Like Tree82Likes

Thread: If the demographic fits, hope they don't acquit

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by txgp17 View Post
    Attacking me does nothing to refute the fact that you misunderstand the event.

I didn't log on here for about 10 months. Yeah, I'm desperate for some attention.
    He interpreted the event just as most liberals wanted to ... just another "white" Hispanic harassing poor, innocent African-American children.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    He interpreted the event just as most liberals wanted to ... just another "white" Hispanic harassing poor, innocent African-American children.
    Given Zimmerman's history of violence, one would be a complete moron to believe he was the sane one in the confrontation.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Truckie

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Given Zimmerman's history of violence, one would be a complete moron to believe he was the sane one in the confrontation.
    Yet completely ignore Martin's?
    Hypocrisy, party of 1, your table is ready.
    BoxAlarm187 likes this.
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SPFDRum View Post
    Yet completely ignore Martin's?
    Hypocrisy, party of 1, your table is ready.
    The two aren't even remotely comparable.

One was armed with a gun. One was armed with Skittles.

Forum Member

The two aren't even remotely comparable.

One was armed with a gun. One was armed with Skittles.
    Hey dumb*ss ... I think he was referring to this history of violence:

George Zimmerman’s defense team last week publicly released the contents of Trayvon Martin’s cell phone. On the phone they found text messages and images relating to street fighting, drug use, illegal gun ownership and problems at school/home.

In a recent ruling the judge for the case, Debra Nelson, said that evidence will not be initially admissible. Zimmerman’s defense team hopes to introduce the evidence to show that Martin had a predisposition to engage in fighting and violent behavior and possibly show him as the aggressor.

Forum Member

Hey dumb*ss ... I think he was referring to this history of violence:

George Zimmerman’s defense team last week publicly released the contents of Trayvon Martin’s cell phone. On the phone they found text messages and images relating to street fighting, drug use, illegal gun ownership and problems at school/home.
    Because everyone knows that images and texts are the same as being charged with resisting an officer with violence or having a TRO filed by a former fiance because of domestic violence.

Like I said. The comparison is ludicrous.

Let's talk fire trucks!

Because everyone knows that images and texts are the same as being charged with resisting an officer with violence or having a TRO filed by a former fiance because of domestic violence.
    No one said they're the "same thing," we're just pointing out that Martin's texts, images, and Facebook posts severely compromise the argument that he was just an innocent kid with some candy in his pocket.

It's far easier to surmise that he had as much to do with the escalation of the incident at Zimmerman did when you take a moment to consider that there is likely guilt on both sides - but we'll never know who carries a greater amount of guilt.
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BoxAlarm187 View Post
    No one said they're the "same thing," we're just pointing out that Martin's texts, images, and Facebook posts severely compromise the argument that he was just an innocent kid with some candy in his pocket.

It's far easier to surmise that he had as much to do with the escalation of the incident at Zimmerman did when you take a moment to consider that there is likely guilt on both sides - but we'll never know who carries a greater amount of guilt.
    I never said he was an altar boy or one of the Hardy Boys.

Show me a teenage boy who hasn't done similar things as Martin. You could use your fingers on one hand and have a couple left over.

The difference is there is nothing to show that Martin crossed the line to physical violence like Zimmerman.

More importantly, no one has yet put forth what Martin was doing that was illegal prior to him defending himself when he realized he was being stalked by Zimmerman.

Forum Member

I never said he was an altar boy or one of the Hardy Boys.

Show me a teenage boy who hasn't done similar things as Martin. You could use your fingers on one hand and have a couple left over.

The difference is there is nothing to show that Martin crossed the line to physical violence like Zimmerman.

