Like Tree82Likes

Thread: If the demographic fits, hope they don't acquit

  1. #401
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bossier Parrish, Louisiana
    Posts
    10,629

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Seriously Dude, is there anything else you'd like to talk about other than rehashing old news? Like it or not Obama is the President and will be for 2 more years. As far as Zimmerman goes who cares? he is a moron and watching him is like looking at a train going off the tracks heading for a big horrific crash. He is too stupid to shut up and disappear until the heat is off. Anything that happens to him at this point he deserves 100%.

    Now how about some current events, or even this, some fire related stuff. Because frankly you are coming across like one of the crusty old dudes down at the gas station that just bitch about stuff all the time but never really have any answers to anything.
    I thought the crusty old dudes hung out at the barber shop?
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

  2. #402
    Forum Member
    FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee
    Posts
    10,171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    I thought the crusty old dudes hung out at the barber shop?
    Not in my little rural town. They have a morning Bitch session that lasts for hours almost everyday.

    After we got our new engine in 2005 with a Fire Act Grant and the fire department paid the matching funds through fundraiser money, meaning it didn't cost the local taxpayers a penny I walked in to heat them crabbing about the new fire truck. I made my purchase tunred and listened for another minute or 2 before I finally said "I wish just once you guys would actually get the facts instead of spreading your idiotic rumors down here." They shut up for a minute and I kept going before they could get a word in edgewise. I said "that fire engine was bought with federal grant money and the matching funds were pid for by fre department undraiser money meaning it cost the village taxpayers NOTHING. Funny how facts make you look like a bunch of grumpy morons." They sat there for a minute and one of them finally said "Well, why did you need such a fancy truck?" You just can't argue with stupid...

    I was a village board member and another time I went into that same business and there was a guy loudly complaining about how the village board had handled a few things. I listened and walked over and put my hand on his shoulder and said "Phil, it sounds like you think you have some better ideas for how the village should be run. I am going to nominate you at the village caucus coming up." Oh the stammering and hemming and hawwing that happened next. "Yepper" I said, "just as i thought, all talk, no action. Until you are willing to step up perhaps you should just shut up."

    I hate those guys, all they do is stir up trouble with their half truths and accusations. Yet they will never actually step up and do anything. Won't join the fire department, won't run for the board, won't volunteer for any type of comunity service. But they have all the answers. A z z holes, plain and simple.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

  3. #403
    MembersZone Subscriber
    LVFD301's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,994

    Default

    So, maybe I have been under a rock. Who is this Zimmerman character, and what did he do?

  4. #404
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    889

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LVFD301 View Post
    So, maybe I have been under a rock. Who is this Zimmerman character, and what did he do?
    Something to do with a telegram.

  5. #405
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Greensboro, NC USA
    Posts
    1,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Seriously Dude, is there anything else you'd like to talk about other than rehashing old news?
    You're free to stop reading the thread anytime you choose.
    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Like it or not Obama is the President and will be for 2 more years.
    No, 3 more years. His term expires in January 2017. Try to keep up.
    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Now how about some current events, or even this, some fire related stuff. Because frankly you are coming across like one of the crusty old dudes down at the gas station that just bitch about stuff all the time but never really have any answers to anything.
    There is no statute of limitations on responding to threads here. I gave you answers to your incorrect conclusions, but all you do is whine about them because you don't like them.
    The American people will never knowingly adopt Socialism. But under the name of 'liberalism' they will adopt every fragment of the Socialist program, until one day America will be a Socialist nation, without knowing how it happened. --Norman Mattoon Thomas, 6 time presidential candidate for the Socialist Party of America

  6. #406
    Forum Member
    FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee
    Posts
    10,171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by txgp17 View Post
    You're free to stop reading the thread anytime you choose.

    I enjoy watching you spin yourself around and ranting like a lunatic.

    No, 3 more years. His term expires in January 2017.

    Even better more time for you to cry about it. I suggest you spend more time trying to prove he isn't a citizen. That has worked so well thus far.

    Try to keep up.

    Why? You just keep repeatin the same baseless crap over and over. The only difference is now you are posting some pictures from some wacko right wing site.

    There is no statute of limitations on responding to threads here. I gave you answers to your incorrect conclusions, but all you do is whine about them because you don't like them.

