Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 61 FirstFirst ... 71415161718192027 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 1213
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: If the demographic fits, hope they don't acquit

  1. #321
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Greensboro, NC USA
    Posts
    1,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    No, I don't care about the topic, it has long been rehashed and beaten like a dead horse. All I wanted to seeis what dumb azz wanted to fire it up again. I am not surprised it is you.
    If I was as ill-informed and misled as you are about the Zimmerman/Martin case, I'd claim I'd didn't care and that it was irrelevant too.
    The American people will never knowingly adopt Socialism. But under the name of 'liberalism' they will adopt every fragment of the Socialist program, until one day America will be a Socialist nation, without knowing how it happened. --Norman Mattoon Thomas, 6 time presidential candidate for the Socialist Party of America


  2. #322
    Forum Member FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee
    Posts
    9,844

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by txgp17 View Post
    If I was as ill-informed and misled as you are about the Zimmerman/Martin case, I'd claim I'd didn't care and that it was irrelevant too.
    Actually, you saying you are right is as meaningless as you saying I am wrong.

    The only thing irrelevant here is your desperate need for attention.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

  3. #323
    Forum Member scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by txgp17 View Post
    If I was as ill-informed and misled as you are about the Zimmerman/Martin case, I'd claim I'd didn't care and that it was irrelevant too.
    Ha ha ha. This is a laff riot. You claiming to be informed about anything is hysterical.

    I bet you still believe the President isn't eligible because he was born in the foreign country of Hawaii.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  4. #324
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Greensboro, NC USA
    Posts
    1,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    The only thing irrelevant here is your desperate need for attention.
    Attacking me does nothing to refute the fact that you misunderstand the event.

    I didn't log on here for about 10 months. Yeah, I'm desperate for some attention.
    The American people will never knowingly adopt Socialism. But under the name of 'liberalism' they will adopt every fragment of the Socialist program, until one day America will be a Socialist nation, without knowing how it happened. --Norman Mattoon Thomas, 6 time presidential candidate for the Socialist Party of America

  5. #325
    Forum Member scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by txgp17 View Post
    Attacking me does nothing to refute the fact that you misunderstand the event.
    Let me guess. You believe Martin was a threat because he was heavily armed with a can of iced tea and Skittles. Obviously he needed to be stalked and killed before he did something illegal.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  6. #326
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bossier Parrish, Louisiana
    Posts
    10,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by txgp17 View Post
    Attacking me does nothing to refute the fact that you misunderstand the event.

    I didn't log on here for about 10 months. Yeah, I'm desperate for some attention.
    He interpreted the event just as most liberals wanted to ... just another "white" Hispanic harassing poor, innocent African-American children.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

  7. #327
    Forum Member scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    He interpreted the event just as most liberals wanted to ... just another "white" Hispanic harassing poor, innocent African-American children.
    Given Zimmerman's history of violence, one would be a complete moron to believe he was the sane one in the confrontation.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  8. #328
    Truckie SPFDRum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 1999
    Location
    St Paul, MN
    Posts
    2,513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Given Zimmerman's history of violence, one would be a complete moron to believe he was the sane one in the confrontation.
    Yet completely ignore Martin's?
    Hypocrisy, party of 1, your table is ready.
    BoxAlarm187 likes this.
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

  9. #329
    Forum Member scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SPFDRum View Post
    Yet completely ignore Martin's?
    Hypocrisy, party of 1, your table is ready.
    The two aren't even remotely comparable.

    One was armed with a gun. One was armed with Skittles.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  10. #330
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bossier Parrish, Louisiana
    Posts
    10,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    The two aren't even remotely comparable.

    One was armed with a gun. One was armed with Skittles.
    Hey dumb*ss ... I think he was referring to this history of violence:

    George Zimmerman’s defense team last week publicly released the contents of Trayvon Martin’s cell phone. On the phone they found text messages and images relating to street fighting, drug use, illegal gun ownership and problems at school/home.

    In a recent ruling the judge for the case, Debra Nelson, said that evidence will not be initially admissible. Zimmerman’s defense team hopes to introduce the evidence to show that Martin had a predisposition to engage in fighting and violent behavior and possibly show him as the aggressor.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

  11. #331
    Forum Member scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    Hey dumb*ss ... I think he was referring to this history of violence:

    George Zimmerman’s defense team last week publicly released the contents of Trayvon Martin’s cell phone. On the phone they found text messages and images relating to street fighting, drug use, illegal gun ownership and problems at school/home.
    Because everyone knows that images and texts are the same as being charged with resisting an officer with violence or having a TRO filed by a former fiance because of domestic violence.

