Like Tree82Likes

Thread: If the demographic fits, hope they don't acquit

  1. #1
    Forum Member
    snowball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Just North of South Central
    Posts
    2,740

    Default If the demographic fits, hope they don't acquit

    Heads up out there brothers. If Zimmerman is acquitted, rumor has it that the New Black Panthers are planning "peaceful" demonstrations.

    I thought we were over all this crap.

    http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/20...nd-street-man/

    http://www.infowars.com/new-black-pa...man-acquitted/

    If you work in a ghetto area like I do (my whole city is pretty much a toilet, race has nothing to do with that) you could be a target. So keep yourself updated about the verdict, and keep your heads on a swivel.

    They haven't made any actual threats but Twitter is blowing up with all kinds of probabilities.
    IAFF

  2. #2
    Forum Member
    DeputyChiefGonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Somewhere between genius and insanity!
    Posts
    13,586

    Default

    If Zimmerman was black, this case would not be an issue. If Trayvon was white or Hispanic, this would not be an issue.

    If I were the Governor of Florida, I would call out the National Guard as a precaution.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

  3. #3
    Forum Member
    snowball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Just North of South Central
    Posts
    2,740

    Default

    I completely agree Chief. There definitely seems to be a double standard at play here. I haven't exactly followed this case as close as others have. But I'm also not so ignorant to the fact that the media will have played a huge role in escalating the outrage on both sides. When you have talking heads donning hoodies in support, and admonishing their cohorts for not choosing to wear one, one doesn't need binoculars to see a schitt storm forming.

    Now, in the light of the verdict, large cities stand to either be the scene of riots and violence at the hands of people not involved, brought down on people who were not involved, or the scene of relief and "reckoning"? (Is that too strong of a word?)
    It all hinges on the guilt or innocence of Zimmerman, and thanks in large part to the media, and that undead witch Nancy Grace, fear may play a large role in the verdict, wether it is right or wrong.
    IAFF

  4. #4
    Forum Member
    conrad427's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Just south of Canada
    Posts
    581

    Default

    is live media coverage along with all the talking heads the modern version gladiators killing each other in the ring before thousands of spectators? Seems about as useful to me.
    The fire service is about service to our fellow man.
    There is a trust that must not be broken and we are the keepers of that trust.
    Captain Dave LeBlanc

  5. #5
    Forum Member
    MemphisE34a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Memphis, TN - USA
    Posts
    2,531

    Default

    If nothing else, this trial has once again proved how far apart the bulk of white and black America is divided.

    It also shows how differently people can view the same circumstance based on perspective.
    RK
    cell #901-494-9437

    Management is making sure things are done right. Leadership is doing the right thing. The fire service needs alot more leaders and a lot less managers.

    "Everyone goes home" is the mantra for the pussification of the modern, American fire service.


    Comments made are my own. They do not represent the official position or opinion of the Fire Department or the City for which I am employed. In fact, they are normally exactly the opposite.

  6. #6
    Forum Member
    FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee
    Posts
    10,284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MemphisE34a View Post
    If nothing else, this trial has once again proved how far apart the bulk of white and black America is divided.

    It also shows how differently people can view the same circumstance based on perspective.
    I don't know about that...

    I am white, never been mistaken for anything else, middle class, just retired from a life of public service as a career firefighter. Also, I am a gun owner and staunch defender of the 2nd Ammendment.

    I believe, no matter what Travon was doing, Zimmerman provoked this incident by getting involved physically in a situation he had no business beng involved in. If he was a member of the Neighborhood Watch group their guidelines clearly say do not approach, do not get personally involved, and DO NOT CARRY FIREARMS, while doing neighborhood watch activities. They want watch group members to stay a safe distance and notify the police. In fact Zimmerman was told not to intervene by disaptch.

    So while I believe there is stratification along race lines...I am clearly not making my mind up by race, but by what I view as 2 wrongs ending up in a needless death.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

  7. #7
    Forum Member
    FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee
    Posts
    10,284

    Default

    The verdict just came down at 2100 hours...NOT GUILTY.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

  8. #8
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Northeast Coast
    Posts
    3,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    I don't know about that...

    I am white, never been mistaken for anything else, middle class, just retired from a life of public service as a career firefighter. Also, I am a gun owner and staunch defender of the 2nd Ammendment.

    I believe, no matter what Travon was doing, Zimmerman provoked this incident by getting involved physically in a situation he had no business beng involved in. If he was a member of the Neighborhood Watch group their guidelines clearly say do not approach, do not get personally involved, and DO NOT CARRY FIREARMS, while doing neighborhood watch activities. They want watch group members to stay a safe distance and notify the police. In fact Zimmerman was told not to intervene by disaptch.

