Like Tree82Likes

Thread: If the demographic fits, hope they don't acquit

  1. #301
    Forum Member
    FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee
    Posts
    10,281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    And by the way, pretty nice job of profiling Zimmerman without knowing anything about him.
    Actually his domestic violence and fighting with the cops is public record. Maybe turn off the slanted media you have been watching and listening to and you might find these things out.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

  2. #302
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    And by the way, pretty nice job of profiling Zimmerman without knowing anything about him.
    You've made statements about Martin's behavior based upon his attire. I believe behavior based upon past actions is a greater indicator of an individual's mindset.

    Wouldn't you agree?
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  3. #303
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GTRider245 View Post
    Are you nuts? Literally every point in the video was based on factual information. Not what ifs.

    Don't worry, I didn't expect you guys to do well with real info. Keep basing your opinions on feelings and speculation.
    The video does exactly what you claim others are doing as it relates to Martin's behavior.

    Sad that you don't understand the concept of facts versus speculation.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  4. #304
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bossier Parrish, Louisiana
    Posts
    10,676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Actually his domestic violence and fighting with the cops is public record. Maybe turn off the slanted media you have been watching and listening to and you might find these things out.
    You are still profiling.

    Zimmerman has a history of domestic violence so he must have been the instigator when he confronted martin.

    That Sir ...... Is profiling.

    I have no issues in stating that when I see anybody with a hoodie pulled up over there head I steer clear as it's quite possible they are trying to hide their faces.

    If that's profiling, so be it.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

  5. #305
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    You are still profiling.

    Zimmerman has a history of domestic violence so he must have been the instigator when he confronted martin.

    That Sir ...... Is profiling.

    I have no issues in stating that when I see anybody with a hoodie pulled up over there head I steer clear as it's quite possible they are trying to hide their faces.

    If that's profiling, so be it.
    As usual you step on your own crank. You accuse others of profiling and then admit to doing the same.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  6. #306
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    971

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GTRider245 View Post
    If that be the case then Zimmerman's background in domestic violence shouldn't be a consideration either.

    And I hate to break it to you folks, but even if Zimmerman did start the fight, straddling someone while throwing MMA blows and bashing their head against the concrete is no longer self defense.
    I never said that Zimmerman's background was a pertinent fact in this case.

    If Zimmerman DID start the fight, I don't think the fact that he began to lose the fight would justify deadly force. But I'm not a criminal attorney so I can't state that as fact.

    Interesting the way you used the phrase "throwing MMA blows". Don't you mean that Martin was "punching" him. Isn't that all an MMA blow would be? What's really the difference? Aside from the fact that "throwing MMA blows" sounds so much more sinister. This is an excellent example of bias in describing the incident.

    Same thing with the phrase "bashing his head against the ground", which infers that it was done repeatedly. I've seen the video that GTRider linked to. Zimmerman had a head wound with relatively light bleeding, little or no swelling and little or no discoloration. He also had a bloody nose. Those wounds are not consistent with repeated "bashing of head against ground". But to some in the media who have an agenda "bashing head against ground" sounds better than "he got punched in the nose and his head hit the ground".

  7. #307
    Forum Member
    FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee
    Posts
    10,281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    You are still profiling.

    Zimmerman has a history of domestic violence so he must have been the instigator when he confronted martin.

    That Sir ...... Is profiling.

    I have no issues in stating that when I see anybody with a hoodie pulled up over there head I steer clear as it's quite possible they are trying to hide their faces.

    If that's profiling, so be it.
    The difference is a DOCUMENTED history of violence, versus your scared little boy, racist, stereotyping of every black person in a hoodie being out for no good.

    Sometimes I am glad you keep posting, because I sincerely hope that more people will see what a pathetic wreck of a person you are.

    Pssst...in Wisconsin we wear hoodies with the hood up to help keep warm. The stupidest part of your whole comment is 54 year old white me, would cause you to cross the street to avoid a hoodie wearing person if you were coming up behind me. You see how absolutely stupid you sound? Seriously, I laugh at your idiocy more every day. You really should go back to sounding stupid talking about fire stuff because at least over there you don't come across as a blatant racist.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

  8. #308
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Northeast Coast
    Posts
    3,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by captnjak View Post
    If Zimmerman DID start the fight, I don't think the fact that he began to lose the fight would justify deadly force. But I'm not a criminal attorney so I can't state that as fact.
    While I'm not an attorney either I did stay at a...oh never mind. Not a lawyer but have studied this side of things a bit and I believe you are absolutely correcting in saying that if someone starts a physical altercation, losing the same does not allow you to use self-defense as your defense when deadly force was applied. If you start the fight, then relinquish yourself as the "initial aggressor" by trying to leave and deescalate the situation and you are then attacked, you re-establish the right to self-defense. Again, I wouldn't bet my freedom on my say so, but from classes I've attended, discussions with self-defense and firearms instructors, and studying the subject, you do not want to be the initial aggressor while carrying a firearm, the end result could be someone dead and your loss of freedom, regardless of who the other guy is.

