Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MemphisE34a

Thread: Memphis E10.

Forum Member

Default Memphis E10.

For the most part, a fire engine is a fire engine, but I am posting this as some may find this interesting being a primarily structural response piece.

The engine that I am currently assigned just recieved this pumper this week. We are primarily cover a dense, urban environment in busy South Memphis, but we are 2nd due to a large industrial complex on the Memphis Mississippi River port know as President's Island. This complex is somewhat isolated from the population of Memphis and therefore houses most of the cities most dangerous and hazardous industries.

In addition to ours, there are 2 sister pumpers that are assigned to E32 on Presidents Island and E36 - a perphial station that also houses R2 which covers hazmat response in a 3rd of the City.

2013 Pierce Arrow XT chassis
    500 water
    1500 gom pump
    Husky 12 Foam Pro System
    30 gallons Class A
    250 gallons Class B
    500 lbs. dry chemical - rear compartment.

It has seperate booster reels - one for water, one for dry chem.

All were purchased on Federal grants through the Port Authority.

Last edited by MemphisE34a; 08-20-2013 at 07:35 PM.
    CaptOldTimer likes this.
    RK
    cell #901-494-9437

Management is making sure things are done right. Leadership is doing the right thing. The fire service needs alot more leaders and a lot less managers.

"Everyone goes home" is the mantra for the pussification of the modern, American fire service.

Comments made are my own. They do not represent the official position or opinion of the Fire Department or the City for which I am employed. In fact, they are normally exactly the opposite.

Forum Member

Thumbs up Nice Engine !

It looks like a very good engine for your industrial area, maybe they can also use a 75' or 100' quint ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Woodbridge View Post
    It looks like a very good engine for your industrial area, maybe they can also use a 75' or 100' quint ?
    That might be a good idea on the Island as they can only house one apparatus - they really need a tandom axle industrial pumper which is what we were all slated to get, but we were met by unrelaistic time constraints on the grant.

My station also has a 100' truck company in the house with us.
    RK
    cell #901-494-9437

Management is making sure things are done right. Leadership is doing the right thing. The fire service needs alot more leaders and a lot less managers.

"Everyone goes home" is the mantra for the pussification of the modern, American fire service.

Comments made are my own. They do not represent the official position or opinion of the Fire Department or the City for which I am employed. In fact, they are normally exactly the opposite.

Thread Information