Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Fort Worth FD hiring process

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mattk1027 View Post
    Hey everyone,

Hope ya'll stayed safe during the ice storm. Has anyone heard anything yet on the eligibility list?
    I haven't but I hope someone here has. I've been telling myself that I'm going to have to wait until the 19th, but it would be a very pleasant surprise to find out otherwise.

Forum Member

I have heard nothing.
    Just out of curiosity, did anybody here take the written test in 2011?

Forum Member

What did you guys think about the personality question "It's important to be careful because life is basically one accident after another waiting to happen?"

I agree that it's important to be careful, but I felt as though the wording of "one accident after another" sounded a bit paranoid.

Forum Member

Does anyone know rulings about submitting DD214's late. Unfortunatly there was a problem with my IPERMS and I was unable to pull a copy from my AKO account and had to go through my guard unit. I wasn't able to get a photo copy of it until just this past week. I realize its probably to late at this point but if theres any hope I'd like to know.

Forum Member

2 more days ya'll! Hope everyone did well.

Forum Member

Scores are posted, but only at the training center, I assume they will be online tomorrow. I scored a 92, and am ranked in the 100's (which is stanine 1). I'm not sure why the scores are so much lower than last time, the highest is a 99 and only one person made that. I didn't look very closely after I found my name on the list, but I think stanine 1 goes all the way down to a 90. Good luck everybody

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tootallhughes View Post
    Scores are posted, but only at the training center, I assume they will be online tomorrow. I scored a 92, and am ranked in the 100's (which is stanine 1). I'm not sure why the scores are so much lower than last time, the highest is a 99 and only one person made that. I didn't look very closely after I found my name on the list, but I think stanine 1 goes all the way down to a 90. Good luck everybody
    How many people were in stanine 1?

Forum Member

I don't remember from looking at the list, but I just got an email from Captain Ware and it says the top 150 is 1st stanine. Anybody else get an email yet?

Forum Member

I don't remember from looking at the list, but I just got an email from Captain Ware and it says the top 150 is 1st stanine. Anybody else get an email yet?
    Didn't get an email yet. Last year they hired a lot less and stanine 1 was 200 people, so that's kind of weird.

Forum Member

I was tied for second with a 98. I received an email about orientation.

I also expected to see numerous scores over 100 due to military points. Maybe the test was harder, or maybe it was scored differently. Good luck to everyone who will be moving forward. I'm ready to bust it over this next month to make sure I'm in as good of shape as possible. If anyone wants to meet up to work out, PM me.

There's still a long road ahead, but this is great motivation.

Forum Member

I should add that it is posted online at http://fortworthtexas.gov/uploadedFi...bilityList.pdf

Forum Member

awesome shoelessjoseph, congrats. Finally I can stop checking the website every 20 minutes to see if the scores are posted....lol

p.s.
    We finally have an answer for how many tested, I came up with 1,482 judging by the alphabetical list.
    Last edited by Tootallhughes; 12-18-2013 at 08:48 PM.

Forum Member

awesome shoelessjoseph, congrats. Finally I can stop checking the website every 20 minutes to see if the scores are posted....lol
    I thought I was the only one who did that?!

Confession: Not only would I check the website nonstop, but I would actually try the URL of the old list with "2013" in it rather than "2011"....just in case they had made the list but hadn't changed the link yet. I'm embarrassed to admit that lol.

Forum Member

I got an 88 low end of stanine 2. Not sure if I'll be invited or not. Time for some more waiting.

Forum Member

shoelessjoseph-Lol, man that is just plain obsessive..... (Let's not talk about how I found out the scores were posted at the training center.......)

Jlarkin15-I'm sure they'll at least go through stanine 2 if they are serious about hiring 110. Plus, did ya'll notice there is no expiration date on this test? It says it only expires after 110 candidates are hired.

Forum Member

Pretty excited 90% top 150. Does anyone know how the stanine process works?

Forum Member

I got the 99; this was a good day. Good luck to everyone. Can't wait for orientation.

Forum Member

So does anyone know if they're going to test just stanine 1 first? Or will they test 2 at the same time

Forum Member

I would assume the first class will be comprised of the 1st and 2nd stanine, they will probably just take the 1st stanine initially though. They are probably going to have a class pretty fast though.

Forum Member

Orientation scheduled for January 5th, 3:30. Can't wait!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by travis_painter View Post
    Pretty excited 90% top 150. Does anyone know how the stanine process works?
    They usually process one stanine at a time. Once they get through with background checks and polygraphs if they don't feel they have enough candidates to choose from for the class they will process the next stanine. Once they have enough candidates they will do interviews and choose a class. (This info. is from my experience going through the process September of last year to May of this year....)

I think in the past the standard class size has been around 30. Does anybody have an inkling as to how large this first class will be?
    travis_painter likes this.

Forum Member

Thanks for your help, the only thing that sucks is that I would have been in the top twenty if I had been discharged earlier to get my 5 points.

Forum Member

I also made Stanine 1. Looking forward to having our questions answered at orientation such as whether it's pass/fail from here on out or if the ranks can change from the interview, like we were discussing before. Also, for those attending orientation on 1/4 or 1/5, did you receive another reply from Captain Ware after confirming orientation date/time as requested by his email? I did not. I assume it's confirmed but wanted to double check with y'all.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter56 View Post
    I also made Stanine 1. Looking forward to having our questions answered at orientation such as whether it's pass/fail from here on out or if the ranks can change from the interview, like we were discussing before. Also, for those attending orientation on 1/4 or 1/5, did you receive another reply from Captain Ware after confirming orientation date/time as requested by his email? I did not. I assume it's confirmed but wanted to double check with y'all.
    No reply, not expecting one though. January 5th can't get here fast enough!

Forum Member

It seems like things are way different this year on the hiring process. The last time they tested they took 200 for stanine 1, and they were only hiring 40 or so. Since they are hiring 110, do you think they will go through half the people that are on the eligibility list?

Thread Information