  9. #309
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bossier Parrish, Louisiana
    Posts
    10,676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    The difference is a DOCUMENTED history of violence, versus your scared little boy, racist, stereotyping of every black person in a hoodie being out for no good.

    Sometimes I am glad you keep posting, because I sincerely hope that more people will see what a pathetic wreck of a person you are.

    Pssst...in Wisconsin we wear hoodies with the hood up to help keep warm. The stupidest part of your whole comment is 54 year old white me, would cause you to cross the street to avoid a hoodie wearing person if you were coming up behind me. You see how absolutely stupid you sound? Seriously, I laugh at your idiocy more every day. You really should go back to sounding stupid talking about fire stuff because at least over there you don't come across as a blatant racist.
    You mean like Martin's documented history of having a screwdriver that was deemed a breakin-in tool? Or Martin's documented internet post referring to fighting and violence?

    Never did I say that everyone wearing a hoodie was out for no good. But yes, coupled with other things, I do use it to profile others on the street. And not just young blacks, but also young whites as well.

    I have no issues in stating that I profile based on a number of factors.

    The fact is Zimmerman believed that Martin was suspicious. And he had no obligation to go into further detail for the court, or quite frankly, for the public now that he has been cleared. And he did nothing illegal by following Martin. Blame him all you want, but bottom line what he did was not illegal and was not justification for Martin to double back and likely confront him, escalating the incident.

    If you want to believe that martin didn't escalate it, that's your call, but to me to expect Martin to double back without the intent to confront Zimmerman simply makes no sense.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

  10. #310
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    You mean like Martin's documented history of having a screwdriver that was deemed a breakin-in tool? Or Martin's documented internet post referring to fighting and violence?
    Did he have said screwdriver on his person that night? Is talking about violence the same as actually doing violence (like Zimmerman) a valid comparison? This is an ROFL moment.

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    The fact is Zimmerman believed that Martin was suspicious.
    Based on what behavior? Wearing a hoodie on a cool rainy evening? Zimmerman has never stated what Martin was doing that was suspicious.

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    And he had no obligation to go into further detail for the court, or quite frankly, for the public now that he has been cleared. And he did nothing illegal by following Martin. Blame him all you want, but bottom line what he did was not illegal and was not justification for Martin to double back and likely confront him, escalating the incident.
    If you believe he did nothing wrong by following Martin, then you must also believe Martin did nothing wrong by doubling back.

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    If you want to believe that martin didn't escalate it, that's your call, but to me to expect Martin to double back without the intent to confront Zimmerman simply makes no sense.
    Given the actual history one of the individuals had for violence plus the one who had possession of the firearm, it is obvious to me that Zimmerman was the most likely individual to escalate. Martin is under no obligation to explain his rationale for doubling back (if he were alive) as Zimmerman is for following him in the first place. That is if you believe your own statements.
    Last edited by scfire86; 07-25-2013 at 09:09 PM.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  11. #311
    Forum Member
    FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee
    Posts
    10,281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    You mean like Martin's documented history of having a screwdriver that was deemed a breakin-in tool? Or Martin's documented internet post referring to fighting and violence?

    A screwdriver was deemed a break in tool? How and but what standards? Because if ever possessing a screwdriver means I have a break in tool then every single time I put on my turn out coat I have a break in tool. Every time I drive my car or truck I am in possession of a break in tool. Seriously, this is so idiotic it is beneath even your usual racist drivel.

    Golly LA, I belong to a site related to firearms, does that mean I will run out and shoot someone? Again, ridiculous stretch simply to further defame a DEAD teenaged boy. How low will you sink? It seems you have no boudaries at all.


    Never did I say that everyone wearing a hoodie was out for no good. But yes, coupled with other things, I do use it to profile others on the street. And not just young blacks, but also young whites as well.

    And I quote: "I have no issues in stating that when I see anybody with a hoodie pulled up over there head I steer clear as it's quite possible they are trying to hide their faces." Why would they be attempting to hide their faces other than if you believed they are up to no good. At least be an honest enough dumb azz to admit what you mean and stop trying to cover your own tracks.