    Incorrect concluions? Really? What facts are you basing your opinions on? The word of a man that violated the rules of the Neighborhood Watch program and approached a "suspicious" person and then shot him after a confrontation ensued? The man now that is so damn dumb that he can't figure out that he needs to shut up, lay low, and behave himself? Yeah, you have a rock solid case. Remember being found not guilty isn't the same as being innocent.
    Dude, you are a boring mindless drone of the right wing, every bit as boring as the mindless drones of the left wing. That is why I refuse to allign myself because I see shades of gray where all you guys ever see is red or blue.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

  7. #407
    MembersZone Subscriber
    LVFD301's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by captnjak View Post
    Something to do with a telegram.
    LOL.... Very good...

  8. #408
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by txgp17 View Post
    If so it would be because he was too conservative. Reagan and Goldwater are probably rolling over in their graves after seeing the statism that has overtaken both parties in Washington, D.C. These silly allegations have been thoroughly dealt with before.
    Goldwater was never president so that's a moot point. As far as statism. Reagan did more to advance statism than just about any previous Dem save LBJ and FDR. Despite how you want to remember him he did all I stated. Raised taxes, expanded government, tripled the national debt, loosened immigration and abortion laws, and negotiated with terrorists. Things conservatives don't mention about him. As he is so often quoted, "facts are stupid things."

    Quote Originally Posted by txgp17 View Post
    So you think a crime rate, that is 12.58 times greater in one demographic than another, is infinitesimal. Your posts are the gifts that keep on giving.I don't live here. I have a life rooted in reality.
    Yup. Especially when the odds of that crime occurring in the first place is infinitesimal. Given the number of murders that occur committed by African American males versus the total number of African Americans, it's a very low probability of a random white person being a victim in the first place. But you are free to continue living a life of paranoia and fear every time you run across an African American male. The rest of us will manage without living that mindset.
    Last edited by scfire86; 12-28-2013 at 11:20 AM.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  9. #409
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Seriously Dude, is there anything else you'd like to talk about other than rehashing old news? Now how about some current events, or even this, some fire related stuff. Because frankly you are coming across like one of the crusty old dudes down at the gas station that just bitch about stuff all the time but never really have any answers to anything.
    Jeebus, don't discourage him. I sort of missed him while he was gone. The entertainment value of his ranting is incredible given the price I pay for it. I especially like his comments about my wife. Somehow being married to a person who is financially successful is a negative.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  10. #410
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Greensboro, NC USA
    Posts
    1,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Goldwater was never president so that's a moot point.
    No one granted you authority to determine who is and is not influential. Goldwater's 1964 presidential candidacy caused a revolution in the Republican Party. He forgot more good ideas than Barry ever pretended to have.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    As far as statism. Reagan did more to advance statism than just about any previous Dem save LBJ and FDR.
    Says the man who rewrites history to support his false narrative. In 1984, George Orwell described a totalitarian society in which history is constantly rewritten to meet the momentary political needs of the ruling party. Your efforts to distort Reagan's record are no different. If Reagan did no much to advance statism, then he'd be hero to statists like you and Barry Soetoro.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Despite how you want to remember him he did all I stated. Raised taxes, expanded government, tripled the national debt, loosened immigration and abortion laws, and negotiated with terrorists. Things conservatives don't mention about him. As he is so often quoted, "facts are stupid things."
    He raised taxes to balance a budget that was in the red thanks to liberal spending. The size of CA grew because the state's population exploded, and there was a high rate of inflation, making the annual budget seem bigger each year.

    And concerning the Therapeutic Abortion Act. He signed it, knowing that if he vetoed it, the legislature could override his veto, and make the law far more liberal. And he spoke extensively on how he regretted signing that into law. But keep posting that Reagen was pro-abortion. Your statements on him are no more accurate then the ones where you pretend the 103rd Congress was controlled by the GOP.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Yup. Especially when the odds of that crime occurring in the first place is infinitesimal.
    Oh, then why are we wasting so much money paying Law Enforcement to solve and/or prevent these infinitesimal murders? Besides, they're such an infinitesimal type of event. By your irrational logic, if one wants Police to prevent murders, then they're paranoid.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Given the number of murders that occur committed by African American males versus the total number of African Americans, it's a very low probability of a random white person being a victim in the first place. But you are free to continue living a life of paranoia and fear every time you run across an African American male.
    It's not fear. It's knowledge. I don't fear fire, but I have smoke detectors and fire extinguishers in my home. You call it paranoia. Normal people call it knowledge.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    The rest of us will manage without living that mindset.
    You've declared that 12 times and infinitesimal number is still infinitesimal, and if a person takes such infinitesimal number into account, then they are paranoid.

    The U.S. Fire Administration reports that the U.S. has 9.6 deaths, per million people, in residential structure fires. Re-crunch the numbers from the data I quoted above to a "per million" basis.
    Whites murdering Blacks: 15.3 per million
    Blacks murdering Whites: 71.8 per million

    Both of those are higher than the residential fire death rate reported by the USFA. So people are less likely to die in a structure fire than be murdered.

