Like Tree30Likes

Thread: City of Philadelphia- Winter 2013

Shawshank

I called the number today listed on the above post. I talked to Mr. Starling who wasn't much help in any information other than he states there will be another test in November. I told him I was confused as to why the city would host another test in November when the city had just had one the year previous with no candidates hired off of it. He was unaware of the new eligibility list and was able to give me a phone number to a lieutenant in recruiting. I called and left a message with no return call as of yet.

Forum Member

Let me start off by saying I have no more information on this than anyone, so I could be wrong. What I've figured out here is through simple common sense.

This testing in November sounds like malarkey. The 2013 test was announced on 7/22/13 and applications closed 8/23/13. So we're already two months behind and counting with no notice so far. The listing says we will be contacted two weeks before the test, so if it were posted tomorrow they'd have one month for everyone to apply and a test to be set up. Currently on the Philadelphia HR page has a job interest form the the 2015 test posted.

The "Military Career Advancement Project" also sounds like a load of crap itself. As a veterans myself, I've never heard of this group before. Its website is a poorly put together WordPress site. The number listed and this Mr Starling character seem to have no affiliation with the City of Philadelphia.

Most likely I think this is just a mistake, the posting states 2015 repeatedly before saying this November. Unless someone has some better evidence- or a job posting comes out very soon, I'm not buying into this.

Forum Member

Well there is some good news. It seems you are right about the website having the wrong information. I was able to get a hold of someone in the HR department. They confirmed that there is no schedule test for anytime in November (11/2014). Unfortunately they could not tell me when they would start pulling names off the list for hire either. I just hope the list don't expire before they decided to start hiring.

Shawshank

Quote Originally Posted by saturn View Post
    Well there is some good news. It seems you are right about the website having the wrong information. I was able to get a hold of someone in the HR department. They confirmed that there is no schedule test for anytime in November (11/2014). Unfortunately they could not tell me when they would start pulling names off the list for hire either. I just hope the list don't expire before they decided to start hiring.
    The 2 year time on the list does not start until the first candidates are canvassed for hire. Essentially making all this time we have been waiting, "free time" if you will. So that's the information that has been said on this thread anyway.

Forum Member

Forum Member

Did anybody from out of state manage to get extra points for FF1 or EMT ? I'm already looking at 2015.

Thread Information