    So while I believe there is stratification along race lines...I am clearly not making my mind up by race, but by what I view as 2 wrongs ending up in a needless death.
    This exactly sums up my sentiment. As one who carries concealed at times, I fully expect to have to walk away from any sign of trouble sooner than I would if I were unarmed. I fully expect that Zimmerman would not have left the safety of his car if he hadn't been carrying. Strapping on a firearm can allow one to feel "invincible" and do things beyond what they would without it. I don't think he was looking to have this end up with Martin dead, but clearly his actions led to it. The act that guns are the "great equaliazers" can easily be abused by letting things escalate beyond what a reasonable unarmed person would allow.

    As an aside, regardless of the verdict, there are those looking to use this as an excuse fro violence and rioting. I have no sympathy for anyone who takes this opportunity to commit any crimes. The same people would be wise to rise above this and seek a legal avenue for their anger. Race riots will only serve to deepen racial divides.
    scfire86 and Chenzo like this.

  9. #9
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Northeast Coast
    Posts
    3,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    The verdict just came down at 2100 hours...NOT GUILTY.
    We can only hope cooler heads prevail tonight, tomorrow and beyond. In my eyes this was in no way a race issue, but it will be used as one.

  10. #10
    Forum Member
    IronValor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Kentucky
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Be careful out there fellas. When in doubt knock em out
    Do not let the ghosts of our fallen brothers gaze upon you and ask " What have you done to my profession?" FTB DTRT EGH

  11. #11
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RFDACM02 View Post
    We can only hope cooler heads prevail tonight, tomorrow and beyond. In my eyes this was in no way a race issue, but it will be used as one.
    I disagree. Zimmerman took one look, saw a black kid and decided the ONLY reason the kid could possibly be in the area was to rob houses. He basically said that to dispatcher. The incident was about race from the first minute.

    I do believe that the jury decision, unlike some other verdicts, was NOT based on race.

  12. #12
    Forum Member
    FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee
    Posts
    10,284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by captnjak View Post
    I disagree. Zimmerman took one look, saw a black kid and decided the ONLY reason the kid could possibly be in the area was to rob houses. He basically said that to dispatcher. The incident was about race from the first minute.

    I do believe that the jury decision, unlike some other verdicts, was NOT based on race.
    Frankly, your 2 points here seem in conflict.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

  13. #13
    Forum Member
    snowball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Just North of South Central
    Posts
    2,740

    Default

    This incident was about race, but it was not the making of Zimmerman or Martin.

    http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journal...rage-Rap-Sheet


    February 26, 2012 - George Zimmerman Shoots and Kills Trayvon Martin
    Zimmerman claims self-defense. After an investigation, the police agree and decide not to press charges.

    March 8, 2012 - The AP Falsely Describes Zimmerman as "White"
    The story of the grieving parents of Trayvon Martin demanding Zimmerman be arrested first achieves national attention on March 8 when CBS This Morning runs a report.
    Later that same day, the Associated Press throws the first log on the racial fire by inaccurately describing Zimmerman as white.

    March 13, 2012 - NBC's Al Sharpton Uses MSNBC Platform to Stoke Phony Racial Narrative
    Breitbart editor-in-chief Joel Pollak:
    Sharpton devoted a portion of his program on MSNBC, PoliticsNation, to the Trayvon Martin case. He interviewed Martin family attorney Benjamin Crump, who reiterated the accusation that Zimmerman was “white”: “We think Trayvon Martin didn’t know who the heck this white man was who approached him before he got killed.”
    Earlier that same day, Sharpton's National Action Network released a statement calling for...
    ...a “complete and thorough investigation” into Martin’s death. He added: “[W]e are told that racial language was used when the young man reported his suspicions to police[.]”
    The story about Zimmerman's use of racial language was false.

    March 13, 2012 - ABC News Reporter Claims Trayvon Shot Because "He Was Black"
    About ten days before Al Sharpton and President Obama would launch the Zimmerman story into the stratosphere, Matt Gutman, an ABC News correspondent based in Miami, Florida, was already (and without a shred of evidence) laying the track for a racial narrative.
    Gutman covered the case for the network, and his Twitter feed at the time was full of falsehoods, innuendo, and irresponsible speculation. In one tweet, Gutman came right out and claimed Trayvon was shot "bc [because] he was black."
    Gutman would also recklessly accuse Zimmerman of "stalking" and shooting down Trayvon.

