Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4148495051525354 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1213
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: If the demographic fits, hope they don't acquit

Quote Originally Posted by RFDACM02 View Post
    Now your just a dog chasing it's tail. Debate the issues as you bring them up. The Right to Bear Arms is infringed when you diminish ones capacity to defend themselves or their home.
    That's subjective. I know people who believe they are adequately protected with a double barreled shotgun that isn't loaded but have ammo nearby. So magazine capacity isn't a factor to everyone.

Most people do not need to defend against military weapons, but they do need defense against standard firearms. When was the last home invasion with a TOW missle or grenade launcher. Try staying within the realm of reality.
    Plenty of standard firearms are still allowed to be legally owned.

The majority of American households don't have a gun. I'm sure magazine capacity isn't an issue for ALL of them.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Funny thing about it becoming personal!

Today a good friend, who's been pretty anti-gun for a long time, changed his tune. After an early morning break in attempt at his home last night, he suddenly felt a baseball bat was probably not sufficient. The police were called but in typical fashion were not immediately on the spot. He had to admit that he now believed the line: the only person who can stop a bad guy with a gun is a good gun with a gun.

Today a good friend, who's been pretty anti-gun for a long time, changed his tune. After an early morning break in attempt at his home last night, he suddenly felt a baseball bat was probably not sufficient. The police were called but in typical fashion were not immediately on the spot. He had to admit that he now believed the line: the only person who can stop a bad guy with a gun is a good gun with a gun.
    And he has the right to bear arms. Given the current provisions that might exclude him.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    That's subjective. I know people who believe they are adequately protected with a double barreled shotgun that isn't loaded but have ammo nearby. So magazine capacity isn't a factor to everyone.

Plenty of standard firearms are still allowed to be legally owned.

The majority of American households don't have a gun. I'm sure magazine capacity isn't an issue for ALL of them.
    So because some people don't choose to own guns the rest of us shouldn't be able to have those that equal the threat the common criminal has?

So because some people don't choose to own guns the rest of us shouldn't be able to have those that equal the threat the common criminal has?
    What types of guns does the common criminal posses? How do you know?

Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Quote Originally Posted by Bones42 View Post
    Personally, I'm pretty saddened to hear there are sworn police officers who openly admit to not enforcing the law.
    Personally I am horrified by the thought of sworn police officers breaking the law and illegally confiscating fire arms. I am proud to know we have police officers that understand the consitution and value that more than illegal laws.
    “The person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing, is nothing, and becomes nothing. He may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he simply cannot learn and feel and change and grow and love and live.” Leo F. Buscaglia

This place gets weirder and weirder every day...

Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Ah, you just have to love it. Sc thows out a point and when someone counters instead of answering he dances off into TOW missiles. You see when you have nothing else you have to divert to smoke and mirrors and completely illogical nonsense to cover your inadequacy.

Shall not be infringed is pretty clear.
    “The person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing, is nothing, and becomes nothing. He may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he simply cannot learn and feel and change and grow and love and live.” Leo F. Buscaglia

This place gets weirder and weirder every day...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Personally I am horrified by the thought of sworn police officers breaking the law and illegally confiscating fire arms. I am proud to know we have police officers that understand the consitution and value that more than illegal laws.
    brings to mind the few German officials that didn't "enforce the law"
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Ah, you just have to love it. Sc thows out a point and when someone counters instead of answering he dances off into TOW missiles. You see when you have nothing else you have to divert to smoke and mirrors and completely illogical nonsense to cover your inadequacy.

Shall not be infringed is pretty clear.
    I haven't proposed anything that "infringes" on one's right to bear arms.

Despite your fantasies of tyrants and confiscation to the contrary.

Forum Member

Now your just a dog chasing it's tail. Debate the issues as you bring them up. The Right to Bear Arms is infringed when you diminish ones capacity to defend themselves or their home.
    The Supreme Court very much disagrees with you. They have no problem with diminishing ones capacity to defend themselves or their homes.

