Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Detroit Fire Department Firefighter AUGUST 19, 2013

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by IFR View Post
    Not yet man, what about you? I'm guessing this next week we will get scheduled.
    Nope. I was really hoping to hear something before the app deadline just in case it was because there was a problem. Like you said, hopefully next week.

Forum Member

I applied on the 19th, and I'm also from outa state. I haven't got my test date yet... Does anyone know what's going on ?

IFR
    MembersZone Subscriber

It appears very few people have received there test dates. They had over 1600 apply, and I'm sure the HR department is a bit overwhelmed. I think we all just need to be patient. I bet this process will be long and very fluid. As soon as I get mine I will let you all know.

MembersZone Subscriber

Per Dffa Union, final number of applicants, 2,431.

Rumor has it a lot of people didn't show up on their test days so far. If everyone showed up and passed the test Odds of being hired would be 1 in every 27 people. Pretty awesome odds. Im thinking when all of the testing is done maybe 1:15 or so. 90 supposed to be hired right away and then another possible 50 according to the EM.
    Jerry Stewart
    Firefighter Engine Company No. 44
    Licensed Paramedic State of Michigan
    Detroit1552fire@yahoo.com
    (313) 732 7377
    Detroit Fire Department Local 344

IFR
    MembersZone Subscriber

Anyone have new information on test dates? I assumed we would have heard by now. Detroitfire...do you know the date the city is hoping to have the first 90 hired by?

IFR
    MembersZone Subscriber

Just thought I would let you all know, I just checked my application status and it states, "Schedule Written Exam".

Forum Member

After I applied on Oct 16th, I received an email response with my written test date and time two days later for the 18th..

Forum Member

Just thought I would let you all know, I just checked my application status and it states, "Schedule Written Exam".
    Same story here.

MembersZone Subscriber

I just received my test date via e-mail...scheduled for the week after next.

Forum Member

Be mindful everyone that they are testing 2400 people in groups of 30-40. Be patient because this will a long process. My test was one of the first last week and only 30 of 40 people showed up to the test. I am told this has been the case at other tests as well. With an immediate 25% wash out rate the odds are looking better and better. Good luck everyone

Forum Member

Just curious, but how did u get to schedule your exam? My status says schedule, but won't let me pick a date... Just want to get it done. Do not want to miss this process

Forum Member

I actually received an email from Detroit's HR dept that scheduled my test. I did not get to choose my date.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Fire_42 View Post
    Just curious, but how did u get to schedule your exam? My status says schedule, but won't let me pick a date... Just want to get it done. Do not want to miss this process
    It was assigned. Like you, my online status changed to "schedule" sometime over the past 2 days, but there was never an option to self-schedule. I'm sure you'll be hearing something soon.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by MetroDFF View Post
    Be mindful everyone that they are testing 2400 people in groups of 30-40. Be patient because this will a long process. My test was one of the first last week and only 30 of 40 people showed up to the test. I am told this has been the case at other tests as well. With an immediate 25% wash out rate the odds are looking better and better. Good luck everyone
    This is unprecedented. I've never seen such good odds for any department, let alone for a major city that doesn't require any certifications to apply. Heck, even FD's that require medic don't hire at a 1:15 ratio.

IFR
    MembersZone Subscriber

I recieved my examination date. For those of you who have already taken the test...what were you instructed to do after you completed the test? Any paperwork you need to turn in, or are they waiting to test everyone before accepting CPAT's, etc.

Forum Member

I recieved my examination date. For those of you who have already taken the test...what were you instructed to do after you completed the test? Any paperwork you need to turn in, or are they waiting to test everyone before accepting CPAT's, etc.

We were told prior to taking the exam that the scores would be emailed to us. If we needed information on taking the CPAT through DFD, we could go down the hall to another room to inquire about CPAT info.. They did not collect any CPAT's as of yet.

Forum Member

Default Firefighter/EMT

I'm an out of state applicant and my test is scheduled for November 19th. Any idea if we can do our cpat out of state? Or would I have to fly back to take it in Detroit?

Forum Member

Default Cpat

I just scheduled my CPAT with DFD for next Tuesday. If you were put on the waiting list, they should call you soon...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by le0ne22 View Post
    I just scheduled my CPAT with DFD for next Tuesday. If you were put on the waiting list, they should call you soon...
    Did they let you sign up for the CPAT without your written results? Because I have not gotten mine yet.

Forum Member

I have not yet received my written results yet. A few weeks back I was put on a waiting list to take the CPAT through Detroit and I got a call on Tuesday with a date and time to show up..

Thread Information