Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 916171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: City of Philadelphia- Winter 2013

Forum Member

Has anyone heard when the revised list will come out? and also how many spots do you think the people without certs will drop.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by firefighter hopeful View Post
    Has anyone heard when the revised list will come out? and also how many spots do you think the people without certs will drop.

Heard "maybe" by April 11th for the revised list to be out..

Forum Member

i was told by HR that the new list would be out around three weeks from the appeals deadline, which would be around april 11. obviously things are subject to change or be delayed...

Forum Member

i keep forgetting to ask about this...

any of you guys know anything about the medical/physical requirements, particularly vision? i know some departments have pretty strict vision standards. mines not horrible, but i do wear contact lenses.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by billyblooshoes View Post
    i keep forgetting to ask about this...

any of you guys know anything about the medical/physical requirements, particularly vision? i know some departments have pretty strict vision standards. mines not horrible, but i do wear contact lenses.
    I wish I knew...

Shawshank

I would imagine if you did not get extra points for certs, that your current rank number would increase(get worse) due to the amount of people who have appealed for extra points these last several weeks. I'm anxious to know or see if the people getting new points added to their score go to the bottom of their new score rank or if they rescramble or generate new numbers for evryone in that rank.
    Don't be a know it all! Be a know a lot!

Forum Member

Well its april 11th will there be a revised list today or not that is the question?
    ThePhillyKid likes this.

Forum Member

The application for EMT has gone up if anyone is interested:

https://phila.peopleadmin.com/postings/search

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaShrapnel View Post
    The application for EMT has gone up if anyone is interested:

https://phila.peopleadmin.com/postings/search
    Wonder how this will effect the amount of firefighters they will be hiring. Guess the union didn't stop it?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redrick View Post
    Wonder how this will effect the amount of firefighters they will be hiring. Guess the union didn't stop it?

The city wants to hire 50 emt's...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phila Fire Test 2013 View Post
    The city wants to hire 50 emt's...
    That's a lot of EMT's lol.
    edit: Phila, do you don't think it's a lot or what? Elaborate, emotions are difficult over the internet ha.
    Last edited by Redrick; 04-14-2014 at 05:19 PM.

Forum Member

I just heard from my buddy whos on the fire department and he said that as of right now they are looking to hire 200 new firefighters from this list. and that it will be 2 classes going in at once just like the previous 2 classes. They are trying to get the classes in somewhere around august. there is no word if they are gonna take additional classes after these 2 though.

Forum Member

I actually heard the same thing over the weekend. 2 classes of 100 guys going thru at the same time for an academy starting possibly some time this Fall.

Forum Member

Did the sources you guys had say anything about vets ? Previous rumors suggested a class of all vets, and apparently the last list either hired or disqualified them all. Any word ?

Forum Member

I have not heard if there will be an all vet class. But just looking at the list right now there are 69 vets in the top 812. then from number 813 to 862 there are 45 vets. So in total there is only 114 on the list. But my guess is that those 69 are most likely gonna get hired and not so much with the other 45 as there was a big fuss over the last list not going in order.

Forum Member

I have not heard if there will be an all vet class. But just looking at the list right now there are 69 vets in the top 812. then from number 813 to 862 there are 45 vets. So in total there is only 114 on the list. But my guess is that those 69 are most likely gonna get hired and not so much with the other 45 as there was a big fuss over the last list not going in order.
    Was there really? Also, guys, you have to look at the weight requirements, and that some people will just stop being interested. I say if your in the top 250, your still in the game.

Forum Member

yes out of the first 76 people on the list 69 are vets. then the next vet doesnt show up until 813. And i agree with you redrick but i would say if you are in the first 350 you have a shot as some people will be disqualified and there will be people not even interested in the job anymore. best the luck to everyone and keep faith.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redrick View Post
    Was there really? Also, guys, you have to look at the weight requirements, and that some people will just stop being interested. I say if your in the top 250, your still in the game.
    just out of curiosity, what are these weight requirements you are speaking of and where did you see them?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by billyblooshoes View Post
    just out of curiosity, what are these weight requirements you are speaking of and where did you see them?
    Guy that went through the last rotation. When they send you an orientation letter, you get a weight/height ratio card or something similar saying where you need to be to pass the medical

Forum Member

Hey guys, this is my first post, but I've read this forum a lot and I want to thank everyone for contributing for us lurkers out there. I see a lot of talk about how many vets are on the list. I just want to let you guys know that the city messed up and didn't give all vets their extra points. I'm one of them. Something to do with the online application or something. So the number is likely to increase, but I can't tell you by how much.

Thread Information