    March 19, 2012 - CBS News Falsely Claims Zimmerman Is White
    A small detail that the Obama administration and the media apparently missed was that the white versus black racial narrative they were preparing to invest so much into was missing just one thing: a white person.
    Proof of this is that CBS News falsely claimed Zimmerman was white about a week before the story exploded.
    In their venomous zeal, the media and Democrats likely assumed that someone with the last name Zimmerman had to be white. But they were wrong, as Zimmerman is Hispanic.
    Never ones to back off a good narrative, rather than use this revelation to tamp down tensions or correct their reporting, the media simply made up out of whole cloth a new racial category: the "white Hispanic."

    March 22, 2012 - Zimmerman Described as a "White Hispanic" by The New York Times
    Just in the nick of time, before the story was engineered to explode the very next day with the Sharpton rally, The New York Times put its stamp of approval on the term "white Hispanic."

    March 21, 2012 - CNN Falsely Accuses Zimmerman of Saying "F**king Coon"
    Knowing full well the phony racial storm brewing around the Zimmerman case was about to have gasoline thrown on it the next day, CNN went to extraordinary lengths to claim Zimmerman had uttered the racial slur "coon" when he had not.
    This has to be watched to be believed.
    CNN wouldn't officially retract their defamation until April 5th, long after it was too late.

    March 22, 2012 - NBC's Al Sharpton Goes to Florida
    Though the police had investigated the shooting and saw no reason to charge George Zimmerman, in March of 2012, President Obama's reelection chances looked dim. He would need the crucial swing state of Florida to win another four years, and nothing brings out the Democrat vote like a good old racial bonfire.
    With the help of thousands of dollars from Obama's Justice Department, it was then that Rev. Al Sharpton (anchor of MSNBC's Politics Nation) held his incendiary rally:
    At the protest, Sharpton was flanked by Martin's parents. "Trayvon could have been any one of our sons," he said. "Trayvon could have been any one of us."
    He continued:
    "We are tired of going to jail for nothing and others going home for something. Zimmerman should have been arrested that night ... you cannot defend yourself against a pack of Skittles and iced tea. Don't talk to us like we're stupid! Don't talk to us like we're ignorant! We love our children like you love yours. Lock him up!"
    Sharpton said that he would stay on the case.
    "We cannot allow a legal precedent to be established in this city that tells us it is legal for a man to kill us, tell any story he wants, and walks out with the murder weapon," he said.

    March 23, 2012 - President Obama Repeats Sharpton's Talking Point
    The day after Sharpton held his rally and said, "Trayvon could have been any one of our sons," President Obama made huge news when he stepped before the cameras, demanded action in the Zimmerman case, and famously said, "If I had a son, he would look like Trayvon."
    In just two days, a network news anchor and an American president had blasted the Zimmerman case into the nation's top story and did so based on a racial narrative without a shred of evidence to support it. Almost every other major news outlet would now commit every journalistic sin imaginable to fabricate evidence.

    March 24, 2012 - Reuters Describes Zimmerman as a "White Hispanic"
    To keep the white versus black narrative alive, Reuters jumps on the ridiculous "white Hispanic" bandwagon.
    Many others would follow.

    March 27, 2012 - NBC News Edits 911 Audio to Make Zimmerman Look Racist
    On the storied Today Show, NBC News told America Zimmerman said this on the 911 call:
    Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. He looks black.
    When the truth is that the unedited audio actually went like this:
    Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. Or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around, looking about.
    Dispatcher: OK, and this guy — is he black, white or Hispanic?
    Zimmerman: He looks black.
    After the fraudulent editing was discovered by the New Media (first by Breitbart News), former NBC News president Steve Capus would claim that the edit was "a mistake and not a deliberate act to misrepresent the phone call."
    Eventually, several NBC producers would be fired (without being named), and Zimmerman would file a lawsuit against NBC; it remains unresolved.

    March 28, 2012 - ABC News Falsely Claims Zimmerman Wasn't Injured Night of Shooting
    The day after NBC News released its falsified 911 bombshell, ABC News released a phony, hyped-up story of its own. Using grainy surveillance video of Zimmerman at the police station on the night of the shooting, ABC News claimed, "A police surveillance video taken the night that Trayvon Martin was shot dead shows no blood or bruises on George Zimmerman."
    Obviously, if true, this would go a long way towards proving Zimmerman was not in fear of his life the night of the shooting and had lied about being beaten up.
    The only problem is that the ABC News story was not true -- not even close. The network didn't bother to enhance the video before breaking the news. Had they, Zimmerman's bloody head would have been quite apparent.
    It would take four days for ABC to retract its falsehood.

