Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Healthy Skin and Shaving

Hey,
    What do you guys do for those of you that have to shave every day for the job to keep your skin from being chewed up by razor burn and all? I have to shave everyday and my skin is so badly burned from my razor which i try and change the blade on every 3 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Naina11 View Post
    I n my opinion you should use Electrical shaver instead of razor. These electric shavers are skin friendly and best to use on daily bases.
    This made a big difference in my experience, but before I moved to the electric I always got the worse razor burn from a new razor. When I do shave with a razor now I leave the used one in there for a while and have less of a problem with my face getting chewed up. Maybe i'm in the minority, but that could help... and save you some cash-o-la.
    Nothing is as unimpressive as someone who is unwilling to learn.

Forum Member

pretty true...It burns after using the razor alot...not with the electric shaver though

Forum Member

Try shaving in the shower and changing your blade every three or four days depending on how heavy your beard is.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ROGO43 View Post
    Hey,
    What do you guys do for those of you that have to shave every day for the job to keep your skin from being chewed up by razor burn and all? I have to shave everyday and my skin is so badly burned from my razor which i try and change the blade on every 3 days.
    I actually used to work for the Art of Shaving so I had to become an expert on this exact topic. Most skin irritation is due to a combination of improper products, shaving utensils and technique. As far as the products go you want to make sure youre using natural products. You dont want to be putting a bunch of chemicals all over your face. And I dont care if its a 2 dollar bottle or 30 dollar bottle, if its all natural youre good to go. Also opt for products specifically for sensitive skin. One of the best things you can do for your skin is use a pre shave oil and lather your shaving cream over the oil. Helps with glide, less tug and pull, less irritation. Next check your blades. Disposable can be just as good as the expensive brands, the key is that your blade needs to be sharp. I dispose of my blades after one or two uses, even if they advertise I can get 4 to 5 out of em. Thats just me personally. Lastly most guys dont know how to shave properly. Shave either in the shower or after, never before. This ensures your face is clean and also at its softest point. Shave with the grain. If youd like you can relather and shave against. Most guys get irritation on their neck and thats because where the flex points are from you turning your head, looking up and down etc, the hair can grow in different directions, which can make shaving tough. Just be patient, short strokes as opposed to long. ALWAYS moisturize after you shave. This is a big deal. So not to advertise Art of Shaving because I believe in all products that meet this criteria, but going to the store would be beneficial for ya. Good luck.

Forum Member

Change your shaving blade daily, moisturize your face...

Thread Information