Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1219202122232425 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: City of Philadelphia- Winter 2013

Forum Member

Isn't next November when the next test will be coming out ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by somebuffyguy View Post
    No, the test taken last November (2013) is good for two years. I say November, because the next two fire classes won't be going through until Spring of 2015. I'm just Spit-balling November at the very least. I wouldn't realistically expect to hear anything from the city about the revised list until probably February of 2015.

My mind set being, why release the list at all if they don't plan on hiring immediately after.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by somebuffyguy View Post
    The next written test should be fall of 2015....

Forum Member

The day the revised list is released is when the two years begins

Forum Member

Redrick where are you getting your info from?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by drew31 View Post
    Redrick where are you getting your info from?
    Friend on the job told me that because of the EMT hires, that both Firefighter classes would be pushed back until Spring of 2015. We are still in, it's just more waiting.

Forum Member

So it was stated that PFD headquarters told someone that the rumors of delayed hiring were not true and that the new list would be out soon. But people I have personally talked to on the job and people others on here have talked to have all said they are hearing hiring will be pushed back. Seems odd having two totally conflicting stories coming out both from legitimate sources.

Forum Member

the two year clock does not start unitl the first name off the list is pulled. so if they dont pull the first name until september of this year the earliest they can hire from a new test is october of 2016.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by billyblooshoes View Post
    So it was stated that PFD headquarters told someone that the rumors of delayed hiring were not true and that the new list would be out soon. But people I have personally talked to on the job and people others on here have talked to have all said they are hearing hiring will be pushed back. Seems odd having two totally conflicting stories coming out both from legitimate sources.

All it tells me amigo is that the city is just as lost as we are haha.

Forum Member

Something is definitely not right with this process.. The last list (2011 test) they were receiving their orientation letters just about this time. "We" are all wondering if we will ever see a revised list for this test (which I'm sure is already done just not released).. Just seems like this whole test was just not met to be ( or other words just bad timing) with this whole reconstruction of the ems division (emt hiring).. I guess just have plenty of patience and don't quit your day job!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by firefighter hopeful View Post
    the two year clock does not start unitl the first name off the list is pulled. so if they dont pull the first name until september of this year the earliest they can hire from a new test is october of 2016.
    Hate to break it to you, but that's incorrect. It's based on when the list is published
    10.071 - NON-CONTINUOUS AND PERIODIC LISTS. Eligible lists established as the result of non-continuous or periodic examinations shall continue in force for at least one year from the date that the list is signed and designated as an Established Eligible List until exhausted or replaced but in no case longer than two years. When a more recent list has been established for a class, the Director may determine that a previous non-continuous or periodic list for that class, which is more than one year old, shall be canceled and replaced by the more recently established list, or consolidated in accordance with Regulation 10.08 if it has been determined that the selection process used to create both eligible lists is equivalent in content and level of difficulty.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffwife83 View Post
    Hate to break it to you, but that's incorrect. It's based on when the list is published
    10.071 - NON-CONTINUOUS AND PERIODIC LISTS. Eligible lists established as the result of non-continuous or periodic examinations shall continue in force for at least one year from the date that the list is signed and designated as an Established Eligible List until exhausted or replaced but in no case longer than two years. When a more recent list has been established for a class, the Director may determine that a previous non-continuous or periodic list for that class, which is more than one year old, shall be canceled and replaced by the more recently established list, or consolidated in accordance with Regulation 10.08 if it has been determined that the selection process used to create both eligible lists is equivalent in content and level of difficulty.
    Thanks for the information, I was just passing along the information i was told when i called HR last week to ask when the new Eligible List would be coming out. I also asked when the 2 year clock starts and he said it does not start until the first name is pulled off the list.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffwife83 View Post

I wouldn't even follow that. Remember how they said they wouldn't accept certs after the day of the test?

Forum Member

So who here on this thread applied for the EMT position?

Forum Member

I applied.

Forum Member

I applied as well.. I'm just curious as to how they are going to rank us? Considering there was no civil test.. according to the application a list will be established the week of may 26..

Forum Member

Im assuming random number. They love that.

Forum Member

i applied..haven't heard any information regarding how the list is setup..when i asked i was directed to the job description.

Forum Member

Any word on how many EMT'S the city wants to hire?

Forum Member

50ish. Thats what the news articles said.

Thread Information