    Like I said. The comparison is ludicrous.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  12. #332
    Let's talk fire trucks! BoxAlarm187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    3,235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Because everyone knows that images and texts are the same as being charged with resisting an officer with violence or having a TRO filed by a former fiance because of domestic violence.
    No one said they're the "same thing," we're just pointing out that Martin's texts, images, and Facebook posts severely compromise the argument that he was just an innocent kid with some candy in his pocket.

    It's far easier to surmise that he had as much to do with the escalation of the incident at Zimmerman did when you take a moment to consider that there is likely guilt on both sides - but we'll never know who carries a greater amount of guilt.
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer


    Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

  13. #333
    Forum Member scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BoxAlarm187 View Post
    No one said they're the "same thing," we're just pointing out that Martin's texts, images, and Facebook posts severely compromise the argument that he was just an innocent kid with some candy in his pocket.

    It's far easier to surmise that he had as much to do with the escalation of the incident at Zimmerman did when you take a moment to consider that there is likely guilt on both sides - but we'll never know who carries a greater amount of guilt.
    I never said he was an altar boy or one of the Hardy Boys.

    Show me a teenage boy who hasn't done similar things as Martin. You could use your fingers on one hand and have a couple left over.

    The difference is there is nothing to show that Martin crossed the line to physical violence like Zimmerman.

    More importantly, no one has yet put forth what Martin was doing that was illegal prior to him defending himself when he realized he was being stalked by Zimmerman.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  14. #334
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    I never said he was an altar boy or one of the Hardy Boys.

    Show me a teenage boy who hasn't done similar things as Martin. You could use your fingers on one hand and have a couple left over.

    The difference is there is nothing to show that Martin crossed the line to physical violence like Zimmerman.

    More importantly, no one has yet put forth what Martin was doing that was illegal prior to him defending himself when he realized he was being stalked by Zimmerman.
    I know many teenage boys who have done anything like Martin has. Maybe you should think about the kind of people you hang with. I'm pretty sure Martin is gone and is going to stay that way. Whatever stupid thing Zimmerman does now is irrelevant.

  15. #335
    Forum Member scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnsb View Post
    I know many teenage boys who have done anything like Martin has. Maybe you should think about the kind of people you hang with. I'm pretty sure Martin is gone and is going to stay that way. Whatever stupid thing Zimmerman does now is irrelevant.
    This statement makes no sense. Especially the first sentence.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  16. #336
    Forum Member FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee
    Posts
    9,844

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by txgp17 View Post
    Attacking me does nothing to refute the fact that you misunderstand the event.

    What's not to understand? Zimmerman, self appointed neighborhood hero, outside of neighborhood watches national procedures carries a gun, then follows and looks for his "Suspicious" person when he has no idea where Trayvon is.

    What happened during the confrontation will never truly be known, including who threw the first punch. What is simply undeniable fact is that if Zimmerman had stayed in his vehicle, called police, and not tried to play cop by attempting to find Trayvon, no confrontation would have occurred. This is the fact all of you race baiters refuse to accept. If Zimmerman had used one shred of common sense Trayvon wouldn't be dead and Zimmerman would have escaped the public scutiny of a trial that clearly exposed he was no saint with a history of domestic violence. Trayvon was no angel either but nothing he did deserved his being shot and killed for by someone overstepping their bounds.


    I didn't log on here for about 10 months. Yeah, I'm desperate for some attention.

    You are CLEARLY desperate for attention otherwise you would have and could have posted on any number of current firefighting related topics, after 10 months of not being here you went for one of the most controversial topics ever posted here to welcome yourself back. So don't play the innocent, you are an attention whore, plain and simple. And a stupid one at that.
    Why don't you take another 10 months off? The only one that missed you is an attention whore in his own right.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

  17. #337
    Forum Member FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee
    Posts
    9,844

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    He interpreted the event just as most liberals wanted to ... just another "white" Hispanic harassing poor, innocent African-American children.
    This is how you want to play nice Bobby? Kindly go Phuck yourself.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

  18. #338
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bossier Parrish, Louisiana
    Posts
    10,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    This is how you want to play nice Bobby? Kindly go Phuck yourself.
    ]
    Again, Zimmerman was acting fully and completely within his rights to follow somebody who didn't look like they belonged in the neighborhood. And again, given the profile of his neighborhood, I would likely have done the same thing

    He was doing nothing illegal and he was fully within his rights.