More importantly, no one has yet put forth what Martin was doing that was illegal prior to him defending himself when he realized he was being stalked by Zimmerman.
    I know many teenage boys who have done anything like Martin has. Maybe you should think about the kind of people you hang with. I'm pretty sure Martin is gone and is going to stay that way. Whatever stupid thing Zimmerman does now is irrelevant.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnsb View Post
    I know many teenage boys who have done anything like Martin has. Maybe you should think about the kind of people you hang with. I'm pretty sure Martin is gone and is going to stay that way. Whatever stupid thing Zimmerman does now is irrelevant.
    This statement makes no sense. Especially the first sentence.

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Quote Originally Posted by txgp17 View Post
    Attacking me does nothing to refute the fact that you misunderstand the event.

What's not to understand? Zimmerman, self appointed neighborhood hero, outside of neighborhood watches national procedures carries a gun, then follows and looks for his "Suspicious" person when he has no idea where Trayvon is.

What happened during the confrontation will never truly be known, including who threw the first punch. What is simply undeniable fact is that if Zimmerman had stayed in his vehicle, called police, and not tried to play cop by attempting to find Trayvon, no confrontation would have occurred. This is the fact all of you race baiters refuse to accept. If Zimmerman had used one shred of common sense Trayvon wouldn't be dead and Zimmerman would have escaped the public scutiny of a trial that clearly exposed he was no saint with a history of domestic violence. Trayvon was no angel either but nothing he did deserved his being shot and killed for by someone overstepping their bounds.

I didn't log on here for about 10 months. Yeah, I'm desperate for some attention.

You are CLEARLY desperate for attention otherwise you would have and could have posted on any number of current firefighting related topics, after 10 months of not being here you went for one of the most controversial topics ever posted here to welcome yourself back. So don't play the innocent, you are an attention whore, plain and simple. And a stupid one at that.
    Why don't you take another 10 months off? The only one that missed you is an attention whore in his own right.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Forum Member

This is how you want to play nice Bobby? Kindly go Phuck yourself.
    Maybe it's not too late

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    This is how you want to play nice Bobby? Kindly go Phuck yourself.
    ]
    Again, Zimmerman was acting fully and completely within his rights to follow somebody who didn't look like they belonged in the neighborhood. And again, given the profile of his neighborhood, I would likely have done the same thing

He was doing nothing illegal and he was fully within his rights.

It's the one's on the left that are somehow accusing Zimmerman of doing something wrong, when it is apparent that Martin is the one that doubled back to apparently confront Zimmerman.

If those on the left would admit that Zimmerman did nothing illegal and was fully within his rights to follow what he considered a suspicious person in his neighborhood, I would probably have less passion for this issue.

Forum Member

Again, Zimmerman was acting fully and completely within his rights to follow somebody who didn't look like they belonged in the neighborhood. And again, given the profile of his neighborhood, I would likely have done the same thing
    Martin lived in the neighborhood and had the right to confront someone who was stalking him to protect himself and his family.

So was Martin.

It's the one's on the left that are somehow accusing Zimmerman of doing something wrong, when it is apparent that Martin is the one that doubled back to apparently confront Zimmerman.
    Zimmerman believed Martin was doing something wrong when he wasn't.

If those on the left would admit that Zimmerman did nothing illegal and was fully within his rights to follow what he considered a suspicious person in his neighborhood, I would probably have less passion for this issue.
    Zimmerman has yet to put forth what Martin was doing that was deemed "suspicious." Other than being black.

Forum Member

]

Actually the one who belonged there was Martin. And once again you are proving you are a racist by making this about Trayvonmartin being BLACK. That is the only thing that made him look suspicious to you a dn Zimmerman. Paint it like it is Bobby, you have already proven in earlier posts on this topic that you are a frightened old white man racist.

Perhaps, but being a dumb azz and doing something that any other rational thinking human being knows was absolutely stupid beyond comprehension, and further was outside the scope of the neighborhood watch program, surely doesn't make your hero Zimmerman look very good now does it?

Look, if I thought I was being followed, while doing nothing wrong, I would very well do EXACTLY the same thing. The difference being I may very well be armed myself and when I confronted Zimmerman to find out what he was doing the results would have been VERY different. NO, I wouldn't shoot him, but we definitely would be on an even playing field wouldn't we? And further if I didn't like his answers I would call the police and request assistance for a suspicious person following me.