    I have no issues in stating that I profile based on a number of factors.

    Mostly as a racist. Since you have pointed out multiple times that more blacks are criminals.

    The fact is Zimmerman believed that Martin was suspicious. And he had no obligation to go into further detail for the court, or quite frankly, for the public now that he has been cleared. And he did nothing illegal by following Martin. Blame him all you want, but bottom line what he did was not illegal and was not justification for Martin to double back and likely confront him, escalating the incident.

    Listen, I will type slower so you understand this time. If I am walking down the sidewalk, or even cutting across yards and I notice someone following me I will find out why they are following me. Guess what? That may include doubling back to ask them why they are following me. Odds are, if I am not armed, I will simply keep going and call the police. I may turn around and say just to let you know I am calling the police right now.

    Just as you believe it is Zimmerman's right to follow, it is my belief that Trayvon had a right to privacy and not to be harrassed. If Zimmerman believed Trayvon was doing something suspicious call the police, like he did, and stay the hell out of it otherwise. Honestly, only someone with some serious problems follows and tries to locate someone they deem suspicious. What if said suspicious individual is waiting in ambush with a gun or knife? Zimmerman ends up dead, people are now saying what a dumb azz for getting in over his head and ending up dead.

    If you want to believe that martin didn't escalate it, that's your call, but to me to expect Martin to double back without the intent to confront Zimmerman simply makes no sense.

    Oh I am beginning to believe 100% he doubled back to confront Zimmerman. EXACTLY the same wway I would have. the only remaining question, and NO ONE will ever be able to answer it, is who threw the first punch?
    Just more nothing from you Bobby...
    Last edited by FyredUp; 07-26-2013 at 12:38 PM.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

  12. #312
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    You can sing, you can dance, you can spin anyway you like...the truth still remains, if Zimmerman stays back, never leaves his vehicle, and simply reports Trayvon's last location, no confrontation occurs.

    You should go back to the fire stuff because YOU are the last person I want speaking for me, or telling me what I can and can't say.
    Sorry just one more, I never said you can't say anything, or that I was speaking for you. You're just simply wrong that's all, and the jury said so.

  13. #313
    Forum Member
    FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee
    Posts
    10,281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnsb View Post
    Sorry just one more, I never said you can't say anything, or that I was speaking for you. You're just simply wrong that's all, and the jury said so.
    IF you are "Fixing" what I said you are attempting to speak for me. You may not see it that way, but that is the truth. I don't need you fixing anything that I say.

    NOPE, sorry, all the jury said was that Zimmerman was not guilty of murder. Further I have said that IF Zimmerman did not start the fight he is within his rights to defend himself. Sadly we will never know who started the fight because the other witness is dead.

    Frankly, if you believe Zimmerman's tactics make any logical sense at all I pity you. Let me explain to you what you expect people to believe is proper and safe tactics. Zimmerman was following someone he deemed suspicious. He loses sight of this suspicious individual and then exits his vehicle to move closer to the suspicious individual. Rememberr it is dark and raining when this all occurs. He has abslutely no idea where Trayvon Martin is at. Does that make any sense to you?
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

  14. #314
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Frankly, if you believe Zimmerman's tactics make any logical sense at all I pity you. Let me explain to you what you expect people to believe is proper and safe tactics. Zimmerman was following someone he deemed suspicious. He loses sight of this suspicious individual and then exits his vehicle to move closer to the suspicious individual. Rememberr it is dark and raining when this all occurs. He has abslutely no idea where Trayvon Martin is at. Does that make any sense to you?
    I don't know if police execute a manhunt individually in the same manner as Zimmerman. But it's a good point.
    Last edited by scfire86; 07-26-2013 at 10:08 AM.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  15. #315
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Greensboro, NC USA
    Posts
    1,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    I have also said that if Zimmerman stays in his vehicle, a safe distance back, reports Trayvon's last location it is most likely no confrontation occurs.

    Where am I wrong?
    In many of your posts in this thread you offer conditional statements. If this, then that. If Grand-Ma had balls she'd be Grand-Pa. The law does not prosecute people on "if."
    The American people will never knowingly adopt Socialism. But under the name of 'liberalism' they will adopt every fragment of the Socialist program, until one day America will be a Socialist nation, without knowing how it happened. --Norman Mattoon Thomas, 6 time presidential candidate for the Socialist Party of America

  16. #316
    Forum Member
    FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee
    Posts
    10,281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by txgp17 View Post
    In many of your posts in this thread you offer conditional statements. If this, then that. If Grand-Ma had balls she'd be Grand-Pa. The law does not prosecute people on "if."
    Why in the flying butt phuck to Siberia would you post something to this topic? It is 3 months old, not current news anymore and frankly who cares?
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

  17. #317
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by txgp17 View Post
    In many of your posts in this thread you offer conditional statements. If this, then that. If Grand-Ma had balls she'd be Grand-Pa. The law does not prosecute people on "if."
    Where have you been? I miss you.