    March 28, 2012 - Boston Globe Falsely Describes Zimmerman as White
    By late March it was widely known that George Zimmerman was Hispanic. This did not stop the Boston Globe from using its pages to describe him as "a white neighborhood watch captain."
    This error has never been corrected.

    March 29, 2012 - NBC's Chris Matthews Contradicts Guest to Claim Zimmerman Not Injured
    By the next day, ABC's false story about Zimmerman not being injured had already gone viral. However, some were already doing the job ABC apparently didn't want to do: enhancing the video. A guest on MSNBC's Hardball told the show's host, Chris Matthews, that his enhancement did show bruises on the back of Zimmerman's head. MSNBC even broadcast the enhancement, which clearly showed cuts and bruising.
    Regardless, during the same show, Matthews stridently claimed:
    George Zimmerman says he shot Trayvon Martin after Trayvon broke his nose and repeatedly slammed the back of his head into a concrete sidewalk, but newly released video tape of Zimmerman arriving at the police station--we're looking at it there--appears to show no evidence of a broken nose or obvious wounds to the back of Zimmerman's head.

    Late March, 2012 - Zimmerman's "Black Friend" Vilified by Media
    Even though Zimmerman is Hispanic and there was no evidence of any racial motivation behind his actions, the media's racial-hysteria was, at this point, in full bloom. To try and tamp things down, Joe Oliver, a black reporter who had worked with CNN and an Orlando television station, started doing the national media interview rounds to speak on behalf of his friend, George Zimmerman.
    Last edited by snowball; 07-14-2013 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Added the link
    IAFF

  14. #14
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Frankly, your 2 points here seem in conflict.
    Trying to say that Zimmerman acted based on race, but the jury acted based on evidence (or lack of it).

  15. #15
    Forum Member
    FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee
    Posts
    10,284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by captnjak View Post
    Trying to say that Zimmerman acted based on race, but the jury acted based on evidence (or lack of it).
    Then frankly, based on evidence, I believe the jury blew it and missed the entire reason this event occurred. Simply, Zimmerman got out of his car and confronted Trayvon Martin, against neighborhood watch rules, he was armed, against neighborhood watch rules, and despite being told by the dispatcher not to intervene he did anyways.

    Since everyone else speculates let me add mine. I believe Zimmerman thought he was bigger and stronger than Trayvon Martin, he confronted him and they got into a fight, when Trayvon was essentially kicking his *** Zimmerman shot him. I will not deny that at that point it was probably within the legal definition of self defense. My point is if Zimmerman had stayed in his car, at a distance, reporting Trayvon's location to the police this incident never would have had to happen.
    EastKyFF likes this.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

  16. #16
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Then frankly, based on evidence, I believe the jury blew it and missed the entire reason this event occurred. Simply, Zimmerman got out of his car and confronted Trayvon Martin, against neighborhood watch rules, he was armed, against neighborhood watch rules, and despite being told by the dispatcher not to intervene he did anyways.

    Since everyone else speculates let me add mine. I believe Zimmerman thought he was bigger and stronger than Trayvon Martin, he confronted him and they got into a fight, when Trayvon was essentially kicking his *** Zimmerman shot him. I will not deny that at that point it was probably within the legal definition of self defense. My point is if Zimmerman had stayed in his car, at a distance, reporting Trayvon's location to the police this incident never would have had to happen.
    The jury was not charged with deciding whether or not Zimmerman violated neighborhood watch rules or whether or not he obeyed the dispatcher. The jury was charged with deciding whether or not Zimmerman, according to Florida law, committed murder based on the evidence presented at trial and only the evidence presented at trial.

    The jury could very well have understood that the entire incident was Zimmerman's fault, but that is not enough to convict him of a murder charge.

    And didn't you speculate yourself in post #6 of this thread?
    Last edited by captnjak; 07-14-2013 at 09:38 PM.

  17. #17
    Forum Member
    FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee
    Posts
    10,284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by captnjak View Post
    And didn't you speculate yourself in post #6 of this thread?
    Nope, stated facts in evidence in post 6.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

  18. #18
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    114

    Default

    I have detected a lot of racism in response to this verdict. From the right wing media, on my Facebook feed, etc. If Martin were your son there is no way you would accept this verdict.

    I was on duty in America's arson capital when this verdict came down. A lot of my coworkers shook their heads, as did I (a white guy), but it didn't prompt civil unrest. I think it should have.

  19. #19
    Forum Member
    DeputyChiefGonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Somewhere between genius and insanity!
    Posts
    13,586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitFF View Post
    I have detected a lot of racism in response to this verdict. From the right wing media, on my Facebook feed, etc. If Martin were your son there is no way you would accept this verdict.