    Thus you would also believe that anyone who pays to have a smoke detector is paranoid and fearful. Please tell us all how you've forgone that, and your home has no smoke detectors right?

    And to further apply your immature and factually challenged ideology, you must also think that every firefighter on these boards (yourself included) is paranoid and fearful, because we seek to prevent these "infinitesimal" events of fire deaths from happening.

    The point of posting the data is not to incite racial tensions. It's to draw attention to the liberal slant that the news media puts on interracial murders. When whites die at the hands of blacks, little is said. When blacks die at the hands of whites, it's BIG NEWS, yet facts tell us that one is far more likely than the others. But you took the bait and predictably tried to paint me as a racist who fears black people. This is how ideologically deranged cultural Marxists who control the media are able to sell the masses on pernicious and patently absurd lies like anthropogenic global warming, the normalcy of sexual perversion, and most preposterous of all, Barack Hussein Obama.

    It's no different than the US Dept of Injustice charging a white guy with a hate-crime resulting from a "knock-out game" incident, but they ignore the countless incidents of black-on-white attacks.

    Liberals don't care about facts, they only care about advancing their distorted narrative.
    Last edited by txgp17; 01-04-2014 at 09:44 PM.
    The American people will never knowingly adopt Socialism. But under the name of 'liberalism' they will adopt every fragment of the Socialist program, until one day America will be a Socialist nation, without knowing how it happened. --Norman Mattoon Thomas, 6 time presidential candidate for the Socialist Party of America

  11. #411
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,301

    Default

    Doesn't matter moonbat. The bottom line is the odds of being killed by an African American male is so small that it is not worth the effort to think about it.

    Please continue living your life of ethnic paranoia.

    Very entertaining.
    Last edited by scfire86; 01-04-2014 at 10:00 PM.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  12. #412
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Greensboro, NC USA
    Posts
    1,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Doesn't matter moonbat.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    The bottom line is the odds of being killed by an African American male is so small that it is not worth the effort to think about it.
    It is more likely than dying in a residential structure fire, something you claim to have spent a career trying to prevent. Why would you ALLEGEDLY spend so much time and effort trying to prevent an event that, by your own standard, is less than infinitesimal?
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Please continue living your life of ethnic paranoia.
    • Diabetes is 60% more common in Black Americans than in White Americans.
    • Black Americans are three times more likely to die of asthma than White Americans.
    • Black men are 50% more likely than White men to get lung cancer.
    • Strokes kill 4 times more 35- to 54-year-old Black Americans than White Americans.
    • Blacks develop high blood pressure earlier in life -- and with much higher blood pressure levels -- than Whites.
    These are all medical facts. Doesn't mean that anyone who recognizes these facts is a racist does it? Neither is recognizing the difference in violent crime rates between demographics. And I never advocated that individuals be treated differently based on race, although you like to pretend that's what I'm advocating and how I'm behaving.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Very entertaining.
    Not nearly as entertaining as watching you squirm when someone shines a light on your liberal lies.
    The American people will never knowingly adopt Socialism. But under the name of 'liberalism' they will adopt every fragment of the Socialist program, until one day America will be a Socialist nation, without knowing how it happened. --Norman Mattoon Thomas, 6 time presidential candidate for the Socialist Party of America

  13. #413
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by txgp17 View Post
    • Diabetes is 60% more common in Black Americans than in White Americans.
    • Black Americans are three times more likely to die of asthma than White Americans.
    • Black men are 50% more likely than White men to get lung cancer.
    • Strokes kill 4 times more 35- to 54-year-old Black Americans than White Americans.
    • Blacks develop high blood pressure earlier in life -- and with much higher blood pressure levels -- than Whites.
    These are all medical facts.
    None of which has anything to do with the probability of a cracker like you being killed by an African American male in Sticksville, USA.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  14. #414
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Greensboro, NC USA
    Posts
    1,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    None of which has anything to do with the probability of a cracker like you being killed by an African American male in Sticksville, USA.
    Says the man who lives in a county with as many blacks as an Andy Griffith show.
    The American people will never knowingly adopt Socialism. But under the name of 'liberalism' they will adopt every fragment of the Socialist program, until one day America will be a Socialist nation, without knowing how it happened. --Norman Mattoon Thomas, 6 time presidential candidate for the Socialist Party of America

  15. #415
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by txgp17 View Post
    Says the man who lives in a county with as many blacks as an Andy Griffith show.
    Still doesn't change the probabilities of you being killed by an African American male in your cracker locale.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  16. #416
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bossier Parrish, Louisiana
    Posts
    10,629

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Still doesn't change the probabilities of you being killed by an African American male in your cracker locale.
    So black males don't travel to commit crime?

