First day is the 31st and still no e-mail on how to register, so I'm getting a little nervous...

Forum Member

The PAT is nothing to worry about. Anyone thats fit will do it no problem. Anyone know how many made it past the test?

Forum Member

I havent either still waiting

Forum Member

Practice registration e-mails sent out. Just received mine.

Forum Member

Ya, no clue how many made it or how many they are hiring. I heard that our rankings include "vet's preference", but it seems like there has to be a bunch of people that have passed.

I am currently ranked 5, but I have a feeling there are plenty of people ranked top 10. I bet it all comes down to the interview (once you've passed PAT), but who knows.....

Forum Member

Hey all,

One quick question regarding the practice PAT sessions. I am clear on the dress code for the PAT session, I was just wondering if you all went to the training center in your PAT clothing or dressed more formal and changed into your PAT clothing when time to do a run-through came. Any feedback would be awesome. Thanks

Last time everyone was in workout style clothing.
    Good luck!

Thread Information