Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Howard County 2013

Forum Member

Yeah reng.... Idk if they would be too happy about your post... A lot of places I've applied say not to mention anything about the interview or the process in which they do them. Don't get me wrong I'm all for helping people, but you're doing it the wrong way... Just my opinion. Best of luck to everyone out there interviewing and still going through CPAT!
    Last edited by thedig423; 08-22-2013 at 05:18 AM.

Forum Member

Reng I just tried to PM you but your setting is switched off.

Forum Member

Had my interview today. And usually there is a confidentiality notice when doing any kind of testing with any department whether it be the written test or with the oral interview questions. Hopefully this does not nullify those of us who have already taken our interviews or Class 28 applicants in general. I understand what you were trying to accomplish Reng but this could potentially have repercussions on all of us in the process thus far.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DEason06 View Post
    Had my interview today. And usually there is a confidentiality notice when doing any kind of testing with any department whether it be the written test or with the oral interview questions. Hopefully this does not nullify those of us who have already taken our interviews or Class 28 applicants in general. I understand what you were trying to accomplish Reng but this could potentially have repercussions on all of us in the process thus far.
    Yeah...

How did you do DEason?
    Last edited by thedig423; 08-22-2013 at 05:19 AM.

Forum Member

I feel I did well. But we will see they are sending emails regarding interview sometime in October so it's now just a waiting game. All you can really do is prepare yourself as best as you can and just be you. Best advise I can give anyone just go in there be confident not cocky and sell yourself. Try not to be nervous and take your time answering the questions to the best of your ability. Good luck Dig and all the rest of you in the process.
    jrj0487 likes this.

Forum Member

Just did interview today. DON'T sweat it.
    Last edited by bde407; 08-11-2013 at 12:18 AM.

Forum Member

And now the waiting game...

Forum Member

Interviewed today.... And yea.. The wait game begins... I dont know if anyone else asked but, My two interviewers advised 30-35 in this class. 60-80 will get conditionals apparently? because Medicals and Backgrounds will knock out others. Should hear something by October because they are interviewing through sept. Projected Academy late January 2014.. Good Luck all, post when you hear something.

Forum Member

CPAT testing is officially over. I wonder how many interviewed...

Forum Member

Yeah really.. During my interview the one F/F said that its not uncommon to loose half the candidates during the CPAT.. We shall see.

Forum Member

Ok, I have to ask this question only because I don't no or even have a clue. What is the medical part of the hiring. I understand the background part, but what is the medical portion and what is the process of the medical?

Forum Member

I would think it would be a complete physical with a doctor.. Stress test, review of medical hx to determine if there would be anything hindering you from preforming tasks. Background, Im wondering myself about.. Not that I have anything to worry about, I would just like to give employer a heads up if they where to contact them or if its just checking if you are a criminal... Anyone have a clue how many passed CPAT?

Forum Member

Got a conditional offer via email yesterday!

Forum Member

I got the we thank you but we have decided to go with other applicants, email. I just don't understand. I thought I did great thru entire process. Congrats to the ones that got the conditional offer. I sure wish I could find out just where I lacked. NFPA FF II certification, Emt B Certification. Strong work history. What is the SECRET?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bde407 View Post
    I got the we thank you but we have decided to go with other applicants, email. I just don't understand. I thought I did great thru entire process. Congrats to the ones that got the conditional offer. I sure wish I could find out just where I lacked. NFPA FF II certification, Emt B Certification. Strong work history. What is the SECRET?
    Same here bde407... I thought the certs that I have and a strong test/cpat/interview would go a long way, guess they weren't as strong as I thought haha. Well on to the next one! GREAT JOB AND GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE WITH A CO!!!!!!!! STAY SAFE!

Forum Member

Does anyone know how long the background checks will take?

Also, does anyone know how the academy is structured?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Little Foot View Post
    Got a conditional offer via email yesterday!
    This makes me sick. I only hope that a lot of you fail out of academy.

Forum Member

After a post like that I am glad you did not get an offer JD. This is and extremely competitive job. For someone to hope people fail out of an academy is shameful and certainly does not show the brother or sisterhood that the fire service and Howard County instills.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jsc3936 View Post
    After a post like that I am glad you did not get an offer JD. This is and extremely competitive job. For someone to hope people fail out of an academy is shameful and certainly does not show the brother or sisterhood that the fire service and Howard County instills.
    Sound like a contradiction to me...competitive process then hoping other people get your job? I think not..I hope they crash and burn in academy (no pun intended)

Forum Member

Does anyone have any idea when final offers are going out?

Thread Information