Quote Originally Posted by captnjak View Post
    The Supreme Court very much disagrees with you. They have no problem with diminishing ones capacity to defend themselves or their homes.
    I pointed out that Scalia was very adamant about the government's ability to limit the type of firearms available to the public.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SPFDRum View Post
    It's the asinine, unproven, thoughtless restrictions put forth by an uneducated electorate. Example, why is 10 rounds the number, when the average clip capacity is 15 for 9mm, 13 for 40mm, and 10 for .45? Or pistol still grip? More then 7 rounds in a detachable magazine in such firearms like a rugar 1022? sure, some ****ant politician feels good about doing something, yet not a single one of these has at all proven to be effective. It's akin to passing a law that cars can only have 3 wheels to prevent speeding.
    Confiscation is the end run, watch this. Yes, up front I will admit its a pro-gun forum, but it is direct video tape footage of politician comments. http://gunssavelives.net/blog/gun-la...say-otherwise/
    How about we fill out forms equivalent to what is needed to vote? That way I really don't need to worry about positive ID.
    "Akin to passing a law that says cars can have only three wheels tp prevent speeding"? But three wheels would prevent the car from moving at all. It would no longer function as a car. Reducing the clip size would not prevent the gun from firing. It would still function as a gun.

Horribly ineffective analogy.

Confiscation is the end run, watch this.
    The paranoid are consistent.

Here come the black helicopters.....run, buddy run!! Thwup!! Thwup!! Thwup!! Thwup!! Thwup!!

Forum Member

I pointed out that Scalia was very adamant about the government's ability to limit the type of firearms available to the public.
    As have I earlier in this thread.

Either we believe in the constitution and the court, which derives it's powers from the constitution, or we don't. That goes for all of us. We don't get to pick and choose which parts we're going to honor.

Actually we do. But ignoring parts may make us criminals.

Quote Originally Posted by captnjak View Post
    As have I earlier in this thread.

Either we believe in the constitution and the court, which derives it's powers from the constitution, or we don't. That goes for all of us. We don't get to pick and choose which parts we're going to honor.

Actually we do. But ignoring parts may make us criminals.
    Exactly. Well said.

Despite your fantasies of tyrants and confiscation to the contrary.
    Are you really going to state that confiscation is a fantasy? Just what do you call that happened in Louisiana just a few short years ago? I suppose it makes your position attainable when you discount fact.

But three wheels would prevent the car from moving at all.
    Really, then explain to me how all those cares manage to evade pd after stop sticks take out a tire?
    Last edited by SPFDRum; 02-18-2014 at 08:19 PM.
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

Are you really going to state that confiscation is a fantasy? Just what do you call that happened in Louisiana just a few short years ago? I suppose it makes your position attainable when you discount fact.
    By corrupt officials. Some of who were recently sentenced to jail. Albeit for different reasons.

Rally, then explain to me how all those cares manage to evade pd after stop sticks take out a tire?
    Could you tell me what language I need to use in Google translate for this statement? It makes no sense.

The paranoid are consistent.

Here come the black helicopters.....run, buddy run!! Thwup!! Thwup!! Thwup!! Thwup!! Thwup!!
    That's a response I would expect from a third grader. I guess you feel comfortable pretending what happened in Louisia really didn't happen. That's fine. Removes just about any credibility from your position.
    I guess I failed in believing I would receive an decent counter argument concerning those video quotes. Instead you sink into the typical response of a man with uneducated opinion.
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason

That's a response I would expect from a third grader. I guess you feel comfortable pretending what happened in Louisia really didn't happen. That's fine. Removes just about any credibility from your position.
    I guess I failed in believing I would receive an decent counter argument concerning those video quotes. Instead you sink into the typical response of a man with uneducated opinion.
    Because it's a third grade fantasy. If the government is coming for your guns, believing a couple of folks are going to stand up to the full force of the US military is a fantasy.

Dissent among the Supreme Court...you 2 tout this as if it makes their decision any less binding.
    Funny, in Row v, Wade 2 Justices, Byron R. White and William H. Rehnquist, wrote a very in-depth dissenting opinion, does it make the ruling any less enforceable or binding?
    George Mason

Thread Information