Like Tree82Likes

Thread: If the demographic fits, hope they don't acquit

Forum Member

Train to fight the fires you fight.

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    Stupid, irrelevant, and just another way to keep this story alive. Whether you post this or anyone else does.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Forum Member

Maybe. But Martin would be a hero. Something Zimmerman's defenders can't deny.

This line is another in long line of dumb***** comments from you that is irrelevant to the topic.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Maybe. But Martin would be a hero. Something Zimmerman's defenders can't deny.

This line is another in long line of dumb***** comments from you that is irrelevant to the topic.
    No, this is VERY relevant to the topic.

I doubt that Obama could give you the name of one American soldier killed in Afghanistan in the past 24 hours without call the DOD.

And I doubt if you asked Obama he could give you one name of a black kid that was shot by another black kid anywhere in this country in the last 24 hours.

Yet all he can seem to talk about is Trevyon.

So yes, his priorities, and the priorities of many black leaders when it comes to black violence is very much relevant.

Forum Member

No, this is VERY relevant to the topic.

I doubt that Obama could give you the name of one American soldier killed in Afghanistan in the past 24 hours without call the DOD.

And I doubt if you asked Obama he could give you one name of a black kid that was shot by another black kid anywhere in this country in the last 24 hours.

Yet all he can seem to talk about is Trevyon.

So yes, his priorities, and the priorities of many black leaders when it comes to black violence is very much relevant.
    It's only relevant to those like you dumbasses like you who believe that profiling is acceptable.

Zimmerman is a punk. I'm glad Martin got in a few good shots before the coward shot him.
    Last edited by scfire86; 07-23-2013 at 11:29 AM.

Forum Member

It's only relevant to those like you dumbasses like you who believe that profiling is acceptable.

Zimmerman is a punk. I'm glad Martin got in a few good shots before the coward shot him.
    Funny ... I don't remember anyone on this thread calling martin a name like a punk, thug or gangster, but you call Zimmerman names.

Pretty telling.

Forum Member

Funny ... I don't remember anyone on this thread calling martin a name like a punk, thug or gangster, but you call Zimmerman names.

Pretty telling.
    Then it's now obvious your memory is as long as your pecker.

You need to reread some of the posts on this thread.

It's telling that you still claim to the dumbass belief that profiling is acceptable.

Forum Member

You need to reread some of the posts on this thread.

It's telling that you still claim to the dumbass belief that profiling is acceptable.
    Just read back several pages and didn't find one poster that decided to call Martin names.

As far as profiling, when there is statistical evidence that indicates that a specific group is more likely to engage in criminal activity than other groups, yes, I pay attention.

Again, if you wish to call that profiling or that makes me a racist, have at it. I just call it situational awareness.

MembersZone Subscriber

Only an idiot believes that profiling is acceptable. Which is what Zimmerman did that night.
    BS. Let's be clear, profiling is a part of human nature. Be it by race, appearance or other, we are all products of our environments, upbringing and experiences. You cannot help how you feel about a certain scenario, it is the sum of the former. We attempt to legislate profiling out of our justice system, but you cannot change what is inside people's heads. Anyone has every right to use every instinct in their body to remain situationally aware.

Any self-defense program at nearly every level will tell you to be acutely aware of your surroundings and things that look out of place. A black man in a predominantly white neighborhood is going to stick out, not racism, merely observation. Much like a white man in a black neighborhood or any particular ethnic area. Nothing about observing a young black male in a predominantly white neighborhood makes Martin guilty of anything. Nor does it indicate Zimmerman is anything but human. So many espouse to be so enlightened they'd not notice anything out of place, but I believe their either lying (to themselves and all) or completely oblivious to anything around them.

I know that I notice males (actually females too) wearing hoodies with the hood up. Regardless of color I immediately am more suspicious of them than those without. To me it appears they are trying to disguise their faces. I don't avoid them or follow them or expect them to suddenly commit a crime, but they are noticeably different. I live in an area pretty devoid of much color, an African american, asian or nearly any other visibly difference race stands out a little more, add a hoody and a recent rash of crime and that the profile would be there with no deep rooted racist tendencies, merely general observation, natural suspicion with a heightened awareness.

Ignoring a person who is visibly different than what you typically see day to day in a certain place, your neighborhood, work, home, is naturally going to be noticeable, it's observation. Add in one or more more factors that might make someone suspicious and then note a rash of crime in the same location and that observation leads to suspicion. In no way does that mean you can target that person, but at the point Zimmerman called the police to report Martin he was just doing what we hope our neighbors would do, and even are asked by the government to do, post 9/11.

So spare us the enlightened BS and tell us why this case is racist and not a collision of observation, poor judgement and tragedy.
    Last edited by RFDACM02; 07-23-2013 at 01:17 PM. Reason: keyboard caused misspelled words

Forum Member

Just read back several pages and didn't find one poster that decided to call Martin names.
    Then you didn't read back far enough. The term thug was used in describing Martin because of his attire by several individuals.

