Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Report from Engine Co. 82 video

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyChiefGonzo View Post
    This is a site for learning; unfortunately, a certain individual always posts his opinions contrary to the spirit, the tradition and the mission of the fire service.

He is quick to criticize, yet cannot take criticism.
    Maybe a good way to learn would be to listen to viewpoints and opinions that differ from your own. I'll admit that the individual you refer to appears to let a crippling standard of safety dominate his fireground, but that's for the powers that be down there to decide, not us.
    I think it is overly harsh to state that his opinions are contrary to the "spirit, tradition and the mission of the fire service". You alone don't define those things any more than he does.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by captnjak View Post
    Maybe a good way to learn would be to listen to viewpoints and opinions that differ from your own. I'll admit that the individual you refer to appears to let a crippling standard of safety dominate his fireground, but that's for the powers that be down there to decide, not us.
    I think it is overly harsh to state that his opinions are contrary to the "spirit, tradition and the mission of the fire service". You alone don't define those things any more than he does.
    I say ****ing on the memory of brave men that died in the line of duty is "contrary to the spirit and mission" -writing off victims without trying is contrary - he can do what ever gets him through the day down there, but don't try and pass off being a coward as some new wave safety. And SFD FF7 -don't let the door hit you.
    Chenzo likes this.
    ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by slackjawedyokel View Post
    I say ****ing on the memory of brave men that died in the line of duty is "contrary to the spirit and mission" -writing off victims without trying is contrary - he can do what ever gets him through the day down there, but don't try and pass off being a coward as some new wave safety. And SFD FF7 -don't let the door hit you.

Like I said, relatively new here. Can you enlighten me on the ****ing on dead brothers' memories?

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Like I said, relatively new here. Can you enlighten me on the ****ing on dead brothers' memories?
    Plain an simple, in the past upon the report of LODDs he has come on here and blamed the Brothers who died for their own deaths. This before any invrestigation, any findings, any final report. In fact he has gone so far as to do it the very day the deaths occurred.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Forum Member

Care to rebut that LAFE?
    Last edited by captnjak; 07-01-2013 at 08:44 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Plain an simple, in the past upon the report of LODDs he has come on here and blamed the Brothers who died for their own deaths. This before any invrestigation, any findings, any final report. In fact he has gone so far as to do it the very day the deaths occurred.
    thank you fyred up -that's exactly what I meant, before the fallen are even in the ground, long before the after action and NIOSH reports. He has pointed fingers, especially when it comes to making a primary search. I have tried to give him the benefit of the doubt for years, but the comment about the kids in the burning car was the straw.
    ?

Forum Member

This is fact. He has almost 10G worth of posts. Far to many for me to search. He also admonishes the IAFF and makes them out to be corporate crooks. He has stated that he would not render aid to anyone outside of his jurisdiction for fear of self injury.

The hang up here is if even I were a moderator here I could not ban him as he does not do or say anything that goes against the terms of use. There are also those of us that strongly believe that he will try to influence young members into his way of thinking. The only backing that he has had so far is some stuffed shirt in a suit blathering on YouTube about how firefighters should not endanger themselves to rescue victims.

Feel free SFD to search his posts, you'll find that he has done more trolling than what you have seen these past few months from everyone else.
    IAFF

Forum Member

One of my favorite parts of the documentary was the discussion scene when the firemen were talking about how the fires were mostly arson jobs and sometime the building would be booby trapped with holes or bags of gasoline that were intended to fall when a door was opened and engulf the firefighters. Then, the firemen talked about how when the people(who sometimes try to kill or injure them) have no one else to turn to for help the FDNY will always answer the call. Even if the cops wont. Pretty powerful.
    The fire service is about service to our fellow man.
    There is a trust that must not be broken and we are the keepers of that trust.
    Captain Dave LeBlanc

Forum Member

Care to rebut that LAFE?
    Nope.

When it's obvious, it's obvious.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    Nope.

When it's obvious, it's obvious.
    And when you get your AZZ handed to you and you know we can prove what we say you clam up.

Frankly, it was some of the most dispicable schitt I have ever seen posted.
    Maybe it's not too late

Forum Member

Maybe a good way to learn would be to listen to viewpoints and opinions that differ from your own.
    I do have an open mind. I also have a BS detector that pegs into the red when lies, inuendo and crap gets posted.

I'll admit that the individual you refer to appears to let a crippling standard of safety dominate his fireground, but that's for the powers that be down there to decide, not us.
    I have a feeling "the powers that be down there" do not know what he posts here or if they do, they choose to ignore it.

I do not alone define the spirit, tradition and mission of the fire service... tens of thousands of my Brothers and Sisters do.
    Last edited by DeputyChiefGonzo; 07-02-2013 at 03:22 PM. Reason: spelling correction.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Maybe a good way to learn would be to listen to viewpoints and opinions that differ from your own.

I have done that my whole career. Sometimes I learn from them and sometimes they are nothing more than charlatans looking to destroy the fire service as we know it.

I'll admit that the individual you refer to appears to let a crippling standard of safety dominate his fireground, but that's for the powers that be down there to decide, not us.

And many of us here have agreed with that. The issue comes in when he tries to push his ideas as mainstream fire service when they clearly are not.

No he doesn't but the majority of posters here define it in their own way and the vast majority allign with Chief Gonzo's definition than they do with LA.
    Don't be suckered in by LA, he is a cancer to the fire service.
    Last edited by FyredUp; 07-02-2013 at 04:50 PM.
    slackjawedyokel and Chenzo like this.
    Maybe it's not too late

Forum Member

CaptnJak, It's nice to know that I am not alone in my disgust of the state of the forum. I do happen to agree with most of you here that LA is annoying and not good for the fire service. I'm not sure you forum junkies are any better than he is. I am an occasional forum reader but I prefer hands on training and reading articles from known experts in the field.