    I was on duty in America's arson capital when this verdict came down. A lot of my coworkers shook their heads, as did I (a white guy), but it didn't prompt civil unrest. I think it should have.
    So you are condoning violence, aka "civil unrest"?
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

  20. #20
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeputyChiefGonzo View Post
    So you are condoning violence, aka "civil unrest"?
    Bravo on your reading comprehension.

  21. #21
    Forum Member
    snowball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Just North of South Central
    Posts
    2,740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitFF View Post
    I have detected a lot of racism in response to this verdict. From the right wing media, on my Facebook feed, etc. If Martin were your son there is no way you would accept this verdict.

    I was on duty in America's arson capital when this verdict came down. A lot of my coworkers shook their heads, as did I (a white guy), but it didn't prompt civil unrest. I think it should have.
    And exactly what would that accomplish? We Americans don't know how to have civil unrest without destroying everything in our paths, killing or injuring innocent people with an opposite view, or they have no involvement whatsoever, and costing taxpayers hundreds of millions of dollars in repairs and lawsuits.

    The Rodney King riots are a prime example of American civil unrest.
    You don't have to watch the whole thing, but at least skip to the end to view the stats. We have enough natural disasters in this country without civil unrest.

    There are only two people that know exactly what happened that night and sadly one of them is dead.

    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Csb3TWY3ptQ

    And you're right, if that we're my son, I wouldn't want to accept that verdict. But then again, I'm so involved with my kids daily lives that its not really a worry for me.
    IAFF

  22. #22
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snowball View Post
    And you're right, if that we're my son, I wouldn't want to accept that verdict. But then again, I'm so involved with my kids daily lives that its not really a worry for me.
    You think Trevon's dad wasn't involved in his life? I hate to tell you my man, but you can't protect your kids from a zealot with a gun.

  23. #23
    Forum Member
    FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee
    Posts
    10,284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitFF View Post
    I have detected a lot of racism in response to this verdict. From the right wing media, on my Facebook feed, etc. If Martin were your son there is no way you would accept this verdict.

    I was on duty in America's arson capital when this verdict came down. A lot of my coworkers shook their heads, as did I (a white guy), but it didn't prompt civil unrest. I think it should have.
    Brilliant post Jesus Christ are you F***ing insane or what? I agree that his death was a needless tragedy and I have stated so here, on facebook, and very unpopularly on a gun forum I belong to. But I see absolutley no benefit in civil unrest that leads to violence, destruction of property and possibly more deaths.

    I suppose a few more fires and crime in Detroit would hardly get noticed where civil unrest seems to be a way of life. It sure has worked out well there hasn't it?
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

  24. #24
    Forum Member
    snowball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Just North of South Central
    Posts
    2,740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitFF View Post
    You think Trevon's dad wasn't involved in his life? I hate to tell you my man, but you can't protect your kids from a zealot with a gun.
    I never said he wasn't, I just generalized my answer to your "what if" question. I also never picked a side as you obviously have. Like I said, there's only two people that know exactly what went down that night. I started this thread as a heads up to guys like you and I who can be in the middle of a war zone in minutes. My subsequent responses were about the complete disregard by the media to relay facts for the sake of sensationalism. I don't know where you picked up on racism in this thread bro, can you help me out with that?
    IAFF

  25. #25
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Poconos, Pa
    Posts
    796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitFF View Post
    You think Trevon's dad wasn't involved in his life? I hate to tell you my man, but you can't protect your kids from a zealot with a gun.
    Honestly..No. Alot of talk about if Zimmerman stayed in the car.. Didn't follow him etc..

    How about if trayvon was home getting ready for bed.. Perhaps studying or reading. Researching colleges or military options online.. Watching TV with his father..

    When I was 17 if I wasn't working I was home by that time..and if I was working I came right home. I had a car and a cell phone and knew that was a privledge that could be taken away.. I understood consequences.

    If trayvon Just ran home, ran away, called the cops, called his dad... Called anyone.. He would still be alive.

    But instead... He chose to start a physical altercation with Zimmerman..
    RangerJake72 likes this.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. PG soon.....we hope!?
    By arhaney in forum Federal FIRE ACT Grants & Funding
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-23-2007, 11:39 AM
  2. Not Exactly Fire Related, But It Fits.
    By MalahatTwo7 in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-28-2004, 11:48 AM
  3. Might there be hope?!!
    By BC79er_OLDDELETE in forum Federal FIRE ACT Grants & Funding
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 02-09-2004, 12:04 PM
  4. Any Hope?
    By Kiernan in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-26-2003, 09:48 PM
  5. Hope for the best?
    By Bones42 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-15-2003, 09:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register