As far as profiling, when there is statistical evidence that indicates that a specific group is more likely to engage in criminal activity than other groups, yes, I pay attention.
    Okay numbnuts. I actually bothered to do some digging on this stat since I know there is always more to the story when dealing with idiots like yourself. While Blacks may account for nearly half the murders, Blacks also account for half of the murder victims. In 2009, two more White people were murdered than Black people according to the Bureau of Justice. Almost half of of the Black victims were from the ages of 17 to 29. So most of these murders are young urban deaths often related to gang activity.

Basically there are about 25,000 murders a year, and there are about 42,000,000 Blacks in the United States. Being Black does not mean that one is statistically likely to be a murderer.

The odds of a cracker like you in Sticksville being killed by a Black male is almost as likely as you getting a degree in mathematics from a university that has standards higher than just showing up (which is about all of your certs) or paying tuition to one of the many diploma mills. A number so small I would need scientific notation to make it fit on one line.

So keep spouting your racially biased paranoia even though you have a better chance being killed by a heart attack caused by the jelly donuts you regularly consume.

Again, if you wish to call that profiling or that makes me a racist, have at it. I just call it situational awareness.
    No, it's just plain old racism.
    Last edited by scfire86; 07-23-2013 at 02:48 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RFDACM02 View Post
    I know that I notice males (actually females too) wearing hoodies with the hood up. Regardless of color I immediately am more suspicious of them than those without.
    I'm not....ever. In Martin's case there is a very good chance he was wearing his hoodie with the hood up because it was FREAKING RAINING.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    No matter what else happened, if Zimmerman stays in his vehicle no physical confrontation occurs.

If Trayvon doesn't assault Zimmerman, no physical confrontation occurs.

Fixed it for you. Up until that occured, no illegal activity on either side occured. And there is NO evidence that the first physical contact was from Zimmerman.

Forum Member

Those few good shots are what got him killed. Maybe if he weren't a thug he'd still be alive. The trials over, you can stop whining.

MembersZone Subscriber

I'm not....ever. In Martin's case there is a very good chance he was wearing his hoodie with the hood up because it was FREAKING RAINING.
    The why doesn't matter, most of us don't ask why when we observe things and we jump to conclusions in a millisecond. I specifically noted that it didn't extend Zimmerman's rights or automatically make him a criminal, merely noting it could make people suspicious regardless of color. This is no way means that we should act on just a single feeling alone, but jut is an explanation of one man's observation is another's profiling. Profiling is human nature, profiling used in place of random searches is wrong, and likely ineffective but a behavior that can be controlled by rules, feelings cannot be changed by others.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnsb View Post

Fixed it for you. Up until that occured, no illegal activity on either side occured. And there is NO evidence that the first physical contact was from Zimmerman.

Those few good shots are what got him killed. Maybe if he weren't a thug he'd still be alive. The trials over, you can stop whining.
    I'm not whining. While there is no proof Zimmerman initiated physical contact, the only one of the two that had a history of violence and thuggish behavior was Zimmerman.

Your stereotyping of Martin isn't as bad as LAFE's, but almost.

Forum Member

YOU don't need to fix a God Damned thing for me. MY OPINION is MY OPINION and Frankly Sir, YOU don't have to like it.

There is also NO PROOF, other than Zimmerman's story, that Trayvon threw the first punch.
    Maybe it's not too late

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RFDACM02 View Post
    The why doesn't matter, most of us don't ask why when we observe things and we jump to conclusions in a millisecond. I specifically noted that it didn't extend Zimmerman's rights or automatically make him a criminal, merely noting it could make people suspicious regardless of color. This is no way means that we should act on just a single feeling alone, but jut is an explanation of one man's observation is another's profiling. Profiling is human nature, profiling used in place of random searches is wrong, and likely ineffective but a behavior that can be controlled by rules, feelings cannot be changed by others.
    The WHY doesn't matter? How could it not matter? So many have used the hoodie to demonize Martin. They say the hood was up to conceal his face and use it to justify Zimmerman's actions. If the hood was up because it was raining, Martin gets a whole lot less suspicious, does he not?

Forum Member

I agree, let's let him post his cancer to the fire service nonsense unanswered. Because that would be so much better.
    Or maybe, just maybe, if we didn't acknowledge him, it wouldn't give him the opportunity to post his opinion thousands of times!
    RFDACM02 likes this.

Forum Member

Hmmm.... I'm sure I ate breakfast this morning but for the life of me..............
    The fire service is about service to our fellow man.
    There is a trust that must not be broken and we are the keepers of that trust.
    Captain Dave LeBlanc

Forum Member

YOU don't need to fix a God Damned thing for me. MY OPINION is MY OPINION and Frankly Sir, YOU don't have to like it.