    It's the one's on the left that are somehow accusing Zimmerman of doing something wrong, when it is apparent that Martin is the one that doubled back to apparently confront Zimmerman.

    If those on the left would admit that Zimmerman did nothing illegal and was fully within his rights to follow what he considered a suspicious person in his neighborhood, I would probably have less passion for this issue.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

  19. #339
    Forum Member scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    Again, Zimmerman was acting fully and completely within his rights to follow somebody who didn't look like they belonged in the neighborhood. And again, given the profile of his neighborhood, I would likely have done the same thing
    Martin lived in the neighborhood and had the right to confront someone who was stalking him to protect himself and his family.

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    He was doing nothing illegal and he was fully within his rights.
    So was Martin.

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    It's the one's on the left that are somehow accusing Zimmerman of doing something wrong, when it is apparent that Martin is the one that doubled back to apparently confront Zimmerman.
    Zimmerman believed Martin was doing something wrong when he wasn't.

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    If those on the left would admit that Zimmerman did nothing illegal and was fully within his rights to follow what he considered a suspicious person in his neighborhood, I would probably have less passion for this issue.
    Zimmerman has yet to put forth what Martin was doing that was deemed "suspicious." Other than being black.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  20. #340
    Forum Member FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee
    Posts
    9,844

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    ]
    Again, Zimmerman was acting fully and completely within his rights to follow somebody who didn't look like they belonged in the neighborhood. And again, given the profile of his neighborhood, I would likely have done the same thing

    Actually the one who belonged there was Martin. And once again you are proving you are a racist by making this about Trayvonmartin being BLACK. That is the only thing that made him look suspicious to you a dn Zimmerman. Paint it like it is Bobby, you have already proven in earlier posts on this topic that you are a frightened old white man racist.

    He was doing nothing illegal and he was fully within his rights.

    Perhaps, but being a dumb azz and doing something that any other rational thinking human being knows was absolutely stupid beyond comprehension, and further was outside the scope of the neighborhood watch program, surely doesn't make your hero Zimmerman look very good now does it?

    It's the one's on the left that are somehow accusing Zimmerman of doing something wrong, when it is apparent that Martin is the one that doubled back to apparently confront Zimmerman.

    Look, if I thought I was being followed, while doing nothing wrong, I would very well do EXACTLY the same thing. The difference being I may very well be armed myself and when I confronted Zimmerman to find out what he was doing the results would have been VERY different. NO, I wouldn't shoot him, but we definitely would be on an even playing field wouldn't we? And further if I didn't like his answers I would call the police and request assistance for a suspicious person following me.

    If those on the left would admit that Zimmerman did nothing illegal and was fully within his rights to follow what he considered a suspicious person in his neighborhood, I would probably have less passion for this issue.

    I might be able to do that if you agree that other than being black and Zimmerman being a profiling racist, just like you are, there was no reason for Zimmerman to follow Trayvon Martin.
    This whole thing is about nothing more than race. if trayvon had been white Zimmerman wouldn't have profiled him as suspicious. If Zimmerman had stayed in his vehicle and called police instead of deciding to play hero and follow Martin the confrontation never would have happened, no fight would have ensued, and no killing would have taken place. Legally right doesn't necessarily mean it wasn't stupid and confrontational. Just call it what it is and what you defense of it is...RACISM.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. PG soon.....we hope!?
    By arhaney in forum Federal FIRE ACT Grants & Funding
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-23-2007, 10:39 AM
  2. Not Exactly Fire Related, But It Fits.
    By MalahatTwo7 in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-28-2004, 10:48 AM
  3. Might there be hope?!!
    By BC79er_OLDDELETE in forum Federal FIRE ACT Grants & Funding
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 02-09-2004, 11:04 AM
  4. Any Hope?
    By Kiernan in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-26-2003, 08:48 PM
  5. Hope for the best?
    By Bones42 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-15-2003, 08:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts