Forum Member

Default Colorado Springs, CO Entry-Level 2014

CSFD will be accepting applications late November 2013 for entry-level firefighter.
    www.springsgov.com
    No word on how many they will be hiring, but rumor is there are a lot of retirements coming up, and "potentially" filling for Station 22.

Forum Member

Thanks for posting. I had a feeling it would be coming up soon.

More specifically: Applications are expected to be available November 24 - December 16, 2013.
    Nothing is as unimpressive as someone who is unwilling to learn.

Forum Member

I had heard maybe two classes of around 12. First one in February. Seems like recently they have been following that schedule (spring and fall academies).

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by lastcall5398 View Post
    I had heard maybe two classes of around 12. First one in February. Seems like recently they have been following that schedule (spring and fall academies).
    For non-certified, non-military, non-minority hires, what are the chances? I don't mind spending money and time getting out there, I do mind if my chances are slim to begin with.

Forum Member

Anyone here from Colorado know anything about the Greeley Fire Process or how many they are looking for?

Forum Member

I am originally from Colorado Springs and love it there. I currently live in Minneapolis. I am in the Hiring process for Minneapolis Fire Dept. I am #24 on the list. I was told from HR that they probably won't start hiring from this new list until early next year. I applied this past January. I want to apply for CSFD, but I am also in a good spot here. I am a Navy vet with EMT/CPAT and some experience before Navy as well. So, I am wondering if I should give it a shot given my position now with MFD. Any advice anyone?

Forum Member

Other than spending a lot of money to fly back out to Colorado, what's the worst that can happen? So you get offers from both then you have to decide. What a great problem to have. I don't know what's happening in Minneapolis financially, but as of late the economy has slightly turned up in COS. hiring again, budgets going in the Fire Departments favor, new chief, etc. These are just some things to look at.

Forum Member

Yeah if you get a chance to test with a department in CO you take it! I lived in Denver before I moved back east, like anywhere there's a lot of competition but it's no joke there. A lot of young guys...capable guys...I've never tested in The Springs, but a few guys I know did(Paramedic/Marine/FF1/EMT-B) and didn't make it far. Just don't think bc you placed good on a list somewhere else that you'll do as good here. Just my opinion.BUT...IT'S NEVER A BAD IDEA TO TEST TEST TEST!

Forum Member

Anyone know how many people tested yesterday?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kk_09 View Post
    Anyone know how many people tested yesterday?
    There were probably about 300 in the morning session.

Forum Member

I was in the late session and we had anywhere (from what I could count) 400-600 people. So, approx. 700-900 individuals is probably a safe bet.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kk_09 View Post
    I was in the late session and we had anywhere (from what I could count) 400-600 people. So, approx. 700-900 individuals is probably a safe bet.
    First time taking the FireTeam test, and even though I did practice it feels much tougher to predict how I did than on other tests. Any ideas of how many will be in Band 1 and what scores? I've read that FireTeam scores are a little lower on average compared to other tests.

Forum Member

I know how you feel, this is my second time taking the FireTEAM test and the first time I kind of caught of guard (even though I did the practice tests.) You will feel much more comfortable if you take it again. As far as the band number and who moves on I am very unsure how it works. I am from out of state and unfamiliar with their recruitment process. If anyone could shed some light on this topic it would be greatly appreciated!

Forum Member

I was hired for 2013-1, the A band consisted of 192. Of those 192, 60 received interviews. 30 were hired for my acadamy, and another 15 were hired for the second academy about 4 months later. I hope this helps.

Forum Member

Thanks! Any word on the hiring total this cycle?

Forum Member

That helps out tremendously, mortar man just curious as to what you looked like on paper as far as your credentials that helped you get hired? If you don't mind sharing that is? Thanks

Forum Member

Check your emails as the scores have been sent out! I made band 1 this time around. Hopefully that leads to an interview.

Forum Member

Interview scheduled for the 31st. My suit is still sweaty from the last oral board.

Forum Member

Congrats man. When did you get your interview email if you don't mind me asking??

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coheed85 View Post
    Congrats man. When did you get your interview email if you don't mind me asking??
    Thanks, I received an email 1 hr ago with interview scheduling directions.

Forum Member

Congrats, WB. Made Band 1, patiently awaiting word about interview. Just curious, what did you look like on paper? Military, under-represented minority, firefighting experience, etc.? If you don't mind me asking, of course.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter56 View Post
    Congrats, WB. Made Band 1, patiently awaiting word about interview. Just curious, what did you look like on paper? Military, under-represented minority, firefighting experience, etc.? If you don't mind me asking, of course.
    EMT, volley FF, construction experience, associates degree, military, white, male.

Forum Member

Thanks. Wonder how many they will interview and by when they will finish sending out the emails. Anyone else received an interview email so far?

Forum Member

Has anybody else received an interview email? I am in band 1 but have not received an email at this time. I guess there is still hope as the last email stated that they should be done sending the invites by 01/21/2014.

Forum Member

Still waiting. The calendar says the 21st but the test scores were early and some have received interview emails already. But you're right it ain't over till close of business tomorrow.

Thread Information