Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cant_wait View Post
    Yo thanks for responding. I was starting to think that I was the only here. Yea. I'm waiting on the date for the boards as well. and man thanks for the info on the number of applicants. that is ridiculously low. I hear that they will be giving out calls come January or feb for the interviews. Also from what I understand they are hiring in order from the written exam score. I got an 82, what did you get?
    Either an 88 or 89, I can't remember off the top of my head. I didn't hear the bit about hiring off the written score but I suppose that's good news. I recently passed my NREMT-P and when talking to Internal Affairs was told that it would "put me in a different category" so hopefully that accounts for something as well.

It's good to see someone else from Florida. I'm living over in Tampa at the moment and everyone I've talked to thus far has been native to Georgia. Those 1,000 mile round-trip drives are starting to get exhausting, hopefully if I pass the oral board I can cram the rest of the hiring process into 1 final trip.

Forum Member

First things first. Congrats on passing the NREMT-P that's great man. And honestly it sounds like you are in a pretty good position. From what i understand they are separating it between those with medical training and those without, that is probably what the separate categories are about. I do not know the reason behind that though.

By the way, I agree with you man, those trips are pretty draining. I come up from Miami. You never realize how large Florida is until you drive through it.

When I spoke to them I heard they did away with oral interviews. I think the next step is IA interview and than polygraph now. Granted I could be wrong, 2tone would know more than anybody.

Forum Member

The Cobb County website still has the oral board listed as the 4th step in the hiring process, but I suppose it's possible that it was recently amended. I'm not a great interviewer so if it went straight to the IA interview that would be awesome.

2tone, any word on if the oral board is still currently part of the hiring process?

Forum Member

Anybody hear back yet? I think I'll be following up in another week or two if I don't hear anything before then.

Forum Member

I haven't heard anything yet. I would also wait another 2 weeks or so.

Forum Member

I received an e-mail a couple days ago that reviewed the process and stated that I should be hearing something in regards to the IA interview. Looks like they did indeed do away with the oral boards.

Forum Member

I got the same email. Hope to see you there. Did it tell you how you ranked on the test too?

Forum Member

Congrats on moving forward guys. I still haven't heard anything back yet. I believe that they are doing those with EMT certifications first. So hopefully I'll hear something in the coming weeks.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DETe36 View Post
    I got the same email. Hope to see you there. Did it tell you how you ranked on the test too?
    It said I was in the top 60 of all "qualified applicants", I'm not quite sure what the implication of that was. My initial thought when I read the e-mail was that they were only inviting 60 people to continue on with the process, but that cut off seems way too small this early in the hiring process.

Perhaps they were just providing rankings in increments of 10. Did yours say 60 as well?

Congrats on moving forward guys. I still haven't heard anything back yet. I believe that they are doing those with EMT certifications first. So hopefully I'll hear something in the coming weeks.
    According to the e-mail the order they will be calling people is dictated entirely by your score on the written.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang281 View Post
    It said I was in the top 60 of all "qualified applicants", I'm not quite sure what the implication of that was. My initial thought when I read the e-mail was that they were only inviting 60 people to continue on with the process, but that cut off seems way too small this early in the hiring process.

Perhaps they were just providing rankings in increments of 10. Did yours say 60 as well?

According to the e-mail the order they will be calling people is dictated entirely by your score on the written.
    Mine said top 60 as well. I was hoping I was special! ha

Forum Member

good luck guys in top 60. I'm apparently in group 2,

Should be about 12 or 13 people joining the class in February to join up for the fire side after the current folks complete the Ems side.

Forum Member

Thanks for the info.

Are these 12 part of the 40 starting in may, or a separate hiring?

This is a separate hiring that is joining the current class. This group, the current people in the academy, and the guys who got out early will be officially one class. There will be a new class starting in may.

Forum Member

That is really good to hear.

Thank you for the updates sir. It is much appreciated.

Forum Member

Thanks for the info.

Are these 12 part of the 40 starting in may, or a separate hiring?
    Did they recently move the number up to 40? It was originally 30 but I know they were trying to increase it.

Forum Member

Yea. the email I got from IA said they expect around 40 to start in may.

Forum Member

Awesome. Good to hear.

Forum Member

Yea. the email I got from IA said they expect around 40 to start in may.
    They sent another email recently?

I haven't heard anything since a week or two ago when I got the email saying I was in the top 60.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DETe36 View Post
    They sent another email recently?

I haven't heard anything since a week or two ago when I got the email saying I was in the top 60.
    The email in reference is the one sent to applicants outside the top 60 exam takers.

Thread Information