Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Clayton County (GA) Captain makes a grab...

Forum Member

And I bet the guys that rescued the pregnant dog were bummed that there was a human rescued first. 'Cause, you know, otherwise THEY get the TV coverage.
    I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF View Post
    You say you want to be judged by your content, without regard for your rank. But your username clearly includes the abbreviation for "captain".

It appears to me you want to get credibility from an implied rank that you've never stated you have. You just want to call yourself captain, then not discuss whether you really are one or not.
    I've just posted that I DON'T want credibility (or lack of it) to come from a rank, implied or otherwise. Is it really necessary for you to know?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by captnjak View Post
    I've just posted that I DON'T want credibility (or lack of it) to come from a rank, implied or otherwise. Is it really necessary for you to know?
    Then why did you IMPLY a rank with your username?
    I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Forum Member

Please try to disregard my username, as hard as that appears to be for you.

Forum Member

Is DC Gonzo really a DC, and if so do you really think his parents named him Gonzo?

Is tree68 really a tree? Wouldn't he be a potential exposure problem?

How about bones42? A skeleton maybe?

slackjawedyokel may or may not be a yokel, but do you really believe he is slackjawed?

How does snowball handle the heat? (assuming he's an actual snowball)

Does anybody really think lafe is qualified to educate anyone on anything?

And what exactly is a Chenzo?

Forum Member

Please try to disregard my username, as hard as that appears to be for you.
    Okay. I will now think of you as notacaptnjak.

As for your questions about the user names of others, I am quite sure that if their user names implied something about them and you asked them to clarify it, they would do so.

I suspect Gonz would reveal the shocking news that Gonzo is a nickname, and would that he is, indeed, a deputy chief.

If tree68 is neither deciduous nor evergreen, I'm sure an admission would be forthcoming.

Bones42 is (or at least was) probably a slim guy, likely attached to a number 42 of something. I bet he'd tell you if you asked him.

slackjawedyokel likely hoarked his name from the Simpsons character, Cletus the Slack-Jawed Yokel. But the yokel himself would undoubtedly set us straight.

snowball would willingly shed light on why he wants to be called that.

As for Bob, well, sometimes nicknames are misnomers.
    Last edited by EastKyFF; 07-09-2013 at 12:36 PM.
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Forum Member

I started out fires service life as FireFighter Zero. I was then demoted to Probie Zero. Later I became Chief Zero, and have come full circle to FireFighter Zero. Probably should have gone with FireFighter Zero on this forum instead of my actual last name, oh well. No one takes me seriously anyhow!
    The fire service is about service to our fellow man.
    There is a trust that must not be broken and we are the keepers of that trust.
    Captain Dave LeBlanc

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Gee, why would I (or anyone) think the comment was directed at LAFE? Could it be the gozillion times you've directed comments at him in the past? My implication may be wrong but it is NOT ridiculous. I bet others thought the same thing.

Why would I think you have had a hard on for me since you got here? Golly I post a simple comment: "Wow! Service before self. What a concept." And you turn it into another opportunity to come after me. Oh, you are right, your implication isn't ridiculous, YOU ARE. If I have something to say to LA directly I am by no means shy and I blast his azz freely and openly. So, nice try, but no points will be awarded.

I DO NOT have a hard on for you. Your attacks on me and my department far outweigh mine on you or your department. Actually, I've never attacked your department. I've also posted positive responses to posts of yours in the past.

Almost impossible to insult your FD when I don't know who it is.

And I have posted postive responses to some of yours too. So why the need to start another bru ha ha here when clearly nothing I said was to you or about you?

I'm not sure why you are so concerned with my rank or department. I prefer to be judged by all members of this forum on the contents of my posts. Members will either agree or disagree, respect my opinions or not. No pre-formed opinions based on rank and department.

You have at different times here said you are andyou aren't a captain. If it isn't important then why not just clear it up here and now. I am a newly retired career firefighter/EMT with a suburb of Milwaukee FD, I am also training officer for 2 rural POC FDs and a Lieutenant on one of them. That should aleviate all doubt of my rank. Ho about you come clean on yours now?

I do not defend idiocy by LAFE, or anyone else for that matter. I've posted several times in opposition to him.

You sure jumped up like his big brother here to defend him.
    Frankly, this whole thing is a waste of time and why you started it is a mystery.
    Last edited by FyredUp; 07-09-2013 at 02:24 PM.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Forum Member

How is retirement treating ya so far Fyred? Sounds like you still have plenty of firefighting to do!
    Captain Dave LeBlanc

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Frankly, this whole thing is a waste of time and why you started it is a mystery.
    ANOTHER opportunity to come after you? When was the first? In the past, I've only taken shots at you AFTER being attacked by you. This was proven to be true in another thread both by myself and other members. As far as my most recent jab, I think it would be easy for anyone to mistakenly believe you were baiting lafe. You have stated that is not the case. You also pointed out how you've gone after him directly numerous times. A very valid point, so I will take you at your word. I hereby withdraw the comment and apologize. (I'm pretty sure you don't care but it IS the right thing to do.)