There is also NO PROOF, other than Zimmerman's story, that Trayvon threw the first punch.
    You REALLY don't need to bring God into this. And no, I don't like your uninformed opinion. But, whatever.
    Maybe if the Martins had done a better job of raising their kid he's still be alive.

Me, I'm going back to firefighting stuff here.

Forum Member

You REALLY don't need to bring God into this. And no, I don't like your uninformed opinion. But, whatever.
    Maybe if the Martins had done a better job of raising their kid he's still be alive.

I could say the same thing about the Zimmermans. Had they raised their kid better, he wouldn't have pursued someone on a rainy night because the individual was black wearing a sweatshirt.

Forum Member

You can sing, you can dance, you can spin anyway you like...the truth still remains, if Zimmerman stays back, never leaves his vehicle, and simply reports Trayvon's last location, no confrontation occurs.

You should go back to the fire stuff because YOU are the last person I want speaking for me, or telling me what I can and can't say.
    Maybe it's not too late

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by captnjak View Post
    The WHY doesn't matter? How could it not matter? So many have used the hoodie to demonize Martin. They say the hood was up to conceal his face and use it to justify Zimmerman's actions. If the hood was up because it was raining, Martin gets a whole lot less suspicious, does he not?
    My point is that "why doesn't matter" with regard to what alerts any particular person to something being suspicious. It is in know way a justification for the final outcome merely a factor that led up to it. What are we allowed to find suspicious or out of the ordinary enough to rise out level of concern? You cannot legislate way what things make people feel a certain way. If you hear a car alarm and then see a person running in a direction away from the alarm must you not be suspicious for fear of profiling runners?

Also, the hoodie in no way was used to justify Zimmermans actions in court. Again the media and the masses mean little and more often than not are wrong or have too little information. Zimmerman did not need to legally justify his reason for being suspicious, sure it's brought up to put things into context, but he's legally allowed to have been suspicious for any reason. The justifiable shooting was clearly as a result of the jury believing that Martin attacked Zimmerman and he feared for life or limb. Since none of the events presented leading up to that point were illegal, they are irrelevant to the actual verdict. A lot of a court case is like a word/math problem, you need to strip away all the extra to get to the actual issue to find the answer.

I in no way condone demonizing Martin at all for anything that we know he did or didn't do. He very well may have been just in the wrong place at the wrong time when Zimmerman poorly chose to leave his vehicle. I agree the suspicion is far lower given the rain, but that doesn't have to mean totally gone or at all gone in Zimmermans' mind. Not to mention "people demonizing Martin over the hoodie is total BS in my mind, I don't care what the masses think, the focus should be on the legal system from the initial officers through the verdict.

For everyone who demonized Martin over the hoodie, I suspect there are as many demonizing Zimmerman for carrying a gun, a previous bout with the law, and other issues. He's no hero to me, he's just a man who was found to have been justified in killing someone of which the circumstances are questionable enough to raise doubt on both sides, leading to the presumption of innocence in court. This case shows how little many people understand laws or our legal system or even care when they arrive at a verdict before the jury.
    Last edited by RFDACM02; 07-24-2013 at 08:46 AM. Reason: keyboard caused misspelled words

MembersZone Subscriber

I could say the same thing about the Zimmermans. Had they raised their kid better, he wouldn't have pursued someone on a rainy night because the individual was black wearing a sweatshirt.
    There it is, the actual racism being brought into it. Zimmerman may have done it just as you say, or just maybe he followed a young person who looked suspicious to him given the recent crimes in his gated community? The hoodie and Martin's color are merely descriptive adjectives. Or are we supposed to be so enlightened to not report those facts when calling the police? If he was a white supremacist or neo-Nazi or had some racist past, maybe we could buy into this a little more, but all indications are that he was none of those and thus you and so many others have turned adjectives into hate speech.
    Last edited by RFDACM02; 07-24-2013 at 08:52 AM. Reason: keyboard caused misspelled words

Forum Member

You can sing, you can dance, you can spin anyway you like...the truth still remains, if Zimmerman stays back, never leaves his vehicle, and simply reports Trayvon's last location, no confrontation occurs.

You should go back to the fire stuff because YOU are the last person I want speaking for me, or telling me what I can and can't say.
    And you can sing, dance or do the two-step but Zimmerman was within his rights to follow Martin.

It was Martin that made the decision to double back and likely escalate the incident.

And there is no changing that reality. Blame Zimmerman all you want, but if Martin had just gone home .... We would not be having this discussion.

Sit there all you want to tell yourself that when Martin ran into Zimmerman he likely politely asked George "Sir, why are you following me?". I tend to believe that there was very little conversation and Martin threw the first punch, hence, committing the first and ONLY illegal act of the evening.

Keep blaming Zimmerman for doing what he was 100% within his rights to do as a resident of that complex. It won't change the fact that Martin made the choice that changed the outcome of the evening.
    Last edited by LaFireEducator; 07-24-2013 at 09:08 AM.

Thread Information