Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1118192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: City of Philadelphia- Winter 2013

Forum Member

So, because of the EMT thing I went and applied to that, it said that the application wouldn't close until May. Going on the Phila.gov website now shows that the EMT application has been closed, NOT completed as my firefighter application is. Does this mean that are re-considering or what?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redrick View Post
    So, because of the EMT thing I went and applied to that, it said that the application wouldn't close until May. Going on the Phila.gov website now shows that the EMT application has been closed, NOT completed as my firefighter application is. Does this mean that are re-considering or what?
    The last day for the emt application was Friday April 25.. Didn't see anything for may..

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phila Fire Test 2013 View Post
    The last day for the emt application was Friday April 25.. Didn't see anything for may..
    Yeah, I submitted it, but now it says it's "closed" and not completed. I submitted it several days ago, before the 25th.

Forum Member

I called HR on Friday and was told the list would be out very soon. I also called the PFD about the rumor of the hiring process being put on hold. I was told the rumor was not correct and to just have patience. The fire department is on its own time and trying to predict their movements or motives it like playing the lottery. Just relax and enjoy life, if it's supposed to happen, it will. If not, then there will be another time.
    Redrick and billyblooshoes like this.

Forum Member

Anybody hear how the hearing on Friday came out?

Forum Member

Just heard that the city won and the EMTs will get hired. Good try by the union but the city will do what they want. It's just waiting game from here on out my friends.

Forum Member

does anyone know how high on the list the city got last hiring process? I'm up in the late 300's and was gauging whether I have a shot or not...

Forum Member

If you got your app in before the 25th...you have until may 25th to get in all your supporting paperwork...licenses and certs..etc.

Forum Member

Rocky..typically if ur in the late 300's u will most likely be in the fourth class off the list..all depends but that is a round about..

Forum Member

thanks man...i hope i stay there..i thought i would drop a bit with appeals for points..but i haven't heard anything about an updated list at this point...keeping my fingers cross..i'm older and don't know how many years i have to wait for this job! i figured if you hit around 400-450..you could be good..figuring those that would lose interest..get bounced for weight and other stuff..thanks again!

Forum Member

you guys have to remember, just because someone places well on the list, does not mean they are guaranteed a job. people will be eliminated because of physicals, background discrepancies, and certainly during interviews. if you dont interview well, they wont offer you a job. also im sure there will be people who tested but have since moved on, taken other jobs, lost interest, etc...

Forum Member

I started a seperate thread for the EMT hiring to keep things less confusing.
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/t128650/#post1407565 (Philadelphia EMT Hiring 2014)
    PFD188Hopeful likes this.

Forum Member

You guys see they are ending the brownouts? Saw it on the news. That has to be good news for us.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...257217491.html

Forum Member

logic prevails...that is not how it usually is in philadelphia.

Forum Member

Welp fellows this could be good new in with hiring new firefighters. Hopefully with all the firefighters retiring and this news, maybe 3 classes can be hired off this list. Heck this as already been a roller coaster of emotions for me and im guessing its going to be like this for 2 more years until everything is said and done. Well best of luck to everyone out there attempting to do a lifelong dream.
    Last edited by firefighter hopeful; 04-30-2014 at 12:00 PM.

Forum Member

Forum Member

As big as 50 members being promoted sounds, only eleven were actually firefighters moving up to Lieutenant. The rest are EMS officers or were already fire officers. I doubt eleven firefighters being promoted will change things that much.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by somebuffyguy View Post
    As big as 50 members being promoted sounds, only eleven were actually firefighters moving up to Lieutenant. The rest are EMS officers or were already fire officers. I doubt eleven firefighters being promoted will change things that much.
    i didnt mean to insinuate that this would change anything or open up more spots...just passing along the news and congratulations to those promoted.

Forum Member

ok..anyone hear anything yet? three months since the list came out..six months since the test...Why so slow?
    Last edited by RockyFortune; 05-05-2014 at 06:01 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RockyFortune View Post
    ok..anyone hear anything yet? three months since the list came out..six months since the test...Why so slow?
    Don't expect anything until at least next November. The threads pretty much going in hibernation mode.

Thread Information