I might be able to do that if you agree that other than being black and Zimmerman being a profiling racist, just like you are, there was no reason for Zimmerman to follow Trayvon Martin.
    This whole thing is about nothing more than race. if trayvon had been white Zimmerman wouldn't have profiled him as suspicious. If Zimmerman had stayed in his vehicle and called police instead of deciding to play hero and follow Martin the confrontation never would have happened, no fight would have ensued, and no killing would have taken place. Legally right doesn't necessarily mean it wasn't stupid and confrontational. Just call it what it is and what you defense of it is...RACISM.
    Maybe it's not too late

Forum Member

]

Stop dancing around it and play the racist card. You have admitted before it was because he was black and that you as an old white man are scared of young black people.

Still makes him a moron responsible for the confrontation by not staying in his car, calling police and then staying out of it.

If I thought I was being followed I would do the same thing. However, most likely being armed myself the playing field is a lot more in my favor. Being armed doesn't mean the gun comes out at this point, but it does mean I can, and will, defend myself if it came to that. If I wasn't happy with Zimmerman's answers I would call the police and request assistance because I was being followed by a suspicious person.

I would find you far more honest if you just admitted you are a racist afraid of black youth for nothing more than them being black. Martin had every right to be there and the only reason that Zimmerman believed he didn't was because he was black.
    Funny thing is I am a 54 year old white man. I own a 2013 Dodge Dart in Citrus Peel (Lime green) and it is amazing how many different young people want to talk about it, white, black, and hispanic. I was driving in Milwaukee and a couple of young black guys pulled up alongside me at a stop light in their car a jacked up Buick with 20 inch rims and spinners and we asked each other about our cars. No fear, no threats, just guys talking about cars. It would seem I might have been the suspicious one there because I was in an obviously black neighborhood...
    Last edited by FyredUp; 10-29-2013 at 01:48 PM.
    Maybe it's not too late

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Funny thing is I am a 54 year old white man. I own a 2013 Dodge Dart in Citrus Peel (Lime green) and it is amazing how many different young people want to talk about it, white, black, and hispanic. I was driving in Milwaukee and a couple of young black guys pulled up alongside me at a stop light in their car a jacked up Buick with 20 inch rims and spinners and we asked each other about our cars. No fear, no threats, just guys talking about cars. It would seem I might have been the suspicious one there because I was in an obviously black neighborhood...
    The scariest group of folks I've seen lately are white folks. We had a riot last summer after the U.S. Open of Surfing competition. Mostly white kids.

Forum Member

Stop dancing around it and play the racist card. You have admitted before it was because he was black and that you as an old white man are scared of young black people.

I have no issue in stating that if I lived in a primarily white neighborhood, like I do, a young black male walking down the street would be suspicious and would garner the attention of most of our residents. Would most follow him? No. But they would defiantly keep an eye on him until he passed the next several homes.

If you want to call that racist, fine.

Still makes him a moron responsible for the confrontation by not staying in his car, calling police and then staying out of it.

I never said that getting out of the car was a smart decision, but it was not a wrong decision in terms of his rights as a member of that community to keep tabs on somebody that simply looked out of place.

If I thought I was being followed I would do the same thing. However, most likely being armed myself the playing field is a lot more in my favor. Being armed doesn't mean the gun comes out at this point, but it does mean I can, and will, defend myself if it came to that. If I wasn't happy with Zimmerman's answers I would call the police and request assistance because I was being followed by a suspicious person.

And if Martin had done that, which was fully within his rights, rather than double back, we would likely not be having this conversation. But Martin made the decision to double back and likely confront Zimmerman rather than calling the police.

I would find you far more honest if you just admitted you are a racist afraid of black youth for nothing more than them being black. Martin had every right to be there and the only reason that Zimmerman believed he didn't was because he was black.

