Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Community Paramedic

I was just reviewing the the few pieces of literature FEMA has released the upcoming AFG application period. I haven't had the opportunity to attend a webinar. For those of you who have been able to attend a regional workshop or a webinar; What are the representatives saying about the community paramedic category? Any details being shared? This community paramedic has been popping up on the radar in are area.

Forum Member

At our workshop, as far as info...almost none. Our rep's understanding is that it is for a single position for one year to provide Community Paramedicine.

Here is an article from the NAEMT website that provides AN idea of what community paramedicine is.

IMO, that as far as the AFG program goes, it's so new of a possible request, that this first year will help define (through trial and error) what it means. Does this make sense?

A few organizations will get the grant and implement something. There will be successes and there will be failures. Then AFG will zero in on some guidelines and some requirements for future years.

Wolf

Forum Member

Yes, it does make sense. Community Paramedic has popped up a few times on our radar here locally in the past year. Of, course I have a ton of questions regarding this which will hopefully be answered in the grant guidance when it is published. What is FEMAs definition of community paramedic? Will FEMA have guidelines or benchmarks the community paramedic must meet or follow? What is the dollar cap for this particular request?

I can't disagree this first year will help iron out the details of the program. Even through community paramedicine is a fairly new concept. This is probably the way of the future to a certain extent.

After my Workshop...
    I am planning on a training application. Can not have a viable program without trained people.
    "There's no such thing as a bad day,
    Some are just better than others." JFR 1914-1997

Thread Information