Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: City of Philadelphia- Winter 2013

Forum Member

I'm ranked in the 250-300 range no certs....do you guys think I have a shot at interviews?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tainted View Post
    I'm ranked in the 250-300 range no certs....do you guys think I have a shot at interviews?
    Absolutely. They made it to mid 400s off of the last list. Maybe not the first round through but defenitely the second. You got a really lucky number. You should be thrilled.

Forum Member

Here is an idea of what you'll hear at orientation if they make it to your number (the EMS is outdated, it's longer now due to a change in state requirements)

http://www.phila.gov/fire/pdfs/fire_acad_orient.pdf

Forum Member

Does anyone know how they ranked the peopled the scored 100, because I got a 100 and I am placed 777th on the list. I don't have any bonus points.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimmy88 View Post
    Does anyone know how they ranked the peopled the scored 100, because I got a 100 and I am placed 777th on the list. I don't have any bonus points.
    Back in the day, ties were broken by comparing the date/time of the "received" stamp (as in when the application to take the test was received by Central Personnel.) Don't know if it's done that way anymore.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

Generated random number.

Forum Member

Yeah random number, a couple years ago I got 100 and I was ranked in the 800s

Forum Member

Are the bilingual candidates on a separate list ? It said I ranked 35 on the eligible list but I took the exam through the bilingual section. What usually happens now once everyone already received their results?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lexed View Post
    Are the bilingual candidates on a separate list ? It said I ranked 35 on the eligible list but I took the exam through the bilingual section. What usually happens now once everyone already received their results?
    I think the Bilingual candidates are in another list. The reason behind this is status that still says "in scoring." I'll give Central personal a call today and let you know.

Btw, did you have any certs?

Thanks in advance. I'm

Forum Member

Anyone hear about this list being published or when they are looking to start the next class?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stogie81 View Post
    Anyone hear about this list being published or when they are looking to start the next class?
    A good friend of mine is in the department. He told me they're looking towards the fall to start with the first class. So, I wouldn't expect the list to be published until July.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyBred View Post
    A good friend of mine is in the department. He told me they're looking towards the fall to start with the first class. So, I wouldn't expect the list to be published until July.
    Thanks Phillybred. Last time the union had the list before I even got my email. Granted it was then revised after appeals but it was still out. I don't know that it matters much what the list looks like but I was just curious.

Forum Member

Congrats to everyone who scored well on the testing! I took the test for my first time and did not score as well as I had planned. I studied and prepared thoroughly and expected a higher score. Does anybody have any advice on how to improve my scoring in the future? I feel as if the 2nd portion of the test really threw me off as well. Thanks in advance!

Forum Member

Thanks Phillybred. Last time the union had the list before I even got my email. Granted it was then revised after appeals but it was still out. I don't know that it matters much what the list looks like but I was just curious.
    Stogie, I was told that both list are already established... and that the bilingual list is only 40 candidates long! For some reason I'm not on that list. I have a lot of questions for HR that I need answered. I'll be dogging them for the next few months.

Thanks Stogie. Congrats, man.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by firemanfrank8 View Post
    Congrats to everyone who scored well on the testing! I took the test for my first time and did not score as well as I had planned. I studied and prepared thoroughly and expected a higher score. Does anybody have any advice on how to improve my scoring in the future? I feel as if the 2nd portion of the test really threw me off as well. Thanks in advance!
    On the WSI I either answered strongly agree or strongly disagreed. I didn't answer anything in between. Me and two of my buddies took the test and we all got 100 but our rankings all differed. We definitely disagreed on a few WSI questions, So I'm pretty sure there are multiple ways to score 100 via WIS.

Forum Member

On the WSI I either answered strongly agree or strongly disagreed. I didn't answer anything in between. Me and two of my buddies took the test and we all got 100 but our rankings all differed. We definitely disagreed on a few WSI questions, So I'm pretty sure there are multiple ways to score 100 via WIS.
    I did exactly as Phillybred did. Strongly agree and strongly disagree. I never chalked myself out to a middle answer.

Also some news from the vine:
    Word is they are putting 2 classes through THIS SUMMER. One class of strictly veterans, another of average joes. Knowledge comes from my buddy who is already on the job. Take it with a grain of salt obviously.

Forum Member

Someone I know answered that way and didn't pass, he swore he passed the book part. I think he is going to review the test so we will see.

Forum Member

Someone I know answered that way and didn't pass, he swore he passed the book part. I think he is going to review the test so we will see.
    That WSI is complete BS. But.. I guess we all have to pass it.

Forum Member

Stogie, I was told that both list are already established... and that the bilingual list is only 40 candidates long! For some reason I'm not on that list. I have a lot of questions for HR that I need answered. I'll be dogging them for the next few months.

Thanks Stogie. Congrats, man.
    Hey Phillybred so did you see the list?

Forum Member

in regards to the WSI, i remember at the mini-academy the woman from the company that made the tests suggesting NOT to completely hug one side or the other as far as the 'strongly agree/disagree' answers. she essentially said the people who do best are the ones who answer honestly in favor of their requirements as opposed to those who are answering to try and essentially look better by going only with the 'strongly' options.

Thread Information