    Zimmerman was tried and acquitted. I'm sure you agree with the verdict. Just like you did with Clinton.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  18. #318
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Greensboro, NC USA
    Posts
    1,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Why in the flying butt phuck to Siberia would you post something to this topic? It is 3 months old, not current news anymore and frankly who cares?
    Apparently you do, otherwise you wouldn't be here. And I was on a sabbatical from these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    I'm sure you agree with the verdict. Just like you did with Clinton.
    As Slick Willy said: "That depends on what your definition of "is" is."
    Last edited by txgp17; 10-27-2013 at 08:01 PM.
    The American people will never knowingly adopt Socialism. But under the name of 'liberalism' they will adopt every fragment of the Socialist program, until one day America will be a Socialist nation, without knowing how it happened. --Norman Mattoon Thomas, 6 time presidential candidate for the Socialist Party of America

  19. #319
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by txgp17 View Post
    Apparently you do, otherwise you wouldn't be here. And I was on a sabbatical from these forums.
    Was he gentle with you while you were in lockup?
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  20. #320
    Forum Member
    FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee
    Posts
    10,281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by txgp17 View Post
    Apparently you do, otherwise you wouldn't be here. And I was on a sabbatical from these forums.
    What a coincidence that I said in another topic we needed an antagonist and you re-appear.

    No, I don't care about the topic, it has long been rehashed and beaten like a dead horse. All I wanted to seeis what dumb azz wanted to fire it up again. I am not surprised it is you.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

  21. #321
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Greensboro, NC USA
    Posts
    1,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    No, I don't care about the topic, it has long been rehashed and beaten like a dead horse. All I wanted to seeis what dumb azz wanted to fire it up again. I am not surprised it is you.
    If I was as ill-informed and misled as you are about the Zimmerman/Martin case, I'd claim I'd didn't care and that it was irrelevant too.
    The American people will never knowingly adopt Socialism. But under the name of 'liberalism' they will adopt every fragment of the Socialist program, until one day America will be a Socialist nation, without knowing how it happened. --Norman Mattoon Thomas, 6 time presidential candidate for the Socialist Party of America

  22. #322
    Forum Member
    FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee
    Posts
    10,281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by txgp17 View Post
    If I was as ill-informed and misled as you are about the Zimmerman/Martin case, I'd claim I'd didn't care and that it was irrelevant too.
    Actually, you saying you are right is as meaningless as you saying I am wrong.

    The only thing irrelevant here is your desperate need for attention.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

  23. #323
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by txgp17 View Post
    If I was as ill-informed and misled as you are about the Zimmerman/Martin case, I'd claim I'd didn't care and that it was irrelevant too.
    Ha ha ha. This is a laff riot. You claiming to be informed about anything is hysterical.

    I bet you still believe the President isn't eligible because he was born in the foreign country of Hawaii.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  24. #324
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Greensboro, NC USA
    Posts
    1,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    The only thing irrelevant here is your desperate need for attention.
    Attacking me does nothing to refute the fact that you misunderstand the event.

    I didn't log on here for about 10 months. Yeah, I'm desperate for some attention.
    The American people will never knowingly adopt Socialism. But under the name of 'liberalism' they will adopt every fragment of the Socialist program, until one day America will be a Socialist nation, without knowing how it happened. --Norman Mattoon Thomas, 6 time presidential candidate for the Socialist Party of America

  25. #325
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by txgp17 View Post
    Attacking me does nothing to refute the fact that you misunderstand the event.
    Let me guess. You believe Martin was a threat because he was heavily armed with a can of iced tea and Skittles. Obviously he needed to be stalked and killed before he did something illegal.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. PG soon.....we hope!?
    By arhaney in forum Federal FIRE ACT Grants & Funding
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-23-2007, 11:39 AM
  2. Not Exactly Fire Related, But It Fits.
    By MalahatTwo7 in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-28-2004, 11:48 AM
  3. Might there be hope?!!
    By BC79er_OLDDELETE in forum Federal FIRE ACT Grants & Funding
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 02-09-2004, 12:04 PM
  4. Any Hope?
    By Kiernan in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-26-2003, 09:48 PM
  5. Hope for the best?
    By Bones42 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-15-2003, 09:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register