Thread: Des Moines FD

Forum Member

Default Des Moines FD

I recently tested for this Department, I haven't seen a thread for this department yet. Anyone on here work for DMFD that could give a little insight to the process as well as possibly how the academy works. Has anyone heard anything back from the CPAT and the Written test? How many are they looking at hiring? Good luck to everyone involved in the process!

Forum Member

I do not work for DM
    http://www.iaff-local4.org/index.cfm?section=1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qVuHgtUmy8
    http://www.dmgov.org/Departments/Fire/Pages/About.aspx

Civil service interview, Backgrounds, Chief's Interview, Offers, Physicals, etc

-They conduct a Fire Academy and train members to EMT-B and EMT-P certification level

Forum Member

I got my email back last week stating I was moving on in the process to the Interview step. The email stated I scored a 87.7 and the cut off was 82.5. I called HR today to get more information on the interview. I was told there are 130 people moving on and it will be a panel interview with the Civil Service. I was told right now they are hiring 8 but that might change. Anyone else been through this process and can give a little more light into the type of questions the Civil Service will be asking?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Armyfire245 View Post
    I got my email back last week stating I was moving on in the process to the Interview step. The email stated I scored a 87.7 and the cut off was 82.5. I called HR today to get more information on the interview. I was told there are 130 people moving on and it will be a panel interview with the Civil Service. I was told right now they are hiring 8 but that might change. Anyone else been through this process and can give a little more light into the type of questions the Civil Service will be asking?

Army...I interview this week too, how do you think your interview went?

Forum Member

I hope it goes well, I interview on Thursday. I am just not sure what to brush up on, like what type of questions are they going to ask.

Forum Member

From my experience you need to have good answers as to why you want to become a FF. Also be ready to explain why you'd like to work for that city/dept. Be prepared to explain what you have done to be ready for a career in the fire service.

Forum Member

Iowaguy what did you score on your written if you don't mind me asking.

Forum Member

Sorry for the delay Army I've been busy working and on vacation. Without elaborating too much I scored higher than you. Also anyone get any word on if they are moving forward?

Forum Member

I got my email back today, I scored just outside the top 40 scores. So I will not be moving on in the process, good luck everyone still in the process!

Forum Member

Found out yesterday I scored just outside the cutoff, I mean within tenths...Good luck to everyone else.

Thread Information