Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 36 of 36
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Even a dog gets it....

  1. #21
    Forum Member FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee
    Posts
    9,664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    When I'm obviously being attacked .. even subtly, Yes, I will post.

    So this isn't very hard .....
    I don't think you were being attacked at all. It was clearly an example of mocking you and your bizzare way of thinking.
    “The person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing, is nothing, and becomes nothing. He may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he simply cannot learn and feel and change and grow and love and live.” Leo F. Buscaglia

    This place gets weirder and weirder every day...


  2. #22
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bossier Parrish, Louisiana
    Posts
    10,383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    I don't think you were being attacked at all. It was clearly an example of mocking you and your bizzare way of thinking.
    Well guess what ... Mocking is going to bring me in the door as well.

    As far as my "bizarre" way of thinking, I disagree, but hey have at it.

    I'm very happy with my role as an officer as well as my obligations tothe members, and the community, in that order. And apparently both of my departments are as well.
    Last edited by LaFireEducator; 07-02-2013 at 01:04 PM.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

  3. #23
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bossier Parrish, Louisiana
    Posts
    10,383

    Default

    Double post.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

  4. #24
    Forum Member Bones42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Pt. Beach, NJ
    Posts
    10,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    If you don't like the topics why do YOU post in them?
    Most threads started for no purpose other than something about LA....I don't post in. Some I do, most I don't.

    The other threads that start as something useful and then turn into "saving the fire service from La" I tend to stop posting in as they usually stop providing any useful information.
    ATFDFF likes this.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

  5. #25
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    634

    Default

    I'm growing more and more convinced that LA is getting kickbacks from FH's ad revenue from all the views on these threads.

    /sarcasm
    Last edited by ATFDFF; 07-02-2013 at 01:58 PM.

  6. #26
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bossier Parrish, Louisiana
    Posts
    10,383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ATFDFF View Post
    I'm growing more and more convinced that LA is getting kickbacks from FH's ad revenue from all the views on these threads.

    /sarcasm
    Would be nice.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

  7. #27
    Forum Member FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee
    Posts
    9,664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    Well guess what ... Mocking is going to bring me in the door as well.

    As far as my "bizarre" way of thinking, I disagree, but hey have at it.

    I'm very happy with my role as an officer as well as my obligations tothe members, and the community, in that order. And apparently both of my departments are as well.
    Obligations to the community?
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

    NO WAIT, WERE YOU BEING SERIOUS?
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

    Neither you or your chief feel any OBLIGATION to stop lying to your community about the pathetic level of fire protection your VFD provides. Until you are honest about that and bring it up in a public forum, like a board meeting, you have not one single right to throw the "Obigation to your community" card.
    “The person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing, is nothing, and becomes nothing. He may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he simply cannot learn and feel and change and grow and love and live.” Leo F. Buscaglia

    This place gets weirder and weirder every day...

  8. #28
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bossier Parrish, Louisiana
    Posts
    10,383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Obligations to the community?
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

    NO WAIT, WERE YOU BEING SERIOUS?
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

    Neither you or your chief feel any OBLIGATION to stop lying to your community about the pathetic level of fire protection your VFD provides. Until you are honest about that and bring it up in a public forum, like a board meeting, you have not one single right to throw the "Obigation to your community" card.
    As I have stated, it's the general state of fire protection in this area.

    The departments in the parish tend to be older, with limited manpower and in general limited interior capabilities. The fact is we offer the same level of protection as all the other departments, which is why we have added the neighboring city as AMA. That actually gives us an edge over those other departments.

    So no, the fire protection we provide is on par, and in some cases, above par with the other departments in the parish.

    And yes, we do fulfill our obligations to the community as manpower and resources allow.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

  9. #29
    Forum Member scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    9,978

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    And yes, we do fulfill our obligations to the community as manpower and resources allow.
    I bet your community isn't aware of the FACT that a dog in Australia provides better rescue capability than you and your idiot colleagues.
    SPFDRum, FyredUp and Chenzo like this.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  10. #30
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bossier Parrish, Louisiana
    Posts
    10,383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    I bet your community isn't aware of the FACT that a dog in Australia provides better rescue capability than you and your idiot colleagues.
    Ummmmmmmmmmmm ... No.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

  11. #31
    Forum Member FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee
    Posts
    9,664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    As I have stated, it's the general state of fire protection in this area.

    The departments in the parish tend to be older, with limited manpower and in general limited interior capabilities. The fact is we offer the same level of protection as all the other departments, which is why we have added the neighboring city as AMA. That actually gives us an edge over those other departments.

    So no, the fire protection we provide is on par, and in some cases, above par with the other departments in the parish.

    And yes, we do fulfill our obligations to the community as manpower and resources allow.
    Basically, you perpetuate the lie, and use the excuse that becuse everyone is as pathetic as your vfd, you don't have to tell the board or citizens you are patheticly understaffed, undertrained, and unwilling to go interior until the paid AMA FD shows up.

    Sorry, the only time you meet the obligation to your citizens is when the AMA FD shows up and does the real firefighting for you.
    conrad427 likes this.
    “The person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing, is nothing, and becomes nothing. He may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he simply cannot learn and feel and change and grow and love and live.” Leo F. Buscaglia

    This place gets weirder and weirder every day...

  12. #32
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bossier Parrish, Louisiana
    Posts
    10,383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Basically, you perpetuate the lie, and use the excuse that becuse everyone is as pathetic as your vfd, you don't have to tell the board or citizens you are patheticly understaffed, undertrained, and unwilling to go interior until the paid AMA FD shows up.

    Sorry, the only time you meet the obligation to your citizens is when the AMA FD shows up and does the real firefighting for you.
    Not an accurate statement and you know it.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

  13. #33
    Truckie SPFDRum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 1999
    Location
    St Paul, MN
    Posts
    2,511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    When I'm obviously being attacked .. even subtly, Yes, I will post.

    So this isn't very hard .....
    Attacked, hardy. That would only be the case if you had not made statements very similar to the humorous examples posted. No LA, this would be known as "satire".

    Bones42, if the kitchen is a little warm, you could always retire to the powder room.
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

  14. #34
    Forum Member scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    9,978

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    Ummmmmmmmmmmm ... No.
    Thanks. I knew you wouldn't disagree.
    Chenzo likes this.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  15. #35
    Forum Member FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee
    Posts
    9,664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    Not an accurate statement and you know it.
    What isn't accurate? I am only using what YOU have posted about your own VFD and your nieghbors.
    “The person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing, is nothing, and becomes nothing. He may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he simply cannot learn and feel and change and grow and love and live.” Leo F. Buscaglia

    This place gets weirder and weirder every day...

  16. #36
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    SW Missouri
    Posts
    1,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    Not an accurate statement and you know it.
    The hell it isn't.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts