Forum Member

Default Greenwich, CT Fire Department 2013

anybody else applying for the Greenwich FD exam?

http://agency.governmentjobs.com/gre...b&jobID=683302

Forum Member

I applied too.

I was really surprised by their Human Resources Department, nothing but good things to say about the process so far.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by njlegion View Post
    I applied too.

I was really surprised by their Human Resources Department, nothing but good things to say about the process so far.
    I decided not to apply because of the requirement of having CPAT before exam. I think it is a bit silly and im not sure why CT departments work this way. Different from NY departments that send you for your CPAT. In any case, good luck with the rest of the process

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDEngine View Post
    I decided not to apply because of the requirement of having CPAT before exam. I think it is a bit silly and im not sure why CT departments work this way. Different from NY departments that send you for your CPAT. In any case, good luck with the rest of the process
    Because YOU pay for it every year at $150, it shows dedication, also most depts use that as there agility therefore no drama BS that a specific agility was too hard or wasn't fair or bias or racist or whatever they call it these days.

Forum Member

I'm not sure if you already knew this, but for future reference, Greenwich just wanted to confirm that you either had a CPAT card or were registered to take the CPAT in the fall. You didn't necessarily need to have a CPAT card previously, as long as you were taking the CPAT this fall you were eligible to apply.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by njlegion View Post
    I'm not sure if you already knew this, but for future reference, Greenwich just wanted to confirm that you either had a CPAT card or were registered to take the CPAT in the fall. You didn't necessarily need to have a CPAT card previously, as long as you were taking the CPAT this fall you were eligible to apply.
    Yes I did know that. I was going to sign up for the fall but I am not ready to start with a hiring process and felt that paying for the CPAT (although would be great experience) would also be a waste because I am not ready to pursue the process for at least another year maybe two and am focusing on my volly department for now.

MembersZone Subscriber

It is not a waste. Testing anywhere is a good experience and should help you become a better test taker. Regardless, if you did take the test, the hiring process may take a year or two anyway.

Yes, it is great experience, but focusing on your volunteer life isn't going to get you hired. Testing and applying for these jobs will.

Yes I did know that. I was going to sign up for the fall but I am not ready to start with a hiring process and felt that paying for the CPAT (although would be great experience) would also be a waste because I am not ready to pursue the process for at least another year maybe two and am focusing on my volly department for now.

Forum Member

Oh yeah? The vollys must really take of you with your rent/mortgage and other bills, where they located? Sign me up!

Forum Member

Anyone else taking the written test September 14th?

Thread Information