Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 2013 FEMA SAFER Email

Forum Member

I have recieved anything in regards to emails clarifying or to update paperwork., just found the updated 1199
    jhl81791123 likes this.

MembersZone Subscriber

I have been told that the letter below was sent to all SAFER applicants who applied under rehiring or those facing layoffs. We initially thought the letter was good news, even though we understood it was not an award notification, but apparently it doesn't mean much. Still waiting with no 1199A update.

Quote Originally Posted by wtfd2940 View Post
    So I will assume a few things. Things are moving along and this could potentially be good news for me. Thoughts?

Thank you for applying for a FY 2013 Staffing for Adequate Fire and Emergency Response (SAFER) Grant.
    As you are aware, grants awarded under the Hiring of Firefighters Category require grantees to maintain their staffing levels and incur no lay-offs during the period of performance of the grant. Therefore, it is imperative that your department have the support of your governing body.
    In order to ensure that there is a clear understanding of the long-term obligations of a SAFER grant and that, if awarded, all parties involved are committed to fulfilling those requirements upon acceptance of the award; we are requesting a letter from your governing body stating their commitment.
    The letter should be prepared on your governing bodyís letterhead and addressed to:

Catherine Patterson

In order for us to be able to move your application to next phase, the letter must be received by me no later than Monday, October 7, 2013. If you need additional time to prepare the letter, please advise me as soon as possible.
    Please note that this is not a notification of award nor is it a guarantee that an award will be made to your department; this is simply a request for additional information.

Patience grasshopper! Still early in the award side of the game.
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Forum Member

New to SAFER- does R&R come out after new hires or should it all come out about the same time???

Forum Member

New to SAFER- does R&R come out after new hires or should it all come out about the same time???

The first rounds of SAFER are usually reserved for Hiring awards to save pending layoffs. Recruitment and Retention awards usually do not start for several weeks. Last year, the first R&R awards did not begin until Round 9.

I would suspect that we would start seeing some R&R 1199A activity soon however.

Forum Member

Received R&R clarifying questions email yesterday. Nice to see R&R movement.

Forum Member

What has the turn around time been for notification after you receive the update on your 1199A?

Thumbs up turn around time

Quote Originally Posted by chief60 View Post
    What has the turn around time been for notification after you receive the update on your 1199A?
    For our 2012 SAFER award, we were about 75 days from 1199 update to award email.

Thread Information