Not knowing my department has not stopped you from attacking it's operations or terminology.

I never stated that I was or was not a Captain. To clear it up, I am not a Captain.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by conrad427 View Post
    How is retirement treating ya so far Fyred? Sounds like you still have plenty of firefighting to do!
    Retirement is going well. Keeping busy with planning and running training for the 2 FDs. The honey-Do list around the house is growing too!
    Maybe it's not too late

Forum Member

ANOTHER opportunity to come after you? When was the first? In the past, I've only taken shots at you AFTER being attacked by you. This was proven to be true in another thread both by myself and other members. As far as my most recent jab, I think it would be easy for anyone to mistakenly believe you were baiting lafe. You have stated that is not the case. You also pointed out how you've gone after him directly numerous times. A very valid point, so I will take you at your word. I hereby withdraw the comment and apologize. (I'm pretty sure you don't care but it IS the right thing to do.)

Not knowing my department has not stopped you from attacking it's operations or terminology.

I never stated that I was or was not a Captain. To clear it up, I am not a Captain.
    Truce then!

Actually, I made one comment about what resources were sent to a single family dwelling fire. I believe I used the phrase overkill. Simply stated, I have no idea what FD you are a member of so it is impossible for me to attack your FD.
    Maybe it's not too late

Forum Member

Is DC Gonzo really a DC, and if so do you really think his parents named him Gonzo?

I am a DC, I acquired the nickname Gonzo my first week on the FD.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyChiefGonzo View Post

I am a DC, I acquired the nickname Gonzo my first week on the FD.
    I'm going to change your nickname to Whisper if you don't change your font size back
    IAFF

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by snowball View Post
    I'm going to change your nickname to Whisper if you don't change your font size back
    is this better?
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyChiefGonzo View Post

is this better?
    NO! It is not better at all!!
    Maybe it's not too late

Forum Member

Forget it.... Moving on.

Quote Originally Posted by captnjak
    It's a rare breed of highly intelligent, selectively motivated man of Italian heritage. Has trouble finding motivation for things beyond the realm of fire, ems, guns, and family. They tend to struggle in the "regular" job fields, but will excel if given the opportunity in the public safety field.
    Last edited by Chenzo; 07-09-2013 at 09:42 PM.
    "A fire department that writes off civilians faster than an express line of 6 reasons or less is not progressive, it's dangerous, because it's run by fear. Fear does not save lives, it endangers them." -- Lt. Ray McCormack FDNY

"Because if you don't think you're good, nobody else will." -- DC Tom Laun (ret) Syracuse

Forum Member

Chenzo is a nickname that MY son got from his friends in high school. You see his given name is Vincienzo.

He is a Lieutenant on one of the POC FDs so I suppose he could call himself LtChenzo...
    Maybe it's not too late

Forum Member

Simpsons ??? huh -????? Maw give me my name
    ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Retirement is going well. Keeping busy with planning and running training for the 2 FDs. The honey-Do list around the house is growing too!
    So now with the honey-do list growing you will be working harder than ever....for less money!
    Captain Dave LeBlanc

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by conrad427 View Post
    So now with the honey-do list growing you will be working harder than ever....for less money!
    Too true Brother, too true!!
    Maybe it's not too late

Forum Member

Bones - ya, cuz I look like a walking skeleton. Was given to me as a nick name 30 years ago.

42 - 30+ year member of station 42.

Current rank - firefighter. Was 2nd Lt, 1st Lt, Captain, Deputy Chief, Assistant Chief, Department Chief. and then went through the line a second time. EMS - went up to 1st Lt. Went Past Active due to lack of available time. Also was member of college FD in PA and vol and paid EMS while in college.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

Perhaps he owns and operates a naval vessel of some sort.

Maybe he is a huge Jack Sparrow fan.
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bones42 View Post
    Bones - ya, cuz I look like a walking skeleton. Was given to me as a nick name 30 years ago.

42 - 30+ year member of station 42.

Current rank - firefighter. Was 2nd Lt, 1st Lt, Captain, Deputy Chief, Assistant Chief, Department Chief. and then went through the line a second time. EMS - went up to 1st Lt. Went Past Active due to lack of available time. Also was member of college FD in PA and vol and paid EMS while in college.
    Heysoos Christos mang! Why you be gettin' demoted all them times? I mean we've had some get busted down one rank, but you've run the ladder twice? You sure don't give up that easy, do ya. Troublemaker.
    IAFF

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by snowball View Post
    Heysoos Christos mang! Why you be gettin' demoted all them times? I mean we've had some get busted down one rank, but you've run the ladder twice? You sure don't give up that easy, do ya. Troublemaker.
    The first time through the ranks was just practice.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

Thread Information