If you want to call me a racist, fine. But statically in this area the majority of the criminal activity including break-ins and violent crime is conducted by black youth. That isn't my opinion. That is the data. So yes, black youth in my area when the vast majority of my subdivision is white will raise a flag with me, as likely it would with many of the residents.

If the black community has a problem with the suspicions of the white community, the solution is pretty simple .... Do what you need to do to change the data, and that will over time change the perceptions. Don't blame the white community for responding to the FACT that blacks commit a disproportionate share of the crime v. population when compared to whites.

Until that changes, I will be far more suspicious around black youth as compared to white youth as the data indicates they ARE more likely to be involved in criminal activity.

And that may be the data in that area which drove Zimmerman to make the decision about following Zimmerman.

Forum Member

Frankly Bobby, your what if Martin hadn't doubled back are trumped by the fact that if Zimmerman had stayed in his vehicle, called police, and not gotten out of his vehicle to follow Martin, there is absolutely NO opportunity for confrontation. He would still have accomplished his need to be a super vigilant racist profiler without any chance of physical contact by doing all I suggested. But the problem is he couldn't play hero if he did that and being a dumb azz got his butt beat and became a killer. Nice work on his part.
    Maybe it's not too late

Forum Member

But statically in this area the majority of the criminal activity including break-ins and violent crime is conducted by black youth. That isn't my opinion. That is the data.
    As usual there is more to the story of these types of STATISTICS!!

That crime committed by black youths is directed towards other black youths.

There was no indicator Martin had been involved with any type of that activity in his life.....ever.

Fyerdup hits the nail on the head. Zimmerman is like your band of idiots in Bossier Parish that call themselves firefighters. Losers that are desperate to be thought heroes since their pathetic lives have led to them being insignificant.

Forum Member

As usual there is more to the story of these types of STATISTICS!!

That crime committed by black youths is directed towards other black youths.

For the most part, yes. That being said, they are still responsible for a disproportionate amount of crime overall compared to population. That is not a fact that you can argue.

There was no indicator Martin had been involved with any type of that activity in his life.....ever.

Fyerdup hits the nail on the head. Zimmerman is like your band of idiots in Bossier Parish that call themselves firefighters. Losers that are desperate to be thought heroes since their pathetic lives have led to them being insignificant.
    Interesting.

Point is that he was still within his legal rights to everything he chose to do and there is no way that even a liberal like you can deny that.

Forum Member

Interesting.

Point is that he was still within his legal rights to everything he chose to do and there is no way that even a liberal like you can deny that.
    Except that he denied Martin "due process." You can't deny that.

Martin wasn't doing anything wrong. You've yet to put forth a reason that required Zimmerman to follow him longer than a cursory observation other than your race baiting.
    Last edited by scfire86; 10-29-2013 at 08:53 PM.

Forum Member

Really? Come on man.
    The fire service is about service to our fellow man.
    There is a trust that must not be broken and we are the keepers of that trust.
    Captain Dave LeBlanc

Forum Member

Interesting.

Here's the completely ironic part of your steadfast defense of Zimmerman's actions...Trayvon Martin was within his legal rights to do everything he chose until a racist profiling buffoon decided to overstep his bounds and harassed him by following him with the sole reason being he was black.
    Maybe it's not too late

Truckie

It seems to be the answer to all our ills. If Zimmerman was a racist, or profiling, both of which the FBI discounted by the way, why? Was there a surge of crime in his neighborhood? Was it caused by a certain class or race of individuals? Was the surrounding neighborhood population a vast majority of a certain class or race of people? Is there a segment of the populace in this area responsible for a disproportion of crime? All very tough questions with large social implications that need to be honestly answered before anyone can prove someone was "racially profiling" But none of this will be touched with a 10' stick.
    As far as the what if argument, strawman at best. It's done and over, with consequences. There is no "what if". Period.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by SPFDRum; 10-30-2013 at 08:55 AM.
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

Thread Information