    Funny thing here is that most of the crime committed by blacks on whites often in the "white" neighborhoods.

    Just had a 65 y.o woman kill a black male intruder armed with a shotgun in Shreveport in a very white neighborhood.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

  17. #417
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    So black males don't travel to commit crime?
    Half the murders committed by African American males are committed against other African American males.

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    Funny thing here is that most of the crime committed by blacks on whites often in the "white" neighborhoods.
    Why is that funny?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    Just had a 65 y.o woman kill a black male intruder armed with a shotgun in Shreveport in a very white neighborhood.
    Read first response.

    The probabilities are very low.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  18. #418
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bossier Parrish, Louisiana
    Posts
    10,629

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Half the murders committed by African American males are committed against other African American males.

    So we shouldn't be concerned about the other half, which are often in white neighborhoods, usually during home invasions or carjackings?


    Why is that funny?

    It's really not ... However the way you talk about how the chances of a white being involved in a violent act committed by a white is.


    Read first response.

    The probabilities are very low.
    Maybe where you are, it's low, but in this area it's not uncommon at all.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

  19. #419
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    So we shouldn't be concerned about the other half, which are often in white neighborhoods, usually during home invasions or carjackings?
    Didn't say that. I said the probabilities are very low. Given the number of crimes committed against the total population.

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    Maybe where you are, it's low, but in this area it's not uncommon at all.
    Really? Care to share some real statistics instead of your usual anecdotal nonsense.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  20. #420
    MembersZone Subscriber
    ruffneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Zimmerman's voter registration record lists him as a Democrat and a Hispanic.
    Why does white or "cracker" even come up?
    Whatever

  21. #421
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bossier Parrish, Louisiana
    Posts
    10,629

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ruffneck View Post
    Zimmerman's voter registration record lists him as a Democrat and a Hispanic.
    Why does white or "cracker" even come up?
    Whatever
    It shouldn't ... Except with the media that initially called him a "White Hispanic".
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

  22. #422
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bossier Parrish, Louisiana
    Posts
    10,629

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Didn't say that. I said the probabilities are very low. Given the number of crimes committed against the total population.

    But as a percentage of those crimes the probability is higher in many, many places that they will be committed by a black male as compared to a white male when viewed against the total population and race.

    That's not something you can deny as the facts bear it out.



    Really? Care to share some real statistics instead of your usual anecdotal nonsense.
    I'll work on that but it's not anecdotal when you read the newspaper.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

  23. #423
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,301

    Default

    Stand Your Ground Laws Come to CA.

    Excerpt:

    The victim, who is a minor, was going door-to-door selling cookies. When the victim knocked on the suspectís door, he opened the door and pointed a gun at her. The victimís father witnessed the incident and called the police.
    The victim in this case was a Girl Scout.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  24. #424
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bossier Parrish, Louisiana
    Posts
    10,629

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Stand Your Ground Laws Come to CA.

    Excerpt:



    The victim in this case was a Girl Scout.
    Obviously not a case where stand your ground applies.

    But I believe that stand your ground has merit as a victim of a c rime should NEVER have the obligation to retreat.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

  25. #425
    Forum Member
    FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee
    Posts
    10,171

    Default

    The problem is there will be and always have been idiots. This idiot probably would have done the same before the stand your ground laws. He needs to be arrested and forfeit his firearms because this was NOT a case where a gun should even have been displayed at all. There was no threat, and further, no indication of a threat.

    I would say this guy is a plain flat out a z z hole that like every other a z z hole that ruins something for everyone is well on the road to doing that here.

    As much as a gun rights believer that I am I just can't find any way to justify what this guy did. I am afraid that I would be posting signs in the neighborhood warning people about this guy and his lunatic fringe behavior before he kills some thug girl scout selling cookies.
    Last edited by FyredUp; 02-03-2014 at 05:52 PM.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. PG soon.....we hope!?
    By arhaney in forum Federal FIRE ACT Grants & Funding
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-23-2007, 10:39 AM
  2. Not Exactly Fire Related, But It Fits.
    By MalahatTwo7 in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-28-2004, 10:48 AM
  3. Might there be hope?!!
    By BC79er_OLDDELETE in forum Federal FIRE ACT Grants & Funding
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 02-09-2004, 11:04 AM
  4. Any Hope?
    By Kiernan in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-26-2003, 08:48 PM
  5. Hope for the best?
    By Bones42 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-15-2003, 08:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register