Yokel, thanks for the great idea. I will do my best to avoid the door hitting me on my way out. Thanks for the support.

You should all do yourself a favor and not let LA, Captnjak or myself get your blood pressure up. It's not worth it and it's not worth my time either.

Forum Member

The Watch Desk is back up... Just significantly neutered.

Forum Member

Care to rebut that LAFE?
    He can't. Because if you search you will find multiple incidents of him doing that very thing. I don't know if you noticed or not but he has not come back to respond because he knows flat out denying it would just be another bald faced lie.
    Maybe it's not too late

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SFD FF7 View Post
    CaptnJak, It's nice to know that I am not alone in my disgust of the state of the forum. I do happen to agree with most of you here that LA is annoying and not good for the fire service. I'm not sure you forum junkies are any better than he is. I am an occasional forum reader but I prefer hands on training and reading articles from known experts in the field.

Yokel, thanks for the great idea. I will do my best to avoid the door hitting me on my way out. Thanks for the support.

You should all do yourself a favor and not let LA, Captnjak or myself get your blood pressure up. It's not worth it and it's not worth my time either.
    Name:  baby crying.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  30.3 KB

Need a hanky?
    conrad427 likes this.
    Maybe it's not too late

Forum Member

He can't. Because if you search you will find multiple incidents of him doing that very thing. I don't know if you noticed or not but he has not come back to respond because he knows flat out denying it would just be another bald faced lie.
    Sure did rebut it. Just a few posts up:

Nope.

When it's obvious, it's obvious

Look at the reports.

It's tough to deny the truth sometimes.
    Last edited by LaFireEducator; 07-02-2013 at 05:12 PM.

Forum Member

I am pretty new to the fire service and rather enjoy this site. I have yet to find a more active forum. I also appreciate the level of enthusiasm and passion that some of the posters display. You will also notice that I commented on my favorite part of the documentary.
    Anyway, without trying to inflame anyone's delicate sensibilities, I would invite you to post a discussion that meets your standards. I will comment to the best of my mediocre abilities.
    Captain Dave LeBlanc

Forum Member

Sure did rebut it. Just a few posts up:

Nope.

When it's obvious, it's obvious

Look at the reports.

It's tough to deny the truth sometimes.
    What's obvious is only a cold hearted, no conscience, son of a bitch, would offer anything but condolences on the very day of the death of Brother and Sister Firefighters in the line of duty. The fact that you are either trying to deny you blamed them for their own deaths, or trying to justify your behavior, speaks volumes about your lack of honor and Brotherhood.

No one is saying not to learn from these incidents, but your method of "learning" is cruel and heartless.
    Chenzo and HFD50 like this.
    Maybe it's not too late

Forum Member

do you read the strategy and tactics part of the forums? and the extrication ? Usually lala doesn't muddy them up as bad as he does the general firefighting forum.
    ?

Forum Member

I am not a regular contributor on the Firehouse Forums so I'm sorry if it seems like I am intruding however, does anyone know of another place on the internet where I can read forums about firefighting? This is no longer the place for education and open discussion about such topics as firefighting or anything remotely related to the job.

All this place is anymore is a bash on LA site. This topic was a deliberate call out to him so more people can rip on his opinions. Don't call me an LA apoligist, but come on people, grow up. Stop feeding the flames and talk about things that matter to other real firefighters. If you all stop calling him out, maybe....just maybe, he won't bother you all so much.

I'm sure many of you are very knowledgeable and have a lot to contribute. Why not give it a try instead of speding time and brain power on him.

Well, since I posted this topic I can tell you exactly why I posted it.
    I came across it on Youtube and thought it was an awesome look back at our past. I read Smith's book over 30 years ago and thought it was a good read. To find a documentary on Smith and his engine was a real "find" for me. I started the job on the tail end of the "pullup boots" years. Had pullup boots and turnout coats for about 8 years before the switch over to bunker gear.

I just thought it was cool to see all that stuff again and to watch them fight fires without SCBA.
    My jab at LA was done in an effort to keep him OUT of this thread. I posted this not to discuss tactics and in or out, or any of the other BS that LA keeps spewing. I just wanted everyone to enjoy a nice trip back in time.
    Chenzo likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Whammer79 View Post
    I came across it on Youtube and thought it was an awesome look back at our past. I read Smith's book over 30 years ago and thought it was a good read. To find a documentary on Smith and his engine was a real "find" for me. I started the job on the tail end of the "pullup boots" years. Had pullup boots and turnout coats for about 8 years before the switch over to bunker gear.

I just thought it was cool to see all that stuff again and to watch them fight fires without SCBA.
    My jab at LA was done in an effort to keep him OUT of this thread. I posted this not to discuss tactics and in or out, or any of the other BS that LA keeps spewing. I just wanted everyone to enjoy a nice trip back in time.
    Thanks for the topic. I like to watch the documentary when I start complaining about how hard I work! Puts everything into perspective!
    Captain Dave LeBlanc

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by conrad427 View Post
    Thanks for the topic. I like to watch the documentary when I start complaining about how hard I work! Puts everything into perspective!
    It makes us appreciate how good we do have it today.

Those steel cylinders sure sucked. Actually they still suck, as that is all that we have on my VFD to this day.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Whammer79 View Post

Funny thing is that I very enjoy those trips back in time.

Forum Member

Funny thing is that I very enjoy those trips back in time.

I know you do, that's what makes you such a pretender. You identify yourself with men who share nothing in common with you.
    Chenzo likes this.

Thread Information